Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stepping back from what seems to have been a degree of oneupmanship of the Sussexes over the Cambridges, isn't it an indictment on our society that, as a population, we find it easier to grieve over a dog that has died than the loss of a wanted (pre) human life. Miscarriages are dreadfully sad experiences, and in most cases the mother is left to grieve alone and in silence as it is 'something that we don't discuss'. Possibly Meghan might be highlighting a painful and lingering loss that many mothers feel, but cannot or do not discuss.
Or possibly a publicity seeking loon.

Humans are horrible things - it's very easy to become a misanthrope when you have a good look at how we behave - no animal treats it's own or others as we do.

I hope as a species we die out sooner rather than later.

Humans are horrible things - it's very easy to become a misanthrope when you have a good look at how we behave - no animal treats it's own or others as we do.

I hope as a species we die out sooner rather than later.
No animals go around with a PR team and sell their stories to the newsrags either.

It would appear that Ms Markel had a miscarriage in July. Just been on the beeb. No link.
But it is apparently in the NY Times.

So much for keeping out of the public eye.

Edit for linky.

Hmm.. its all over MSN news Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, reveals she had a miscarriage in July (msn.com)
snip "In an opinion piece titled The Losses We Share for the New York Times, the Duchess, 39, revealed that she had lost her unborn, second child in July.
She described the experience as “an almost unbearable grief experienced by many but talked about by few”.
She noted that despite the “staggering commonality of this pain”, the subject remains taboo, “riddled with (unwarranted) shame, and perpetuating a cycle of solitary mourning.”
And she suggested that she decided to speak out in order to encourage others to do the same, to encourage others to listen and in doing so, lighten the load for others who are grieving."

My bold and of course nothing whatsoever to get her name/face in the media of course!
It goes on to add this ...
"The Duchess is described in her byline as "a mother, feminist and advocate," indicating how she defines her new role away from the Royal Family."

Doesn't that remind us all of another person who had married a serviceman and knew everything and was desperate for publicity?
Ah yes her on this site she was Home - MODERN MILITARY MOTHER (amodernmilitarymother.com)
After being shot down in flames on numerous occasions she eventually left our misogynistic site

Dwarf

LE
Stepping back from what seems to have been a degree of oneupmanship of the Sussexes over the Cambridges, isn't it an indictment on our society that, as a population, we find it easier to grieve over a dog that has died than the loss of a wanted (pre) human life. Miscarriages are dreadfully sad experiences, and in most cases the mother is left to grieve alone and in silence as it is 'something that we don't discuss'. Possibly Meghan might be highlighting a painful and lingering loss that many mothers feel, but cannot or do not discuss.
Given that the (pre) human life hasn't actually come to term and been part of a family whereas a dog will have been part of the families' life and forming part of it with its own characteristics and love, then I find it comforting that we can.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh my god... the prose just gets better - this from the BBC story:

She went on to describe how she watched "my husband's heart break as he tried to hold the shattered pieces of mine".

Who even thinks like that.... seriously?

Someone who's decided to take a swim in Lake Me.

Hmm.. its all over MSN news Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, reveals she had a miscarriage in July (msn.com)
snip "In an opinion piece titled The Losses We Share for the New York Times, the Duchess, 39, revealed that she had lost her unborn, second child in July.
She described the experience as “an almost unbearable grief experienced by many but talked about by few”.
She noted that despite the “staggering commonality of this pain”, the subject remains taboo, “riddled with (unwarranted) shame, and perpetuating a cycle of solitary mourning.”
And she suggested that she decided to speak out in order to encourage others to do the same, to encourage others to listen and in doing so, lighten the load for others who are grieving."

My bold and of course nothing whatsoever to get her name/face in the media of course!
It goes on to add this ...
"The Duchess is described in her byline as "a mother, feminist and advocate," indicating how she defines her new role away from the Royal Family."

