Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sure she kept him there with constant shagging. I wonder that if they had had a longer time together before they married if he would really have gone ahead with it once he got to know her better.
Pretty much sums up the vast majority of marriages I reckon. There are very few couples out there that marry the love of their lives and manage to keep that fire burning.

You make a point, though I was never too sure of her, but that's me. However I think that the RF have one disadvantage in that once they start courting the pressure is on to marry quickly aka the Chas n Di episode which finished less than well.
Bill n Kate actually had time to get to know each other before they got hitched and after the initial glamour of love had passed. And that seems to be working.
Harry didn't really get to know Meggie before they married, he was still in the stars in the eyes phase and I'm sure she kept him there with constant shagging. I wonder that if they had had a longer time together before they married if he would really have gone ahead with it once he got to know her better.
Something to muse on.
I seemed to remember in the early Invictus stage he seemed closed to a ex USMC girl who had lost a leg, helio crash, Iraq, arms around him once. Seemed a nice sort might have worked out, done wonders for the special relationship, Ginge has had form with girls US/Canada.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Not exactly sure how a senior member of the British Royal Family can punch well above their weight. I should have thought that, marriage-wise, they were in the impeccably eligible bracket regardless of age or looks.
He was the most eligible bachelor in the world and could have taken his pick from hundreds of well-bred, or not well-bred ladies, from real Duchesses and Princesses to actresses.

He made his choice, his family welcomed her despite reservations (learning lessons from Princess Margaret and Prince Charles' experience)

Despite her lessons in 'how the firm works' so nothing comes as a surprise, she has thrown the whole thing back at them. Despicable behaviour.

But then, look at how she has treated her father...

Not exactly sure how a senior member of the British Royal Family can punch well above their weight. I should have thought that, marriage-wise, they were in the impeccably eligible bracket regardless of age or looks.
Hmmm... you may have a point... HOW did THIS happen?!
sophie-wessex-edward-wedding-t.jpg

We demand answers! Did money and Crown Land exchange hands!! He can't even be bothered to wear his wedding bling on the correct finger... ! Disgusting!! Is that a gang symbol he's displaying with his hand?! The Windsor Posse.....?.or is that him signalling his intention for his wedding night and it's three in the pink and one in the stink... the brass neck of it!!

I seemed to remember in the early Invictus stage he seemed closed to a ex USMC girl who had lost a leg, helio crash, Iraq, arms around him once. Seemed a nice sort might have worked out, done wonders for the special relationship, Ginge has had form with girls US/Canada.
Here she is. Ex US Army Sgt Elizabeth Marks.

And as I have a certain penchant for tats as well, yes I absolutely would all day long (well, 30 seconds maybe).

340C426A00000578-0-image-a-56_1473573103994.jpg

r85951_1296x729_16-9.jpg

I think it's former USMC Sgt Kirstie Ennis he's referring to:

iu
iu
iu
iu

iu

Pretty much sums up the vast majority of marriages I reckon. There are very few couples out there that marry the love of their lives and manage to keep that fire burning.
I'me one of the few as we have been together for 45 years, and 6 kids, and 8 grandchildren later, we are both happy and content with each others company, sure we have had our little spats, who doesn't, but its all over and forgotten in minutes. Like the gruesome twosome, we have had family problems, some of my siblings do not get on with my wife, and she in turn cannot stand some of mine, but that's life, there cannot be a family in the land that hasn't had issues with their partners side of the family, its human nature, usually a clash of personality's.

The difference with H&M is that it has been a meticulously constructed devious endeviour, planned, thought out, and prosecuted with the utmost zeal, without thought to the consequences, and fall out, which for a couple in the public eye, as it turned out, social suicide. Now H has seen the light, and realizes that his life and credibility as a royal, is all but down the shitter, the long term fall out is hard to predict, the only known fact is, it will not be pretty for all concerned, and in the middle of all this, is sprog 1.

Last edited:

Lacking Moral Fibre

War Hero
Book Reviewer
He was the most eligible bachelor in the world and could have taken his pick from hundreds of well-bred, or not well-bred ladies, from real Duchesses and Princesses to actresses.

He made his choice, his family welcomed her despite reservations (learning lessons from Princess Margaret and Prince Charles' experience)

Despite her lessons in 'how the firm works' so nothing comes as a surprise, she has thrown the whole thing back at them. Despicable behaviour.

But then, look at how she has treated her father...

I agree with the above and I've always suspected that many of the traditional, what we used to call, Sloan rangers didn't want to end up like Diana being chased all over the world. So he was always vulnerable to a scheming woke millennial bint like what he's ended up with.
Plus he does seem to have a mighty big chip on his shoulder with which to beat the British establishment with.

I bet all his life, he was probably thought he was going to be told to marry some awful chubby-arsed Horsey type with the correct entry in Debrett's, or possible get headhunted by 'the right type' à la William & Kate.

Suddenly a really tidy and interesting US actress pops up. The Family aren't overly negative, she's ticking all the woke boxes, and to be fair, I bet she likes what she knows and knows what he likes.

I bet their isn't a hetro bloke on here who would have turned her down several years ago.

Shame it turned out as it did.
Fair point. But the Appreciation aspect failed to consider that The 6Fs was probably the best option from those available.

