Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's nonsense!

If we didn't have a monarch then we would need to have a different head of state; let's say a president. Do you think you could maintain a president in office, with all the hangers-on, staff, trappings of office and elections for less than the royal family costs? I doubt it.

Anyway, I would rather have a chinless nobody, favoured only by privilege of birth, that another washed-up politician pontificating from an ivory tower somewhere in the bubble.

I am not a royalist, but the alternative is worse.
Is there a need for one? Why can't both roles be done by a single person?

There's an old rule for investors. Never invest in a company where the Chairman and Chief Executive is the same person. It leads to a cult of personality within the company and wipes out a whole series of checks and balances.

There's an old rule for investors. Never invest in a company where the Chairman and Chief Executive is the same person. It leads to a cult of personality within the company and wipes out a whole series of checks and balances.
But if you have a single person doing both (in a gov't) you can still have checks and balances thought congress, senate, courts etc.

I've often wondered that, why republics like France have a president and a prime minister?

I've often wondered that, why republics like France have a president and a prime minister?
and Ireland for gods sake, it frightens me to think of the shit we'd be in if we had president Blair instead of HRH, but I do think that the royal family needs to be thinned out,
I think they will be in genuine trouble once the Queen departs this world.

and Ireland for gods sake, it frightens me to think of the shit we'd be in if we had president Blair instead of HRH, but I do think that the royal family needs to be thinned out,
But do presidents of a country like Ireland actually do anything or is it just for show?

Royals fuck

LONDON, UK – Following much speculation about the bedroom activities of royal family members Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the couple’s Kensington Palace office recently confirmed that they fucked.
Ever since their wedding in May of this year, the British media have repeatedly attempted to confirm if the fairytale couple are indeed fucking. Royal followers have been extremely active on Twitter with suspicions about Harry and Meghan’s sex life based on Meghan Markle’s recent clothing choices. When she was seen at Princess Eugenie’s wedding wearing one of Prince Harry’s old baggy t-shirts and emanating a fresh-fucked glow, many insisted that this was proof positive of hot action, but it was a few more days before the news became official.
“We are delighted to confirm that at some point during the summer of 2018 Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex got nasty,” read an official proclamation that was released shortly after the royal couple landed in Australia for their first overseas tour.
“This is extremely exciting news,” shared royal biographer Catherine Hancock. “What’s most delightful to learn is that, as many of us in the royal watching community have long suspected, Prince Harry is indeed raw-dogging it.”
While not customary among all people in the United Kingdom, there have been many reported cases of British royalty fucking. Prince Harry’s own parents, Prince Charles and Princess Diana, are known to have fucked at least twice.
Upon learning the news Prince Harry’s grandparents, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, congratulated the couple and shared that, now they no longer have any corgis to take care of, they also have had more time to fuck.

The Royal Family consists of those who are on the Priovy Purse and those who aren't.
The ones who are in the line of succession and the ones who aren't.
There was a lady on Jeremy Vine the other day (we had R2 on in work) who explsined it.

Zara Tindall isn't Princess Zara but should be - Princess Anne wanted her to be brought up in a more "ordinary manner" and was granted special permission by Betty.

Beatrice and Eugenie are princesses but regarded as outer fringes of the Royal Family under the rules of primogeniture (Beatie and Eugie being of the second born). Beatrice is 8th in line to the throne.

I found this helpful in understanding the succession:

British Throne succession

Time to change to direct descendants of the Monarch in the prime line of succession being the only ones who are princes and princesses with appropriate duties? Sorry Andy, Eddie, just like your sister, your children are plain Miss and Mister.

Time to change to direct descendants of the Monarch in the prime line of succession being the only ones who are princes and princesses with appropriate duties? Sorry Andy, Eddie, just like your sister, your children are plain Miss and Mister.
Can the royal family be chosen by votes of DM readers? Should be an interesting experience.

They can call the show The Royal Factor.

It’s already started mate. The news is full of sycophantic ‘Royal correspondents’, creaming themselves and delighting in the fact they will be fully deployed to spray their bullshit in the months ahead.
FFS, several months of Nicholas 'Awful Man' Witchell & Jennie 'Cruise International' Bond.

Book me into Dignitas now

Yes, like any U.S. president, if that's what you mean.
Because it's a much less desirable arrangement, whether it's a presidential system or (not entirely for the same reasons) a parliamentary one. If you think presidents of parliamentary republics, constitutional monarchs or governors(-general) thereof are all superfluous, you're wrong, & even the most passive of these positions is less superfluous than that of vice-president in a presidential system.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
s_n_l_r Medals 25
Ninja_Turtle Medals 24
E Military Clothing & Boots 50