Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is a Mail article on internet press harrassment , human experimentation and blaming social media for events - rather than as a tool used by those pushing events. Opinions given read rather all-tech-is-evil and biting-the-hand-that-feeds considering where their income is currently being generated from. Carries overtones of "Initiate the Downward Spiraliser" and "Lasers! Target Flooring"

Along with racism of course. Any criticism of her will of course be racist, which must be stopped.

check out the coat of arms, gormless looking lion with no balls & bird with its gob open
1280px-Coat_of_arms_of_Meghan%2C_Duchess_of_Sussex.svg.png

I don't even understand some of the quotes of quotes. They are just word soup.
What part of this don't you understand?

The Archewell-C2i2 fund will be run by Vanessa Wrenn Rhinesmith. Her work on ‘harm reduction’ takes ‘an approach to state cyber/security and surveillance’ that addresses ‘international relations… fraught with aggression (war), masculine tendencies & patriarchy, and heteronormativity (binary) [which] infringes on (and asserts power over the) rights of women and folx who exist outside of the defined binary of the state’.

As long as they succeed in de-criminalising George Floyd they will have at least made some in-roads into the injustices in this nasty and unfair world us folx live in.

Learn't a new word today. Folx. What a load of bollocx.

What part of this don't you understand?

The Archewell-C2i2 fund will be run by Vanessa Wrenn Rhinesmith. Her work on ‘harm reduction’ takes ‘an approach to state cyber/security and surveillance’ that addresses ‘international relations… fraught with aggression (war), masculine tendencies & patriarchy, and heteronormativity (binary) [which] infringes on (and asserts power over the) rights of women and folx who exist outside of the defined binary of the state’.

As long as they succeed in de-criminalising George Floyd they will have at least made some in-roads into the injustices in this nasty and unfair world us folx live in.

Yep. Word soup.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Walter_Ego

Clanker
I must admit to being confused by this . I have spent the last half hour trying to understand how the commune of Foix in the Occitan region of southwestern France has any link to the above ^ .
Stupidly , I now realise that I misread the letter L as a letter I. All is now clear :
"This Folx add-on allows either automatic capturing of download links or adding new downloads to Folxwith the right-click menu in Chrome browser."
Something to do with surveillance/ Big Brother is my guess

Dwarf

LE
check out the coat of arms, gormless looking lion with no balls & bird with its gob open
1280px-Coat_of_arms_of_Meghan%2C_Duchess_of_Sussex.svg.png
And white feathers representing his craven surrender.

I must admit to being confused by this . I have spent the last half hour trying to understand how the commune of Foix in the Occitan region of southwestern France has any link to the above ^ .
Stupidly , I now realise that I misread the letter L as a letter I. All is now clear :
"This Folx add-on allows either automatic capturing of download links or adding new downloads to Folxwith the right-click menu in Chrome browser."
Something to do with surveillance/ Big Brother is my guess
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 08.36.02.png

Dwarf

LE
It would appear the two of them have paired up with some UCLA academics to ensure the great unwashed only think and say "correct" thoughts on the web.

Apparently we plebs cannot be trusted to think correctly
I think it's safe to say that he's been paired up by his mistress. (Or should that read owner?)
Given the things I'm sure he has heard, said and done with the Army, and his previous role as Prince of the realm to protect freedoms, it's a tad hypocritical .
This looks to be a bit grasping at straws to keep them in the public eye on their woke crusade. Their (her) original big plans not having matured. Or perhaps it's a wink to Biden and crew who have taken the knee.

Either way if we soon won't be able to say all the things we are used to we might as well say them now.
Did you hear the one about the handicapped, midget, gay, jewish, Pakistani cross-dresser?.........

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I think it's safe to say that he's been paired up by his mistress. (Or should that read owner?)
Given the things I'm sure he has heard, said and done with the Army, and his previous role as Prince of the realm to protect freedoms, it's a tad hypocritical .
This looks to be a bit grasping at straws to keep them in the public eye on their woke crusade. Their (her) original big plans not having matured. Or perhaps it's a wink to Biden and crew who have taken the knee.

Either way if we soon won't be able to say all the things we are used to we might as well say them now.
Did you hear the one about the handicapped, midget, gay, jewish, Pakistani cross-dresser?.........
Fundamentals time.

What does all of this achieve? I don't mean in terms of their visibility - I couldn't give two hoots about that.

I mean what does it achieve in terms of making the world a somehow better place?

It's all just Marxist nonsense intended to undo the nuclear family and much else of the society that we live in.

That society may have its problems, and the US certainly has some major problems which run on racial lines, but if you dismantle what we have you do so at your peril; the whole wealth-redistribution thing won't be accepted, and you can guarantee - in the same way that immigrants voted for Trump - that the people who'll fight hardest for it not to happen will the poor because they will see their already tenuous existences further compromised.

