Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not certain there'll be a King George after the present monarch, he has to live longer than his mother for a start, and there's no guarantee of that.

Given that he's aware of the relative popularity of his wife and himself compared to Kate and William, Charles might even swerve the throne and pass it directly on to his son.

It's a complex problem with little hope of pleasing everyone.
7CF06803-7997-4DB8-9870-DB902FB3E12F[1911].JPG
PE do a very funny series on it all in the style of Barbra Cartland.

Dwarf

LE
It's not certain there'll be a King George after the present monarch, he has to live longer than his mother for a start, and there's no guarantee of that.

Given that he's aware of the relative popularity of his wife and himself compared to Kate and William, Charles might even swerve the throne and pass it directly on to his son.

It's a complex problem with little hope of pleasing everyone.
Not so sure about that. Mum may well retire after Phil kicks it so that might not be that far away. Then again she might keep going like her own mum till she drops in harness.
However Charles is clear about the tradition and that kingship should pass down the line and not skip so I think he will be King for a time at least. He will also give William as much time as he can with his young family before he has to take up the full responsibilities.
His wife and soulmate might not be that popular because of the blessed sainted Diana, long may she inhabit underpasses, but she hasn't really done anything particularly bad, except for replacing Diana.
Personally I thought Diana a manipulating bitch and Charles is better off with Camilla, but I know that is heresy to many. I also happen to think that Charles will not be a bad king, also apparently not popular with the Diana lovers.

As you say " It's a complex problem with little hope of pleasing everyone."

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not so sure about that. Mum may well retire after Phil kicks it so that might not be that far away. Then again she might keep going like her own mum till she drops in harness.
However Charles is clear about the tradition and that kingship should pass down the line and not skip so I think he will be King for a time at least. He will also give William as much time as he can with his young family before he has to take up the full responsibilities.
His wife and soulmate might not be that popular because of the blessed sainted Diana, long may she inhabit underpasses, but she hasn't really done anything particularly bad, except for replacing Diana.
Personally I thought Diana a manipulating bitch and Charles is better off with Camilla, but I know that is heresy to many. I also happen to think that Charles will not be a bad king, also apparently not popular with the Diana lovers.

A very good summation I think, and HM may well as you say crack on like her mother.

I'm also a heretic.

Agree re Chuck. I reckon he's not given enough credit, mainly by the Diana followers. Tends to keep his head down and gets involved in the family business as he should without fuss.

4(T)

LE
I'm sure HM will serve to the end, and that Charles will do the same; they take the vows and ancient traditions of the role without question.

Skipping over Charles as reigning monarch sort of sets the precedent for being able to pick and choose who the next monarch should be, which opens a constitutional can of worms. Having Charles serve as king for a while and then voluntarily abdicating at a time of his choosing doesn't raise the same issue.

The problem with tinkering with the monarchy is that it affects not just Britain, but also more than a dozen other countries as well who share the same monarch. At least some of these other countries have written constitutions in which the monarch is explicitly referenced. Amending a written constitution can be politically unwelcome task, particularly in countries with a federal structure.

David Cameron's piss-poor handling of the changes brought in before the birth of William and Kate's first child (girl versus boy succession) sparked a minor constitutional crisis in Canada that had nothing to do with the merits of the changes themselves, but rather reflected the complexities of Canada's federal structure and politics.

Once Her Majesty is no longer the reigning monarch, I suspect that Charles will do an adequate job as king. He will be more constrained by palace officials in what he can or cannot do, and will have more of his time taken up by official duties and less time to pursue his own interests. I suspect that a good deal of his time during the first few years on the throne will be taken up on royal visits around Britain and the Commonwealth countries that have him as king.

William and Kate seem to be doing fine, and they have a crop of healthy children to follow on in their turn.

Given the age structure of the Royal Family, it may be advisable to bring in princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to fill in as the older family members get past travelling much and while William and Kate's children are too young to take on duties of their own. The two princesses would probably do just fine representing the monarchy on trips abroad.

As for Harry and Meghan, I wish them a happy marriage but I'm not convinced that their "brand" has staying power from a financial perspective if they are involved in popular media. The original ideas of fashion clothing marketing and high end eco-tourism promotion were probably more realistic in terms of giving them something profitable to do while maintaining a suitable distance from the popular media.

Will they never stop?

Apparently we live in a country made by whites for whites. Great, thanks for the lecture - possibly why we introduced so much race equality legislation but don't let facts burst your bubble. Maybe a one way ticket to DRC, see how the other half lives in a country made by blacks for blacks. Cunts.

Will they never stop?

