Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First of all, sorry you had to do that.

The second half of your post, though... precisely. This isn’t just MM. There’s a dozen-strong PR team involved. None of this is visceral, spontaneous. It’s constructed.

And volunteer? Get her hands dirty for hours on end without a photo opportunity? Yeah.

A gay friend of mine recently told me just how much under-the-radar charity work George Michael used to do. No fuss. Just did it. I was taken aback.

That’s the difference.
Cheers chap. Thankfully I'm (so far) quite robust about such things when needs must. There but for the grace of god and all that.

TBF to her (and I'm not a big fan of her), if she didn't miscarry and it's just a load of bollocks and she gets found out, she'll be crucified by the media and every right thinking person, it's just not the kind of thing you blag.

Just to add, if she is making a wilfully misleading statement, it's something she will have to keep perpetuating with repetitve accuracy for the rest of her life. I wonder if that fact has entered both their brains. One slip-up, one narrative deviation.........

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Just to add, if she is making a wilfully misleading statement, it's something she will have to keep perpetuating with repetitve accuracy for the rest of her life. I wonder if that fact has entered both their brains. One slip-up, one narrative deviation.........
Like Hilary's getting shot at by snipers, or Janet Jackson's getting her cheb out during the Super Bowl interlude, there'll be a re-writing of history that makes it all better.

"When I said that, I was imagining myself into the situation of a woman who was going through the most terrible of episodes. My work with charities gives me insights into such things, and I was empathising in the fullest way."

or

"I felt that by representing this as something personal, it would be more impactful*. It wasn't wrong; it forced the issue of miscarriage and the trauma which follows into the global consciousness."

or

"I was at the time under an immense amount of personal strain. My husband and I, whose marriage remains strong in the face of everything, were under pressure from the racist elements of his family. He was to give up all that he has strived for, and I as his loyal life partner was working very hard to support him. The strain proved too much, and I did something which was regrettable and said something which was not wholly true. But, at the same time, it brought the issue into the public arena. I hope my words now also reinforce the need to deal with mental illness and I hope for your support and understanding at this difficult time."

And so on.

...where do I send my CV?

*WTF is this word, even?

Brains?

I don’t personally believe the miscarriage is false News, but the way such a Private, personal matter is being used 4 or 5 months after the event is the bit that sticks in my craw.
There is talk of at least 12 PR staff on their books, but I reckon that’s just the tip of the iceberg, when you start to take into account Security, Childcare, Catering etc.
I have this vision of a room full of sycophants, pen and paper poised (North Korean style), hanging on every word and addressing them both as “Your Highness”. What a shame no one on the payroll is able to tell them when to shut up and desist from pissing off the majority of us.

It's time for the Greek to step up and dust off his LP collection. Pull out Dire Straits.

Tunnel of Love.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I don’t personally believe the miscarriage is false News, but the way such a Private, personal matter is being used 4 or 5 months after the event is the bit that sticks in my craw.
There is talk of at least 12 PR staff on their books, but I reckon that’s just the tip of the iceberg, when you start to take into account Security, Childcare, Catering etc.
I have this vision of a room full of sycophants, pen and paper poised (North Korean style), hanging on every word and addressing them both as “Your Highness”. What a shame no one on the payroll is able to tell them when to shut up and desist from pissing off the majority of us.
Pretty much where I'm at, too.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
May I suggest this what with BLM being flavour of the year:-