Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
If she did indeed suffer a miscarriage, then my heart goes out to both her and Harry. If, on the other hand, this is some bizarre publicity stunt or to get back at Kate ('you lost your bloody dog, well I lost my baby'), then she should hang her head in shame.
Timing is everything. 'Foetus' lost in July publicity in November...

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
And shabbier still because in her mind she has made it into a competition. Not that the Cambridges will bite, but in her head she has to come out on top, but being nice hasn't worked as she can't seem to get the hang of it, but by putting down or one over on the perceived rivals. Works in Hollywood maybe, Planet Earth is something else.
Mate, she was never nice. She tries to do nice for the image but that's all it is. The facade slips every once in a while. It'll probably do so more and more as she gets more desperate.

I'll go further, because it fits a pattern. Once again, the 'coincidental' nature of the announcement coincides with Kate Middleton being in the news. Assuming the miscarriage was real - let's grant her that much - she has still cynically used it to try to get one up on her rival.

That's shabby enough, frankly.
The fact that the individual concerned regards the Duchess of Cambridge as a rival, supposedly, speaks volumes. Catherine is going to be the Queen one day, MM was never going to be in the frame unless something absolutely catastrophic happened to the Royal Family - she obviously never bothered to listen to, or failed to understand the briefings she must have received regarding the Royal pecking order etc.

syrup

LE
I doubt that she has heard of 'shame' never mind experienced it.

Remember to celebs there is no such thing as bad publicity.
She's all over the worlds news

She's getting the attention she has always craved just never got it through her own ability.
The bird from Suits has lost a baby - who don't know who your talking about
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex lose a baby, breaking news and ticker tapes across screens world wide.

And yes she probably saw the coverage they got over their dog.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Funny really, had she herself passed away from natural causes before she met Harry, I doubt there would have been more than a few lines in the NYT and nothing else worldwide - now an early miscarriage that may or may not have happened is plastered everywhere.

Wonder if she'll ever have a moment where she understands what most bemused normal folk think of her.
TBF to her (and I'm not a big fan of her), if she didn't miscarry and it's just a load of bollocks and she gets found out, she'll be crucified by the media and every right thinking person, it's just not the kind of thing you blag.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The fact that the individual concerned regards the Duchess of Cambridge as a rival, supposedly, speaks volumes. Catherine is going to be the Queen one day, MM was never going to be in the frame unless something absolutely catastrophic happened to the Royal Family - she obviously never bothered to listen to, or failed to understand the briefings she must have received regarding the Royal pecking order etc.
Now I am thinking about Queenie in Blackadder. Kate could arrange some serious and highly amusing smiting!

syrup

LE

And there was the problem from day one
She was never going to want to curtsy to her sister in law.
The issue the Royals have always had is what to do with the spare.

Sooner or later the band realise that only the lead singer and the guitarist are getting the groupies and the adulation.
Then the fights start

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
And there was the problem from day one
She was never going to want to curtsy to her sister in law.
The issue the Royals have always had is what to do with the spare.

Sooner or later the band realise that only the lead singer and the guitarist are getting the groupies and the adulation.
Then the fights start
Great analogy.

Meghan, you're just the bass player. Get over it.

TBF to her (and I'm not a big fan of her), if she didn't miscarry and it's just a load of bollocks and she gets found out, she'll be crucified by the media and every right thinking person, it's just not the kind of thing you blag.
Yeah, I might be wrong in that instance, but I'd be less surprised if I'm right.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Before we all get too mawkish and pious about the tragedy of miscarriage, let's not forget the essential truth about miscarriages that one foetus's misfortune is generally another foetus's opportunity.

I'm sad for my mum that she had two miscarriages but, personally speaking, unless she was planning to have five kids, they were in the way.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
You learn something new everyday, I wasn’t aware Maradona died in a french tunnel
He didn't. When HMS Queen Elizabeth departed on her last major exercise, she had on board Prince Philip's private fleet of stealth helicopters, as well as Lizard Troop of Hereford's finest.

She sailed close enough to Argentina for Philip's helicopters to drop the Hooligans near Tigre (look it up), armed with a home perm kit, syringes full of cocaine and adrenaline, rubber clothes and some kitchen towel.

They bumped him off, and the ex-filed close enough to the Chilean border for General Pinochet's (he's still alive, really) fleet of stealth helicopters (supplied by the UK as a thank-you for his help in the 1982 unpleasantness) to pick them up.

Lizard Troop are currently píssing it up at Mount Pleasant, awaiting a flight home.

The entire operation was conducted in compliance with current Covid shielding guidelines.

My mate told me.

If this is false - which I am inclined to believe - we will never know the truth unless she confesses.

My medical knowledge is limited but I think that a miscarriage can vary in strength (sorry about the clumsy way of putting it) and so it might be the first time that Harry has heard of it. I doubt that we will ever know the truth.

That won't be the real problem, it'll be growing up as a ginger mixed race person.

My bold Hmm.. if he's inherited his mother genes/mentality it will be what will get me the most publicity .... BLM OR "GWARS ARE US"!

I’m pretty certain I’ve read somewhere about how William and Harry comforted her regarding this at the time. One would think, if it was all contrived bollocks, that the palace would be aware of such.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m pretty certain I’ve read somewhere about how William and Harry comforted her regarding this at the time. One would think, if it was all contrived bollocks, that the palace would be aware of such.

Sounds like something from xhamster. If people are cynical, it's because they've made them so.

I've suffered enough tragedy to last three live times, but it's not ever made me want to 'not talk about it' in fact I'm quite open if the subject arises.

I nearly lost my wife through an ectopic pregnancy many years ago. There's firstly the almost death of my wife, then the realisation of losing the fetus. She collapsed at work, huge internal bleeding, blue-lighted to Hospital (German civilian) and for an urgent operation and blood transfusion. The doctors were surprised she survived given the amount of blood loss.

Outcome, no pregnancy, and after several years of tests, was given the news she was unable to conceive naturally (through the second Fallopian tube being buggered).

Three IVF attempts to produce my first son, with two miscarriages early on for the previous two attempts. Forth cycle produced my second son 2 years later and to the amazement of the IVF clinic, and to us, two years after that she fell pregnant naturally, where my daughter was born. (I jokingly asked the IVF clinic for a refund on the previous attempts . . )

I don't broadcast that my wife nearly died and we've had three miscarriages/loses to get where we are, but if you ask, I'll tell you. My wife went on to become a midwife years later. Was it on the back of the experiences? Who knows, but she would tell anyone what happened if the situation and context was right.

Guys (and girls) shouldn't be afraid to talk about these things. They seriously affected me and will always be a bond between us. Talking about it is very cathartic, and oddly enough you'll find at least a good chunk of your mates and acquaintances have been through it too.

Lastly, I would like to think that MM's was genuine, and if it's not, I hope she gets every single bit of ridicule and abuse that she deserves.

Last edited:

Latest Threads