Find
Follow
Feed*
Finger
Feck
Forget

*Optional

Chef

LE
Fair point. But the Appreciation aspect failed to consider that The 6Fs was probably the best option from those available.

Find
Follow
Feed*
Finger
Feck
Forget

*Optional
Back in the 70s when working in Kensington one of the guys who had the same tea breaks, a nice chap called Leo, had a similar system but streamlined to four points:

Find 'em
Figure 'em
F*ck 'em
Forget 'em

Feeding and foreplay binned to allow a faster turnover.

Having just left school I was in awe of real grown ups who lived in their own gaffs, smoked cigarettes on breaks and weren't nervous around women.

Find
Follow
Feed*
Finger
Feck
Forget

*Optional

I find you crass attitude towards women, and the casual sexualisation of them as objects, quite . . well . . . err . . . arousing

Chalkythedog

War Hero
Grabbed and shared, for ease:

The Duchess of Sussex has argued that the publication of a “quintessentially” private letter she sent to her father was a “tripled barrelled” invasion of her rights and that any argument to the contrary was “utterly fanciful.”
She has insisted that the letter was a “heartfelt plea from an anguished daughter” published only for commercial gain.
The Duchess, 39, has accused the Mail on Sunday of a “plain and serious" breach “not just of her right to respect for her correspondence, but also her private and family life" by reproducing extracts of the letter in a “sensational" context.
She is suing Associated Newspapers, the owner of the newspaper, for breach of privacy and copyright.
Her claim concerns the publication of five articles, three in the MailOnline and two in the Mail on Sunday, in February 2019.
At a two-day summary judgment hearing, being heard remotely at the High Court, the Duchess’s lawyers have argued there is “no real prospect” of the newspaper winning the case and that it should therefore be resolved without a trial.
Such an application can be brought when one party believes it has such an overwhelmingly strong case that the judge does not need to hear witness evidence.
Associated insisted that the case was “wholly unsuitable” for summary judgment as there was uncertainty about several matters that should be investigated at trial.
It accused the Duchess of making a number of inconsistent statements that she needed to explain.
Antony White QC, for the newspaper group, argued: “There is a very real question as to whether the claimant will be able to establish that she had a reasonable – or any – expectation of privacy”.
He said the Duchess wrote the letter “with a view to it being disclosed publicly at some future point” and that she was “at least in some measure prepared for the information to be disclosed”.
He also referred to the involvement of the Kensington Palace communications team before the letter was sent, saying “no truly private letter from daughter to father” would require such input.
The Duchess’s legal team described the newspaper’s defence as “a case of smoke and mirrors” designed to detract from the facts.
Justin Rushbrook QC, for the Duchess, told the court that at its heart, the case was straightforward, asking who had the right of control over the contents of a private letter.
“Is it the writer of the letter or the editor of the Mail on Sunday?” he asked.
“There can only be one answer to that question and the answer would be the same irrespective of whether or not the writer of the letter is a duchess or any other citizen, and the answer is it is not the editor of the Mail on Sunday.”
Mr Rushbrook said the five-page, 1,250-word letter was not “a vicious or unwarranted attack” on Mr Markle but was rather “a message of peace”.
In court documents, the Duchess said the letter, sent in August 2018 by her accountant via FedEx, was a desperate plea, begging her father to stop talking to the press.
“It is as good an example as one could find of a letter that any person of ordinary sensibilities would not want to be disclosed to third parties, let alone in a mass media publication, in a sensational context and to serve the commercial purposes of the newspaper,” she says.
“The act of writing a personal letter to a close family member, lover or friend inevitably puts the writer in an unguarded and potentially vulnerable position because the words chosen and the way in which the writer chooses to express him or herself are for the recipient and no one else.”
The Duchess argues that the Mail on Sunday knew the letter was private, describing its shift from that position as “cynical and unattractive.”
If the Duchess’s application fails, a full trial will go ahead in the autumn, with the Duchess likely to face her own father, Mr Markle, 76, across the courtroom in a Markle vs Markle clash.
Royal aides will almost certainly be called to testify, including several who worked for the Sussexes.
Associated argued in its defence that at least four current or former members of the Royal Household were likely to have information relevant to the case.
I'd be surprised if it ever gets to court. If there's one thing the Royal Family dreads it's prying into their private affairs. Who knows what might emerge? And they are ruthless. Look at the speed Andy was thrown under the bus, and he's the Queen's grandson ffs.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd be surprised if it ever gets to court. If there's one thing the Royal Family dreads it's prying into their private affairs. Who knows what might emerge? And they are ruthless. Look at the speed Andy was thrown under the bus, and he's the Queen's grandson ffs.
Queen's son.
Had Charles croaked, he would have been the next King. The one good thing Diana did was prevent that.

woger wabbit

War Hero
Would the Royal Family give up so easily and gift the Sussex's soft victory? I think not they are a much tougher bunch when under fire.

Chef

LE
I tend to agree with @woger wabbit, the royal family has been through rougher times than this; the royals weren't all that popular when Victoria was crowned but she managed to restore the family fortunes.

They survived Edward VIII's abdication and the national 'outrage', manufactured or not when Diana died was overcome. I don't think a stroppy, C-lister, American celebrity is going to pose too much of a threat to the Windsors.

Also if your going down the ruthless route, they may have thrown Prince Andrew under a metaphorical bus but many believe Diana was thrown under a real Fiat.

Latest Threads