Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see that they will both retain a few small charity roles, he for African parks, dolen cymru, the Henry something or the other that nobody has heard of memorial fund invictus games, map action, rhino conservation, and well child
Herself
Smart works and the animal charity mayhew

What young megomoan has failed to take into account, is that once they have revealed all to Oprah Winfrey, that's it, it's like an actresses nude shot, forever more in the press, but losing them any future worth, Oprah will go on doing talk shows and bigging up her involvement and gabbling about meeting the ex royals, but they will be yesterdays news, it is a shame really as some bright new blood in the Royal family is long overdue, and she could have been a great ambassador for her country, I presume that before the impending nuptials were announced she was given a talk about how life would pan out, but thought she was too important to heed the advice, had she just studiously ignored the press for a while, and no comment to everything, then they would soon have learnt to be less intrusive and realise they have been snubbed, in that the entire firm would have backed her up
I look forward to her new roles on a travel program telling us how wonderful America is and Harry getting his ticket as a security guard or cab driver
They will need to earn some money somehow, or move to a cheaper location like the bronx
Some very well made points, but as a fan of certain actresses, I'm still waiting for Lucy Lawless to pop them out...

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Taken from the latest issue of Private Eye.

To me this sums up the madness perfectly.

C%Lil2ksTKmjnQgJVo3GYw.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
More and more, I'm convinced that noblesse oblige is a steadfastly European concept, and one which Americans ill understand - or even totally fail to understand.

There is a certain 'look at me, look at what I've got' attitude which (for want of a better expression) 'old money' doesn't indulge in.

The H&M thing is a conceit from beginning to end. They are not 'independent'. Harry is a trustafarian by any other name. His wife has bagged herself the best-paying gig she's managed so far - remarkable for someone whose acting is so wooden.

This isn't about independence or privacy, and never was. There's no 'service'. As the article notes, self-service maybe but no giving. The only people giving are the mugs who subscribe to the podcasts and buy whichever endorsed brands they feel will tie them to H&M's 'heightened' values.

Actually, those aren't heightened values. They are keenly tuned values - of the self and what can be screwed out of a situation financially - but they are not heightened.

Ugly.
I do wonder what's happened to 'Serve to Lead' in the grey mush between his ears.

For fear that the rest of us might wonder why 'old money' entitles its possessors to an unchallenged place in government?
Yer,strange that.

The current PM's Grandfather was born Osman Kemal,Boris was born in the US whilst his dad was earning a crust and, his private schooling was covered by a 'King's Prize' scholarship at both Eton and Oxford...doesn't sound like 'Old Money' to me ?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Yer,strange that.

The current PM's Grandfather was born Osman Kemal,Boris was born in the US whilst his dad was earning a crust and, his private schooling was covered by a 'King's Prize' scholarship at both Eton and Oxford...doesn't sound like 'Old Money' to me ?
his old man was not exactly working class though was he ?
working at the World Bank, and the European Commision, so all of the financial incentives and guidance and old pals act would have been freely available to him to start his children of into the world of finance and politics
I much prefer Boris Old man, he joined Tim Severin and another chap with a motorbike and sidecar, and went overland to Afghanistan
he is my kind of bonkers

1614072702379.png

his old man was not exactly working class though was he ?
working at the World Bank, and the European Commision, so all of the financial incentives and guidance and old pals act would have been freely available to him to start his children of into the world of finance and politics
I much prefer Boris Old man, he joined Tim Severin and another chap with a motorbike and sidecar, and went overland to Afghanistan
he is my kind of bonkers

View attachment 551873
I didn't metion 'working class' but was replying to the mention of 'Old Money' !

Stanley Johnson wasn't working class but,he worked for everything he has now...anybody can work for the World Bank and ,the European Commission...even someone born 'working class' whatever that may mean !

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I didn't metion 'working class' but was replying to the mention of 'Old Money' !

Stanley Johnson wasn't working class but,he worked for everything he has now...anybody can work for the World Bank and ,the European Commission...even someone born 'working class' whatever that may mean !
Aye but his starting out at Sherborne School was not free, that required money, and the right contacts

Latest Threads