Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Beatrice and Eugenie may have to be pulled in as needed to fill in for Harry now that he's off in exile. The "slimmed down monarchy" was based around the idea that Harry would be available to do royal duties. With the older generation of royals starting to get on in years, and William's children to young to fulfil royal duties, there will be a gap between them which will have to be filled somehow and not a lot of acceptable alternative candidates to do that.

Can't argue with that, that ship cannot slide down the slipway, and that new factory will not function without their presence.

armchair_ninja

Old-Salt
Ahh the “ Mills Bomb”
Before Mc Cartneys relationship with Ms Mills imploded they were looking to Buy the Old Church Hotel at Gowbarrow ( right on the side of Lake Ullswater).To turn back into a rather grand house.
An old school mate of mine who worked for PFK as a land agent/ estate agent, showed Mills around the Property.
He was the model of discretion at the time but after the deal fell through and she buggered off out of old Maccas life he gave his opinion.
Which was of a thoroughly manipulative geordie bint on the make.
She ( in his opinion) showed the classic trait of someone who had clawed their way up from lowly beginnings and had had to kiss a lot of frogs and probably auction off her fanny a few times to get within reach of her big shot. which she could taste now.
Her “ image/ persona now which she had manufactured leaned heavily on the “ I’m the wife of Sir Paul Mc C so treat me with appropriate deference “
But the hard nosed Geordie tart poked out when she talked to everyone ( him included ) like they were indebnetured staff.
It rang a bell because my elder brother married one very similar. ( sigh).
Went to school with Mills and she was exactly the same there.

Can't argue with that, that ship cannot slide down the slipway, and that new factory will not function without their presence.
There may also be a need to deploy royals on foreign visits to build relationships if the UK are no longer tethered to the EU. Royal visits are regularly used as an instrument of diplomacy to build a favourable image of the UK in the world at large.

I had to google up tromboning.

The definition I found had me in stitches (through laughing I hasten to add, not through a poor tromboning technique from Mrs SB).
Can we assume then from reading your last sentence that the missus can give a good tromboning? What confuses me though is that if she can, you still had to look up the definition of it, didn't you ever wonder what she was doing blowing your ring piece while tugging your bludger?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
There may also be a need to deploy royals on foreign visits to build relationships if the UK are no longer tethered to the EU. Royal visits are regularly used as an instrument of diplomacy to build a favourable image of the UK in the world at large.
I think we should be absolutely ruthless with royal visits and show Johnny Foreigner no mercy: "Give us a favourable trade deal or we send this..."

1594399194431.png

Another reason to disown the ginger prick and his cunt wife. I'm not sure that foisting that pair of arse holes on another nation would do anything positive for our foreign relations.

At least the Americans deserve them for regrettably declining our previous generous offer for them to be part of our glorious empire.

Now look at them. Can't even drive on the correct side of the road. Animals.

Didn’t someone once say Prince William occasionally posts on here? I reckon it’s @TheSockPuppet!

I think we should be absolutely ruthless with royal visits and show Johnny Foreigner no mercy: "Give us a favourable trade deal or we send this..."

View attachment 488657
He does seem to have a habit of making a poor choice of friends.
In May 2008, Prince Andrew paid a visit to his Canadian alma mater: the prestigious Lakefield College School, just north of Peterborough, Ont. It was not the first homecoming for His Royal Highness. A teenage exchange student back in 1977, the Queen’s second son retains strong ties to his old campus and has reminisced often about how deeply he treasures those “life-changing” six months. But that particular trip was especially sentimental. The Duke of York had a gift to present: a hand-carved baptismal font for the school chapel.

Crafted in part from a large rock that Andrew had delivered from Scotland’s Balmoral Castle, the font was created to honour a dear friend: the late Keith Gleed, an Anglican priest who served as chaplain at the elite private school between 1974 and 1980. After meeting at Lakefield, Andrew and Gleed remained such good friends that the prince invited the reverend both to his 21st birthday party and to his wedding to Sarah Ferguson. Shortly before Gleed died of cancer in 2001, Andrew even travelled to his hospital bedside to say goodbye—“surely a testament of true friendship,” according to Gleed’s obituary in the school newsletter.

