Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Using this prop:

tck-s-class3.jpg

Seen worse fixed on youtube ?

I was thinking Phil would be more of a Chief of Staff or consiglieri, and would be handing out the assignments rather than getting involved in the wet work.

Sort of like...

9EE859B1-56A8-4E0B-8309-38081A6BFB6F.jpeg

And yes, I do know Don Corleone was not the consigliere.

What strikes me on this thread which is unique from other threads is that not one person is siding with or defending the behaviour of these two.

Read the whole thread. As events continued to unfold, opinions hardened.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
What strikes me on this thread which is unique from other threads is that not one person is siding with or defending the behaviour of these two.
Most people started out sympathetic. As the Duchess of Dustbins got more ridiculous, sympathy drained away. The best she can hope for now is apathy, which is better than the disdain I feel for her.

Tyk

LE

They started digging with trowels, have moved up through the whole range of entrenching gear, various commercial and industrial earth moving kit and seem quite content to carry on with a couple of these:-

1610936706480.png

They've created their own reputations and only have themselves to blame. Harry was well enough regarded pre marriage, but he's blown it permanently in the eyes of a lot of Brits.

Tool

LE
They've created their own reputations and only have themselves to blame. Harry was well enough regarded pre marriage, but he's blown it permanently in the eyes of a lot of Brits.
I'm not so sure. He's a deranged ginge twat, but he's our deranged ginge twat. He's still a Royal by blood, and would be welcomed back mit kind*, but sans Megain. It would be an uphill struggle, but doable. With the appendage and her baggage? Not possible.

* see what I did there?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I think patience is stretched thin - if it hasn't snapped.

He's gone from gulled to pathetic in many people's eyes.

The repeated publicity stunts, having said that the aim was to withdraw from the public eye, are what have changed my mind.

Appending a list of Meghan's wardrobe choices to the pictures of a 'private' visit to a military cemetery on Remembrance Day is/was reprehensible. And but one example.

If that's 'celebrity philanthropy' then give me none of it.

Yes, the withdrawal from the the firm and the public eye, but still wanted to wear uniform and take Dad's money and trying to upstage the remaining royals. Charity work with prearranged photo shoots then leaving after an hour. Too many incidents for this publicity shy publicity seeking couple.

They started digging with trowels, have moved up through the whole range of entrenching gear, various commercial and industrial earth moving kit and seem quite content to carry on with a couple of these:-

View attachment 540404

There's a couple of those things soon to be going spare just down the road from me, maybe they could put in a bid for them and really get digging.

FFS here we go again!

Admirable to send food parcels to military volunteers but then they screw it all up by linking it to Martin Luther King "to honor [sic] all that he stood for". MLK was a civil rights campaigner and famously anti-war. Why the link? Why not just send the parcels and say "thanks"? If you want to link it to a special day, do it on Veterans Day ffs. :pukel::pukel::pukel:

I saw somewhere that Daddy may be doing a film "megan and me".
Can't find the link for the mo.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
FFS here we go again!

Admirable to send food parcels to military volunteers but then they screw it all up by linking it to Martin Luther King "to honor [sic] all that he stood for". MLK was a civil rights campaigner and famously anti-war. Why the link? Why not just send the parcels and say "thanks"? If you want to link it to a special day, do it on Veterans Day ffs. :pukel::pukel::pukel:
Loving that second paragraph, though:

Prince Harry 36, and Meghan Markle, 39, are currently living in their $14 million Santa Barbara mansion with their eighteen-month-old son Archie, having stepped back from royal duty last March.

...one could almost get to thinking that there's a tinge of sarcasm involved.