It's very easy to preach about equality from multi-million dollar mansions, through your staffs of dozens. But if these two think that that will all go the Woke's way, they're wrong. Any backlash or uprising is going to polarise around and come from the opposite end of the spectrum. Rightly or or not, the Right will see the gains; GOP supporters are already angry. Keep this stuff up and we'll see a civil war.

The irony, the real irony, is that MM's (I'm afraid that I dismiss H's thoughts in this, he just seems to be a useful irrelevance) ideas of a 'fair' society aren't.

...and get this: at the base of it all, I fundamentally don't believe or trust her. If the political fashion were to be elsewhere, so would she be.

Once censorship is imposed, oversight of who censors who is lost to the majority. A back office censor after all does not have the visibility of the guard at the door, so how can a society maintain sensible control over what is fake news and who determines if that news is fake?

And yes, this is just the latest bandwagon they are trying to jump on but this one is dangerous graspery, especially under current world circumstances and cannot therefore avoid becoming politicised - small p and big P politicised.

My concerns stem from the implications in this article there is some superficial sense and core value in it, which camouflages deeper implications

edited to add link to article

Last edited:
Orwell's prophesy slowly comes to life.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Once censorship is imposed, oversight of who censors who is lost to the majority. A back office censor after all does not have the visibility of the guard at the door, so how can a society maintain sensible control over what is fake news and who determines if that news is fake?

And yes, this is just the latest bandwagon they are trying to jump on but this one is dangerous graspery, especially under current world circumstances and cannot therefore avoid becoming politicised - small p and big P politicised.

My concerns stem from the implications in this article there is some superficial sense and core value in it, which camouflages deeper implications

edited to add link to article
You can guarantee several things, that:
  • there will be no agreement on the appointed arbiters unless they are seen as anti-establishment to some degree.
  • certain parties, especially those on the Left, will appoint someone more hardline at the first given opportunity.
  • those who agitate most to draft the legislation will be steeped in ideology and less than impartial (viz. the UK's hate crime legislation).
  • application will not be equal, and the one thing that will not result is equality.
Your point about superficial sense is right. The devil is always in the detail, and you cannot legislate for every eventuality. The only option is blanket rules which will be clumsy and overbearing.

pc flaps

War Hero
Fundamentals time.

What does all of this achieve? I don't mean in terms of their visibility - I couldn't give two hoots about that.

I mean what does it achieve in terms of making the world a somehow better place?

It's all just Marxist nonsense intended to undo the nuclear family and much else of the society that we live in.

That society may have its problems, and the US certainly has some major problems which run on racial lines, but if you dismantle what we have you do so at your peril; the whole wealth-redistribution thing won't be accepted, and you can guarantee - in the same way that immigrants voted for Trump - that the people who'll fight hardest for it not to happen will the poor because they will see their already tenuous existences further compromised.

It's very easy to preach about equality from multi-million dollar mansions, through your staffs of dozens. But if these two think that that will all go the Woke's way, they're wrong. Any backlash or uprising is going to polarise around and come from the opposite end of the spectrum. Rightly or or not, the Right will see the gains; GOP supporters are already angry. Keep this stuff up and we'll see a civil war.

The irony, the real irony, is that MM's (I'm afraid that I dismiss H's thoughts in this, he just seems to be a useful irrelevance) ideas of a 'fair' society aren't.

...and get this: at the base of it all, I fundamentally don't believe or trust her. If the political fashion were to be elsewhere, so would she be.

There's a good article here about how a post-Covid recession will kill off "woke".

Only a prediction, and we can't know how deep the tentacles of this evil bullsh1t go, but I agree with the article. Post-2021, it'll be about survival & battening down the hatches, and no one will give a toss whether you are a 'non-binary womyn' or whatever.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
There's a good article here about how a post-Covid recession will kill off "woke".

Only a prediction, and we can't know how deep the tentacles of this evil bullsh1t go, but I agree with the article. Post-2021, it'll be about survival & battening down the hatches, and no one will give a toss whether you are a 'non-binary womyn' or whatever.
Interesting piece, and it's interesting the notion that those who cancel will be cancelled. I hope it's right.

I've referred before to Douglas Murray's observation that the only place where hardline Marxists continue to flourish in this country is in the academic system. As another ARRSEr noted to me a while back, in that previous world where we could still meet up for a few beers, many or the 'media' and 'other' studies courses that face budget cuts are little more than Marxist indoctrination.

If all the diversity and outreach nonsense is struck off the balance sheet, then good riddance.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Is 'vetted' another word for Neutered?

Precisely what I thought, after all the "teddy throwing" by her NOT becoming a PRINCESS and their subsequent fleeing to the USA and the foundation of what appears to be her PR led companies/campaigns, Methinks he has outlived his usefulness and become an irrelevance in her life. I also believe looking back at her previous career as a "b/c" list actress and those she married/used to progress it. She will be searching for someone who can help her with her apparent political ambitions and Harry will be discarded with no more thought given by her than she would give to a used sanitary towel!!

Latest Threads