Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LBC's Maajid Nawaz was saying that the whinging has started. The bride was either not black enough or not white enough for some people. One caller was complaining that the opportunity was missed to enable the bride's mother to walk her daughter up the isle. As Maajid pointed out that is entirely a matter of how weddings are done and nothing to do with race. Another caller suggested that Her Maj had figured out that a mixed race wedding was required to enable the Monarchy to survive. People eh?

LBC's Maajid Nawaz was saying that the whinging has started. The bride was either not black enough or not white enough for some people. One caller was complaining that the opportunity was missed to enable the bride's mother to walk her daughter up the isle. As Maajid pointed out that is entirely a matter of how weddings are done and nothing to do with race. Another caller suggested that Her Maj had figured out that a mixed race wedding was required to enable the Monarchy to survive. People eh?
There's just no pleasing some people. I thought the couple had obviously put a lot of effort into it, to be their wedding, on their terms (as much as is possible for a prince of the realm) and producing a tasteful result. The way some are bleating on about it you would have thought that everyone had turned up dressed as Klan members and no prizes for guessing who would be the grand wizard.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Is she going to be the new peepuls Princess?

Is she going to play herself when the Netflix show 'The Crown' catches up with the present day?

Thanks pfgen for the reply.
I would disagree with the army logic behind it however, especially if the trooper is carrying a lot of weight, The whole point of a rising trot is that you don’t pogo up an down ( well only when demonstrating the basic movements on a stationary horse or if one is a spastic mong ).
You start off with your seat ( arse) a couple of inches off the saddle and knees slightly bent , and when the horse is in mid stride and rising , bend the knees a little more to allow the horse to meet your backside, done correctly seen from the front the riders torso and head should appear relatively motionless.it is also much better for the horses back than some heavy lump bouncing up and down like a pea on a drum.
This may be beyond the ken of their instructors though I suspect there is a big slice of “ that’s how we do things here and not too many fall off”.
Still looks amateur though in my opinion.
Actually I saw some of the video this morning of HCR following the carriage through Windsor park in rising trot. I get the point about not having too many falling off. Its usually a source of amusement when seeing people getting their first lesson on a horse and they're going up and down like demented pogo sticks. I've sometimes had to remind some of those along the side to think back to their first lesson. To teach the beginners we just shout up, down, up, down until they get the rhythm for themselves. Most of them have it within a couple of hours although had one or two say that their horse must be broken as it isn't working. I then offer them my horse at which point those at the side give a sharp intake of breath and mutter the likes of 'ooh cruel, don't fall for it".

Your description emphasises the point that for an inexperienced rider its better for the horse's back. It takes time to learn to sit out a trotting horse but when done properly there should be no pogo stick effect.