Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Any divorce if it ever happens will be a nightmare,

It will make two legal teams very wealthy indeed.
As long has she has custody of the royal quadroon she holds all the cards
And hubby is never going to be allowed out with said child, except under very strict supervision.

Dwarf

LE
Impact on the Royal Family - Nightmare
Chances of happening - Very High
Impact on public perception of taking all titles off Harry - very minimal (likely positive)

Therefore: Her Maj MUST sack him off now and disavow him before it's too late.
As she gets deeper into politics and sucks him in I expect a serious effort to get him to renounce his titles and become a Mister.
We won't see it but I bet it goes down a storm with her Meghaness.
A simple mister won't exactly fit in with her plans so a quick divorce blaming the Firm could be on the cards. Or she digs her feet in and makes his life even worse and making the chasm between himandfamily deeper as ge tries to keep her happy.

What plans she announces and what she achieves are often two very different horses......

Last edited:
William and Charles are slowly sharpening their knives for when she goes.

Dirty Andy - he’s as good as sleeping with the fishes already.

That scrounging German princess holed up in Kensington Palace with the Duke of Kent - she’ll get fcked off.

As for Harry - he’ll be banished to a castle in Scotland to gibber away in a corner.

err .. Prince Michael of.

I'll allow the German for Mrs Troubridge on a technicality.

Dredd

LE
Did seb coe pre date Bell?

Yes. 1992. Bell was 1997.

The point was that we may have such people who enter politics, but how many times do you hear them say they will become the Prime Minister either to big themselves up, reinflate a flagging career or just to distance themselves from the current post-holder for virtue signalling purposes?

Of course, this point worked better before Lawrence Fox said he was starting a new political party to counter the woke phenomenon. But that, like all the ones before it (and those yet to come), will fall by the wayside and remain a marginal consideration, if not disappear altogether after the initial flutter of interest.

The mrs has just inflicted Suits on me, having worked her way through a shed load of box sets on Netflix during lockdown. I have to say, in order to realise what a fundamental fcuk up Harry has made, you have to watch two episodes of it. He's basically hooked up the Royal family to a third rate nobody doing a bit part as supporting actress in a second rate netflix boxed set. She's fcuking hopeless, as well as having tiny tits and a tube shaped body. A bit of a pretty munchkin, to look at, so I get why a cock driven young lad would want to plant his tail in her, but she should have been a shag not a wife.

I find myself casting my mind back to advice I ignored from my old man when he met the first mrs simmerit, which was 'you need to ditch that sharpish son - its gob's too big'. I ignored it. He was right. Where was Phil the Greek when he was needed?

I'm sure in a few years they'll be dozens of PhD theses on the psychological impact to him of Diana's death and his attraction to dominant driven women.

Probably when he's some washed up thrice divorced alcoholic tucked away in a Swiss retreat financed by the Family, never to seen by the public again

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I wonder if her film career ever crossed paths with this old roué ?

1601365810360.png

As she gets deeper into politics and sucks him in I expect a serious effort to get him to renounce his titles and become a Mister.
We won't see it but I bet it goes down a storm with her Meghaness.
A simple mister won't exactly fit in with her plans so a quick divorce blaming the Firm could be on the cards. Or she digs her feet in and makes his life even worse and making the chasm between himandfamily deeper as ge tries to keep her happy.

This. Not like it hasn’t happened before.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
This. Not like it hasn’t happened before.
Her political career will founder as the royal sparkle fades. He will be blamed for that and dumped in favour of a more useful political ally. Any Kennedys of the right age should be very afraid.

Impact on the Royal Family - Nightmare
Chances of happening - Very High
Impact on public perception of taking all titles off Harry - very minimal (likely positive)

IMHO this won’t happen for a number of reasons:

HMQ is in a no win situation. If she chins him off, the large section of society that turned most of the Home Counties into a compost heap following the death of St Diana of Cairo will raise merry hell citing The Firm’s continued hatred of her and her memory. The large section of society that operates on the politics of envy as a basis for rational thought will raise merry hell citing it as an attack on Harry for having the stones to buck the system and marry a dusky one and the anti Monarchists will shout about a precedent being set so let’s chin off the rest of them.

If she doesn’t bin him, lots and lots of people will mutter on about talentless yank gold diggers subverting the very fabric of British life. 350 pages on this thread refers.

Secondly, HMQ is a product of a different age and stuck in a highly rarified version of it at that. Harry is her Grandson and is married to someone doing untold damage to a whole raft of things she no doubt holds dear and quite possibly making him very unhappy too. But he’s still her Grandson and although her heart may very well be breaking for both him and the institutions she holds dear, she will feel that she must support him as a Grandson first and foremost until he, and no one else, calls time on it.