The day the font was dedicated, staff and students joined Andrew inside the A.W. Mackenzie Chapel for the blessing ceremony. Dead for seven years by then, Gleed was fondly remembered as “the confidant of the troubled, the defender of the bullied and a true friend to all.”

In reality, Father Keith was none of those things. He was a pedophile who preyed on vulnerable young students and took his secret to the grave—only to have the truth exposed, ironically enough, because of Andrew’s well-intentioned efforts to enshrine his memory.

Beatrice and Eugenie may have to be pulled in as needed to fill in for Harry now that he's off in exile. The "slimmed down monarchy" was based around the idea that Harry would be available to do royal duties. With the older generation of royals starting to get on in years, and William's children to young to fulfil royal duties, there will be a gap between them which will have to be filled somehow and not a lot of acceptable alternative candidates to do that.
Surely Zara is the more acceptable and meritorious alternative to the gurning Bea and Eu?

However, I think you’re wrong. I think that in between talking to trees and wishing he was a tampon, PoW is happy with the orbat being:

Monarch
Monarch‘s Mate
Heir Apparent
Princess Eyebrows w/wo offspring.

Any marriage, at least any successful one, is a working partnership. You don't need to be royalty. It just depends how those within understand and define their roles.

I can think of a very well-known TV presenter who I used to work with whose wife became his PA. Some might see that as a 'subservient' role but it allowed her to cope with a chronic condition and be a mother.

Another friend of mine is a very well-bred and very attractive woman in her late 50s*. She's now divorced but for quite some years her 'job' was being the consummate hostess. Again, that might not be a very fashionable take on life with the feminists but it was equitable, understood and accepted by both partners.

*Yes I have, and no, you're not seeing pictures.
No pictures, didn’t happen. Thems the rules...

I believe that Zara is a professional sportswoman, and didn't the Princess Royal turn down HRHships for her children at birth, and so has given them private lives?

All well and good, if the "Royal" in question still has any credibility, that narrows it down considerably. A lot of people are starting to perceive the whole royal thing as a bit of a anachronism, well past it use by date, its big business and politics that control trade and economics, would you really base your billion pound business on a smiling face that has no grounding in business, or the functions of economics, simply beacause they have just walked of the queens flight, along a red carpet,

"Good morning prince Andrew, princess Anne, prince Harry, Duke of Edinbourough, prince Edward, Princess Michael of kent, thanks for coming, even thought your country's finances are going down the bloody toilet, your MP's are inherently criminals, and your bankers are being charged with corruption, your big company's have been sold to foriegn investors, and asset stripped, and your trade deficit is in the billions, and existing company's are moving to other cheaper countries. And some medium company's are closing down altogether. your presence convinced us to trade-invest in UK & Co Ltd."...... nice dream, but un-realistic.

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
All well and good, if the "Royal" in question still has any credibility, that narrows it down considerably. A lot of people are starting to perceive the whole royal thing as a bit of a anachronism, well past it use by date, its big business and politics that control trade and economics, would you really base your billion pound business on a smiling face that has no grounding in business, or the functions of economics, simply beacause they have just walked of the queens flight, along a red carpet,

"Good morning prince Andrew, princess Anne, prince Harry Duke of Edinbourough, prince Edward, Princess Michael of kent, thanks for coming, even thought your country's finances are going down the bloody toilet, your MP's are inherently criminals, and your bankers are being charged with corruption, your big company's have been sold to foriegn investors, and asset stripped, and your trade deficit is in the billions, and existing company's are moving to other cheaper countries. And some medium company's are closing down altogether. your presence convinced us to trade-invest in UK & Co Ltd."...... nice dream, but un-realistic.
Never underestimate people's susceptibility to proximity with fame and status.

Latest Threads