Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It's hilarious how Americans seem to think that someone-they-recognise-from-the-telly-or-hit-parade would make a successful POTUS. It's the Reality Show culture hitting full development where life imitates art imitating life.
It's not fair just to blame the Septics for this, there's a section of the British public that us happy to push the current favourite celebrity forward for just about anything, not everyone with voting rights is completely clued up on politics.

(And don't get me started on ours, last time they threw their vote away on the same thieves quite literally for the price of a chicken dinner !)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Public speaking and presentation skills so sadly lacking in any number of politicians everywhere.

That maybe a good thing, look at the politicians with Oratory skills Tony Blair, Adolf Hitler, Erdogan, Putin etc

And apparently she'll give him more than that if he becomes 'First Ginga'. :eek:

'Meghan Markle harbours serious ambitions to run for president of the United States, according to a report.

'After the Duchess of Sussex and husband Prince Harry dumped royal duties with their historic Megxit this year, the 39-year-old former Suits star now has her eye on the White House, a close friend told Vanity Fair.

“One of the reasons she was so keen not to give up her American citizenship was so she had the option to go into politics,” the unidentified friend told the mag.

“I think if Meghan and Harry ever gave up their titles she would seriously consider running for president,” the friend added of rumours of a 2024 run.'

Shame Frank Zappa never managed to run for President, that would be eye opening at least

tgo

War Hero
RR. His only problem was age really, why do the septics insist on having people one step away from death as their leaders?

Saw an interview with Princess Anne's daughter Zara a while back.
Every second word was umm or like.
It was painful

A ball gag would soon sort that, they'd make a great sportsman's double as well

Dredd

LE
It's not fair just to blame the Septics for this, there's a section of the British public that us happy to push the current favourite celebrity forward for just about anything, not everyone with voting rights is completely clued up on politics.

(And don't get me started on ours, last time they threw their vote away on the same thieves quite literally for the price of a chicken dinner !)

I accept that our society is not all that different from theirs in many ways, but we don't have a President and the PM has to be the leader of the Party with the most votes (not strictly true but not worth elaborating on). So unless we go Republic our risk of having the same nonsense as even a remote possibility is currently zero.

In fact, the last time I can recall of someone "off the telly" becoming an MP was Martin Bell, and he was an Independent.

syrup

LE
I accept that our society is not all that different from theirs in many ways, but we don't have a President and the PM has to be the leader of the Party with the most votes (not strictly true but not worth elaborating on). So unless we go Republic our risk of having the same nonsense as even a remote possibility is currently zero.

In fact, the last time I can recall of someone "off the telly" becoming an MP was Martin Bell, and he was an Independent.

Giles branderth
The bird of coronation street that replaced the dead one
The bird of GMTV (I think there was 2 of them)

Giles branderth
Giles branderth
However, to counter that, British TV did produce the leader of Change UK, the wonderful Anna Soubry. Not heard from her for sometime now, but I believe she is in a darkened room somewhere, working on her ‘Prepare for Government’ speech! :-D

Giles branderth

And arguably Boris, erstwhile panellist and host on Have I Got News For You...

Anna Soubry and Richard Drax also came from backgrounds in TV. Esther McVey and Gloria del Piero are the former GMTV MPs, and Tracy Brabin was the actress from Coronation St.

And apparently she'll give him more than that if he becomes 'First Ginga'. :eek:

'Meghan Markle harbours serious ambitions to run for president of the United States, according to a report.

'After the Duchess of Sussex and husband Prince Harry dumped royal duties with their historic Megxit this year, the 39-year-old former Suits star now has her eye on the White House, a close friend told Vanity Fair.

“One of the reasons she was so keen not to give up her American citizenship was so she had the option to go into politics,” the unidentified friend told the mag.

“I think if Meghan and Harry ever gave up their titles she would seriously consider running for president,” the friend added of rumours of a 2024 run.'

And apparently she'll give him more than that if he becomes 'First 'Gina'.
Sorry couldn't help it

And Regan....

Regan?

Or Reagan?