Apparently we live in a country made by whites for whites. Great, thanks for the lecture - possibly why we introduced so much race equality legislation but don't let facts burst your bubble. Maybe a one way ticket to DRC, see how the other half lives in a country made by blacks for blacks. cnuts.

Shades of the great Emperor Mong hard at work:

Harry "I've left my own country in a huff,demanded more privacy while moving to Hollywood and setting up a multi-multi million dollar contract with Netflix, continuously tried to monetise my status as a royal, attended film premieres rather than go to scheduled mess dinners as the Captain-General of the Royal Marines, sh*t all over the concept of the Commonwealth and tried to interfere in the US election. Is there anything else I could possibly do to make myself seem more out of touch, more hypocritical, more unprincipled and more unlikable?"

PURPLE SMOKE BILLOWS

EM: "Yes your highness. Have you wife stick her hand up your arrse and work you like a Thunderbirds puppet while you attack your own country for being riddled with structural racism."

Harry: "BINGO.On it."

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Will they never stop?

Apparently we live in a country made by whites for whites. Great, thanks for the lecture - possibly why we introduced so much race equality legislation but don't let facts burst your bubble. Maybe a one way ticket to DRC, see how the other half lives in a country made by blacks for blacks. cnuts.
My only response is that I'm not surprised by this.

Given that he and his wife are shamelessly trading off the privileges which have granted him his status, this is more than a bit rich.

Someone shouldn't allow them to just crap on. Someone should challenge to explain what they mean by structural racism. If they want to be trailblazers, that would be a good start.

Structural means Institutional - the Institutions are...

The Crown - they happily let her marry in, not racists.
The Government - simply not racist, the Civil Service is uber woke.
Health Service - Wokety Woke Woke
Education System - from the top down there is anti-British pro-minority agenda
Police - More knees bent than Mother Brown
Industry - frankly, more likely to get a job now if you're BAME...
Media - well....

Etc. Etc. Etc.

What do they actually mean other than using a buzz word?

Someone shouldn't allow them to just crap on. Someone should challenge to explain what they mean by structural racism.
Let them crap on. I think they are both doing a tremendous job of pissing on their own chips and I wish them even more air time for the foreseeable future! :-D

Euclid

War Hero
Structural means Institutional - the Institutions are...

The Crown - they happily let her marry in, not racists.
The Government - simply not racist, the Civil Service is uber woke.
Health Service - Wokety Woke Woke
Education System - from the top down there is anti-British pro-minority agenda
Police - More knees bent than Mother Brown
Industry - frankly, more likely to get a job now if you're BAME...
Media - well....

Etc. Etc. Etc.

What do they actually mean other than using a buzz word?
You forgot the Army - super woke. But not as super duper woke as the RAF. The Navy seem to have steered clear of wokeness as have the Royal Marines (although I understand they have clamped down on cross dressing).

anglo

LE
Let them crap on. I think they are both doing a tremendous job of pissing on their own chips and I wish them even more air time for the foreseeable future! :-D
As I've said before, don't piss in the fountain on your way through the village,
you might want to drink from it on the way back.
I think they have well and truly pissed in it

God it really has become quite tedious, the drip drip drip drip of Harry dripping about how bad white people are. Boring... and now it's embarrassing as even grannies up and down the country are starting to comment negatively..... the corner shops in central London that sell tat to tourists are starting to remove the postcards and teatowels of Harry & Meg's wedding as they're not selling... if he continues destroying the brand he may find that the "GO!" will be given when he's also in the car with MM being driven through a tunnel...

If there was to be an Invictus Games some time in the future I do wonder how he and his better half will be received. It's not like she won't turn up to a photo opportunity, but these injured military were injured while fighting the poor oppressed in a BAME environment... will MM be asking if an ISIS team can take part as a gesture of peace and reconciliation?

...and I think we need his fag at Eton to give a proper insight to the type of up-his-own-arse toff he was and how he mistreated the fellow. Do we know if anyone that did his fagging was of the BAME persuasion... ?

Last edited:
HM should make the pair permanent envoys, one way tickets only, to Africa, where they can blether about BLM to their hearts' content without the civilised world having to hear about it.

Dwarf

LE
God it really has become quite tedious, the drip drip drip drip of Harry dripping about how bad white people are. Boring... and now it's embarrassing as even grannies up and down the country are starting to comment negatively.....

I agree it's simply boring. However I notice that they have left the UK to reside abroad and yet WE have to change the UK. A hugely inflated sense of her own importance and impact she has there I believe, and the Ginger one has had a lot of wool pulled over his eyes if he thinks what he says is still accepted uncritically, especially if Grannies are not supportive.

Latest Threads