Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

syrup

LE
Non-white - Check
Gay - Check
Massive thundercunt - Check
On board with Black Power - Check

Yep, Hamilton is ripe for a knighthood. What odds the NY Honours list?

Wasn't he banging one of the pussy cat dolls?
Anyway he's only half black he needs to realise without his white privileged other half he'd never have been a racing driver.
Can't wait till his white half accepts a knighthood and his black half accuses himself of being racist and accepting an award linked to slavery.

OK - Anyone who doesn't think he's a bum bandit 'allegedly' may have also thought Phillip Schofield wasn't bent.

It was even more obvious with Schofield, all that time in a broom cupboard fisting Gordon the Gopher

I disagree, people were doing good works for years before Diana. What she did was make sure that the press were nearby whenever she did something like hugging an AIDS sufferer or junkie. Remember when she 'saved' a drowning tramp late one night and it was in the next print run in time for the earlies?

Meghan has tried to do the same thing but is to subtlety what the Beckhams are to good taste. She has no sense of shame or timing. She managed to squander an entire nation's affection in a vain attempt to upstage the Windsors. Then cry it was everyone else's fault because she's a POC.
I’d disagree with your disagree but only on a technicality. People were indeed doing good things centuries before Diana. That’s good things, not woke. Woke is fiddling about on the outer edges of society’s ills and making a song and dance about it, usually to further your own status in the eyes of the easily fooled. Diana pretty much invented that.

Woke usually involves “raising awareness“ (shouting about it) and aiming to raise people's awareness of you whereas doing good things means actually doing something, often at personal cost (quite often in time rather than hard cash) and potentially putting yourself at risk.

It‘s the difference between standing in a cleared minefield in several grands worth of designer gear, a brand new flak jacket and a face screen looking wistful for a bunch of photographers and being the one on your hands and knees clearing the minefield wearing ragged shorts and flip flops with a telephone directory shoved down the front of your T shirt.

Last edited:

pc flaps

War Hero
I’d disagree with your disagree but only on a technicality. People were indeed doing good things centuries before Diana. That’s good things, not woke. Woke is fiddling about on the outer edges of society’s ills and making a song and dance about it, usually to further your own status in the eyes of the easily fooled. Diana pretty much invented that.

Woke usually involves “raising awareness“ (shouting about it) and aiming to raise people's awareness of you whereas doing good things means actually doing something, often at personal cost (quite often in time rather than hard cash) and potentially putting yourself at risk.

It‘s the difference between standing in a cleared minefield in several grands worth of designer gear, a brand new flak jacket and a face screen looking wistful for a bunch of photographers and being the one on your hands and knees clearing the minefield wearing ragged shorts and flip flops with a telephone directory shoved down the front of your T shirt.
Di played the media like a Stradivarius, and they loved it. And why wouldn't they? Her nickname on Fleet Street was "the Princess of Sales". Nothing boosted circulation like Di on the cover.

To add, Megain isn’t raising awareness about miscarriages, she’s raising awareness that she’s had a miscarriage.

Having been in that position, like millions of others (it’s already been mentioned but we were stunned by the % of pregnancies that don’t run full term), I have nothing but sympathy for them on the basic level that they’ve lost a child.

As “celebrities” there is a place for them to raise awareness for the good. Quietly in a private visit to a charity or hospital with a discreet and measured press release after the fact. I’d love someone to genuinely raise awareness of the awful loneliness, guilt, confusion, you name it that you feel because it really needs doing. Everything about the way they went about it stinks and the more so because it actually runs very close to trading on the misery of millions.

Defenders of their behaviour might point to agendas and preconceived perceptions of the couple but that too neatly avoids the awkward question as to why their detractors have agendas and less than flattering preconceived perceptions? That doesn’t just happen overnight. These two have got form. Yards of it.

Di played the media like a Stradivarius, and they loved it. And why wouldn't they? Her nickname on Fleet Street was "the Princess of Sales". Nothing boosted circulation like Di on the cover.
I've worked with a number of ex and serving Guardsmen, none of them had a very high opinion of Saint Diana.

I've worked with a number of ex and serving Guardsmen, none of them had a very high opinion of Saint Diana.
Heard similar opinions off lads who’d served on the royal yacht.

RedDinger

Old-Salt
Might want to put an "allegedly" in part of that post mate....
Anyone who complains/sues about being called gay must be a massive homophobe.

Those of us who are woke realise that its actually a huge compliment.

woger wabbit

War Hero
If this is false - which I am inclined to believe - we will never know the truth unless she confesses.

My medical knowledge is limited but I think that a miscarriage can vary in strength (sorry about the clumsy way of putting it) and so it might be the first time that Harry has heard of it. I doubt that we will ever know the truth.

Would there not be a trail of some sort, rushed to hospital?; if so the media would have been all over it bearing in mind that they are under 24/24 scrutiny?

Chef

LE
Reading Burns? is that like reading warts to predict a persons future? just asking for a friend.
I think for some people it's the friction burns they get on their finger tip when speed reading.

Reading Burns? is that like reading warts to predict a persons future? just asking for a friend.
Well if you are reading someone burns even a non medically qualified person such as I could have a guess at some event in their past!

Would there not be a trail of some sort, rushed to hospital?; if so the media would have been all over it bearing in mind that they are under 24/24 scrutiny?

Not necessarily. It would depend upon how far the pregnancy had gone. One of my ex's had one at home and rested. Work the next day. But not far into the pregnancy.

To add, Megain isn’t raising awareness about miscarriages, she’s raising awareness that she’s had a miscarriage.

Having been in that position, like millions of others (it’s already been mentioned but we were stunned by the % of pregnancies that don’t run full term), I have nothing but sympathy for them on the basic level that they’ve lost a child.

As “celebrities” there is a place for them to raise awareness for the good. Quietly in a private visit to a charity or hospital with a discreet and measured press release after the fact. I’d love someone to genuinely raise awareness of the awful loneliness, guilt, confusion, you name it that you feel because it really needs doing. Everything about the way they went about it stinks and the more so because it actually runs very close to trading on the misery of millions.

Defenders of their behaviour might point to agendas and preconceived perceptions of the couple but that too neatly avoids the awkward question as to why their detractors have agendas and less than flattering preconceived perceptions? That doesn’t just happen overnight. These two have got form. Yards of it.
Well said Sir.
We went through 2 in the 80's...the biggest being around the size of a shrimp at most.
SWMBO was back in class days later. Bloody trooper .
We had better "luck" in 1989.
Fate determined success.

Chef

LE
Well said Sir.
We went through 2 in the 80's...the biggest being around the size of a shrimp at most.
SWMBO was back in class days later. Bloody trooper .
We had better "luck" in 1989.
Fate determined success.
Coo! With that much black nasty you must have been senior man in the boat house.

jbgaviation

Clanker
Megan now only talks through NetFlix & her other Media friendly magazines.
And only for $$k, yes we know she had a miscarriage but so public about a private subject.
Hope she is not trying to be the next Princess Di as we all know how Philip & his Fiat Uno fixed it.

Latest Threads