Just my opinion.

Dredd

LE
Jennifer Lawrence

Thank you - since I don't watch the kinds of films she does (had to look up Wiki) and the only one I have seen her in she had dark hair, the face was not immediately recognisable to me.

For which I am a little proud actually.

William and Charles are slowly sharpening their knives for when she goes.

Dirty Andy - he’s as good as sleeping with the fishes already.

That scrounging German princess holed up in Kensington Palace with the Duke of Kent - she’ll get fcked off.

As for Harry - he’ll be banished to a castle in Scotland to gibber away in a corner.
There was a persistant story of a secret room in the walls of Glamis Castle (the Queen Mums old pad) where a mad relative was kept permanently out of public gaze. I wonder if it is currently being refurbished....

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Her political career will founder as the royal sparkle fades. He will be blamed for that and dumped in favour of a more useful political ally. Any Kennedys of the right age should be very afraid.

I suspect it's the other way round and she's working Evita-style.

Jobbing Actress - relatively insignificant but some traction with a blog
Marries Harry - Moves to the global media mainstream/massive recognition
Lands mega-media deal - Secured on the back of marrying Harry but now has a major platform
Develops TV presence - Achieves high profile TV presence using Harry's involvement to drive early audiences with the added advantage that she is the producer, is not dependent on being cast by others and therefore has control.
Develops single TV identity - Gets out from the shadow of being the wife of Harry and creates a specific TV persona divorced from relying on royal connections
Segues from TV into mainstream politics - Leverages TV personality status and viewer support into a significant constituency and commences the harangue. Essentially Oprah with ambitions for public office.

The critical thing for Meghan is that the TV element has to work. If it fails she'll probably revert to being a noisy activist with an increasingly tenuous grip on relevance. If she succeeds, I suspect that what starts out as the Meghan and Harry show will increasingly become the Meghan show as Harry's presence becomes a constant reminder to audiences of the origins of her success and, consequently, a threat to her career development.

I wonder if her film career ever crossed paths with this old roué ?

View attachment 508176
Prompting me to have a look at her IMDb page.... which now has one of the longest bios of any actor, let alone a bit-part one. Now, knowing a couple of actors, they jealously guard their IMDb profiles and assiduously use their editing rights to maintain a favourable picture to the world. Megain has clearly been in full edit mode.

A couple of interesting snips:

"Meghan, (born Rachel Meghan Markle) is a US-born member of the British royal family and a former film and television actress."

"Following their wedding on May 19, 2018, Markle became known as the Duchess of Sussex. After her and Harry's departure from the Royal family, their titles were forfeited and she is no longer known as the Duchess of Sussex."

Slightly contradictory statements with the last snip indicating 2 fingers at HMQ and the RF.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the next lecture telling me what to think and how to behave. They always make me re-imagine what a happier place the world could be... with the impact of a .303 on her forehead.

..no, no... the polite thing to do in Society is give them a stiff ignoring.... Persona non grata as far as the Royal Family are concerned. Part of the Invisible People who will be allowed to turn up for Phil's funeral, but will only be granted a short period of small talk with HM before being shooed away...

As Ocsar Wilde would say, "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about...." ...very witty Mr Wilde, very witty indeed...

Last edited:
IMHO this won’t happen for a number of reasons:

HMQ is in a no win situation. If she chins him off, the large section of society that turned most of the Home Counties into a compost heap following the death of St Diana of Cairo will raise merry hell citing The Firm’s continued hatred of her and her memory. The large section of society that operates on the politics of envy as a basis for rational thought will raise merry hell citing it as an attack on Harry for having the stones to buck the system and marry a dusky one and the anti Monarchists will shout about a precedent being set so let’s chin off the rest of them.

If she doesn’t bin him, lots and lots of people will mutter on about talentless yank gold diggers subverting the very fabric of British life. 350 pages on this thread refers.

Secondly, HMQ is a product of a different age and stuck in a highly rarified version of it at that. Harry is her Grandson and is married to someone doing untold damage to a whole raft of things she no doubt holds dear and quite possibly making him very unhappy too. But he’s still her Grandson and although her heart may very well be breaking for both him and the institutions she holds dear, she will feel that she must support him as a Grandson first and foremost until he, and no one else, calls time on it.

Just my opinion.

I'd say the tapeworm needs to start thinking about that damage and the possible consequences thereof for herself. Maybe get a handbook and carefully check the wiring of any vehicle she enters.

Latest Threads