Doesn't that remind us all of another person who had married a serviceman and knew everything and was desperate for publicity?
Ah yes her on this site she was Home - MODERN MILITARY MOTHER (amodernmilitarymother.com)
After being shot down in flames on numerous occasions she eventually left our misogynistic site
What was her role within the Royal Family - this implies there was one?

It's always been very British to have more empathy for animals than people

Hence why animal rescue and animal welfare charities rake it in, and why every single woman over 40 gets an adopt a cat care package delivered to their door

Hence ‘RSPCA’ but only ‘NSPCC’

Mind you, I rate my land shark higher than most cnuts...

9628a67217387ce6d1af8cb7059df72e.jpg

Given that the (pre) human life hasn't actually come to term and been part of a family whereas a dog will have been part of the families' life and forming part of it with its own characteristics and love, then I find it comforting that we can.
Don't get me wrong, I have always been devastated when a pet has died, but I still think that women are still expected to suffer loss by miscarriage in silence and alone. Although Meghan might have ulterior motives for raising this issue, there will be a lot of women silently shedding tears who can't talk about their loss.

Sorry for being slightly sensible on this slagging-off thread.

Don't get me wrong, I have always been devastated when a pet has died, but I still think that women are still expected to suffer loss by miscarriage in silence and alone. Although Meghan might have ulterior motives for raising this issue, there will be a lot of women silently shedding tears who can't talk about their loss.

Who else, apart from close family & your doctor, would you want to speak with? Maybe a help group of those that have shared similar experiences - perhaps a vicar or a priest if faith is your thing - not alone.

Or maybe everyone in America via the NYT.

I call BS anyway.

DSJ

LE
It's always been very British to have more empathy for animals than people

Hence why animal rescue and animal welfare charities rake it in, and why every single woman over 40 gets an adopt a cat care package delivered to their door

The NSPCC was formed 50 years after the RSPCA and as an offshoot of it. Go figure.

Back on thread, it’s also rather sad that Harry and Meghan have burned their bridges so thoroughly and contradicted themselves so frequently about their desire to be ‘private’ (12 PR people?) that people are suspicious of their timing when announcing an incredibly traumatic event.

Not a dig at anyone in anyway, just an observation about the degree of cynicism they have managed to create about their publicity/media announcements.

kimmi851

War Hero

Most of us are writing because not many of us believe that she actually did suffer this. She does have rather a lot of prior for either outright lies or serious mendaciousness,

The language here is more flowery than anyone who is actually telling the truth tends to come out with. it is very much the difference between "sorry I'm late dear" and "sorry I'm late dear, I tried for the 5.43 but just missed it, then I was racing for the next one only there was an accident on the escalator, then just as I was crossing the road I saw my boss and he insisted on talking for 3 hours about work". The first may be true, the second is blatantly "I was up to my armpits in builder named Keith". In this particular case a brief "it happened, we grieved" press release would be a lot more believable than what was written.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

I don't think it's not talked about, it's just not generally the subject of an 'I' piece in a major newspaper and used to push an agenda and claim solidarity with every right on social cause in sight.

Arguably, had she stuck entirely to the subject and avoided both excessive use of the first person singular and some of the more syrupy prose, she might have penned something useful and of social value.

Dwarf

LE
This was actually my first reaction.
1606315837263.png

Most of us are writing because not many of us believe that she actually did suffer this. She does have rather a lot of prior for either outright lies or serious mendaciousness,

The language here is more flowery than anyone who is actually telling the truth tends to come out with. it is very much the difference between "sorry I'm late dear" and "sorry I'm late dear, I tried for the 5.43 but just missed it, then I was racing for the next one only there was an accident on the escalator, then just as I was crossing the road I saw my boss and he insisted on talking for 3 hours about work". The first may be true, the second is blatantly "I was up to my armpits in builder named Keith". In this particular case a brief "it happened, we grieved" press release would be a lot more believable than what was written.

This Keith fella, anything you want to share with the group?

Latest Threads