Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Serious Question. I have not had the telly box on since 19:00 hrs on Friday, is it safe to switch it on again ?.
As I said a few days ago, if you are not a bloody little poor person and can afford the top package on Sky there are plenty of other things to watch.

Serious Question. I have not had the telly box on since 19:00 hrs on Friday, is it safe to switch it on again ?.
Don't do it.
It's a post mortem fest on who wore what, who farted, who looked sideways at the ranting Haaaaaaaaaaaaal-laeeeeeeeeeeee Looooo...Yah...... Godbotherer they imported.

No, the highlights are infesting all news channels, and talk shows, like some insidious cancer, and are likely to for the next few days.. I dread to pick up the papers on Monday morning, and on monday our local evening paper will have multi page coverage. Good luck to the newly weds, but its overkill.

i came back from the supermarket, having spent oodles of wonga on steaks, burgers and sausages (only 1 each, mind, seriously, ONLY 1 EACH!)for the cup final BBQ to find my two youngest boys (20 & 16) watching and commenting on the wedding enthusiastically.

Oh the mofo-ing sh@gging shame of it!

Where did I go wrong!

i came back from the supermarket, having spent oodles of wonga on steaks, burgers and sausages (only 1 each, mind, seriously, ONLY 1 EACH!)for the cup final BBQ to find my two youngest boys (20 & 16) watching and commenting on the wedding enthusiastically.

Where did I go wrong!
I believe the mess Webley has been left on the table sir...

Just the other day I was reading dw.de and noted there was a pronounced emphasis on accusing the UK of being racist, particlarly since the Brexit vote. I was not impressed. Ironic then that German press has been accused of racism itself:
Royal wedding: German broadcaster ZDF accused of racism in its coverage | DW | 19.05.2018

"German public broadcaster ZDF was heavily criticized on Saturday for its sometimes questionable coverage of the royal wedding."

"Social media users and news commentators found its coverage revealed deep-set racism among German media."

I can’t help but think that Brother Lee Love’s hallelujah/luv’n’harmony sermon was given the twice over and approved by Betty’s flunkies. If not her herself.

On a positive note I discovered that HD broadcast TV looks fantastic on an iPad. Almost 3D. And I feckin hate Apple with a vengeance.

I would saw my cock off my best mates cock off for an electric E-Type in powder blue.

Just the other day I was reading dw.de and noted there was a pronounced emphasis on accusing the UK of being racist, particlarly since the Brexit vote. I was not impressed. Ironic then that German press has been accused of racism itself:
Royal wedding: German broadcaster ZDF accused of racism in its coverage | DW | 19.05.2018

"German public broadcaster ZDF was heavily criticized on Saturday for its sometimes questionable coverage of the royal wedding."

"Social media users and news commentators found its coverage revealed deep-set racism among German media."
I gave you an informative for that, but with a 'not in the least bit surprised' caveat. German media is full of this sort of crap. It's almost like the UK of the 70's. All foreigners are either criminals or figures of fun and only po-faced German professionals are to be taken seriously. From their TV and radio shows, all Germans are well aware that everything which is German is, in all ways, superior to anything that isn't.

By the way, German TV is abysmal; really abysmal. Often when on ski-ing or business trips i tune in to German channels as I sprech the lingo. Over the years I have become convinced that the aim is to make it so sub-standard that nobody wants to watch it and will therefore fill their lives with more constructive and creative things.

Last edited:
I gave you an informative for that, but with a 'not in the least bit surprised' caveat. German media is full of this sort of crap. It's almost live the UK of the 70's. All foreigners are either criminals or figures of fun and only po-faced German professionals are to be taken seriously. From their TV and radio shows, all Germans are well aware that everything which is German is, in all ways, superior to anything that isn't.

By the way, Geramn TV is abysmal; really abysmal. Often when on ski-ing or business trips i tune in to German channels as I sprech the lingo. Over the years I have become convinced that the aim is to make it so sub-standard that nobody wants to watch it and will therefore fill their lives with more constructive and creative things.
I've seen Terminator in German, with a rather camp German voice over it was hilarious, but probably not intentionally so

Where did I go wrong!
You needed a bigger stick to beat the incipient gheyness out of them.

Don’t be surprised if they turn out to be interior/fashion designers or colour coaches.

You are wrong i lived there for five years my brother is living there now and i read their newspapers pretty much everyday, African gangs are becoming a major issue/ problem in the suburbs of Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, look up Apex gang.

But this is beside the point anyway.
North African though, not Afro Caribbean, Apex gang for instance were South Sudanese.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I can’t comment on that now as I have to go out, but I vill be beck.

Hasta la vista schweinhund.
Ze Germans wouldn't let Arnie do his own dubbing in his native tongue for Terminator, cos they felt he sounded too much like the Austrian yokel he was.

I wish Harry and Meghan a happy future. I’m sure she’s a nice girl, and I’m pretty sure Harry’s a good egg, but I can’t help but feel that she doesn’t really now what she’s let herself in for...

Megan and Harry's Wedding pictures featured on the Jumbo Tron at Target Field in Minneapolis, MN during a game between the Minnesota Twins and the Milwaukee Brewers on May 19th. The game also featured a playing of God Save The Queen after the Star Spangled Banner to open the evening's events while pictures of the wedding were displayed as were pictures of Aunt Betty beaming beautifully and Uncle Phil looking sourly on at the proceedings in the church. Well OK then. She's trapped her man and she is now a "royal" best of luck to her but I still won't turn on the cricket at the Test Match. ;-):eek::?

The last vestige of the "white Australia" policy was got rid of in the early '70s. There is a small black African population in Australia. Because the country is where it is, most of its non-white population doubtless comes from Asia.
'Small black African population'? Sadly not small enough. See @Deserter' post below yours.

Actually I saw some of the video this morning of HCR following the carriage through Windsor park in rising trot. I get the point about not having too many falling off. Its usually a source of amusement when seeing people getting their first lesson on a horse and they're going up and down like demented pogo sticks. I've sometimes had to remind some of those along the side to think back to their first lesson. To teach the beginners we just shout up, down, up, down until they get the rhythm for themselves. Most of them have it within a couple of hours although had one or two say that their horse must be broken as it isn't working. I then offer them my horse at which point those at the side give a sharp intake of breath and mutter the likes of 'ooh cruel, don't fall for it".

Your description emphasises the point that for an inexperienced rider its better for the horse's back. It takes time to learn to sit out a trotting horse but when done properly there should be no pogo stick effect.
Yup. John Wayne never bounced up and down on his hoss.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
s_n_l_r Medals 26
Ninja_Turtle Medals 24
E Military Clothing & Boots 50