Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to video/photograph weddings. And soon learnt that common sense goes out of the window when the future bride is planning the great day.
I did a job on a ship moored on the Thames,(HMS President I think).
I mentioned that the cake looked really nice and one of the guests said "It should do, it cost Six Grand".

Nice looking cake though.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I did, but quit to join the Army, The Old Polytechnic system was good. My brother had a long and very successful career on the back of a Pharmacy degree from Leicester Poly
Teesside Poly, as was, did one of the best chemistry degrees in the country - not surprising given the petrochemical industry locally.

[/THREAD DRIFT]

I did, but quit to join the Army, The Old Polytechnic system was good. My brother had a long and very successful career on the back of a Pharmacy degree from Leicester Poly

indeed, my elder sister obtained an honours degree in biochemistry from Portsmouth poly. Went on to a very lucrative career as an accountant to the rich & famous before retiring minted in her mid 50’s, now 60 & living life to the full...

The moral being, the poly system worked, as did the cream going to university did, as did apprenticeships.

slight drift, my daughters other half is by no way academically bright, he is however practical, hard working & understands the value of money & hard work. They are both mid 20’s on their second bought home & doing just fine without uni education. My daughter is working in the local authority whilst they are paying her to go through AAT training. She earns as much as her Bessie who went through uni & has a load of student debt.

Going to uni is not b all of life, there are other options,..

rant over

ACAB

LE
I've got a raspberry Swiss roll I can let them have for £ 7000.

Or some shortbread fingers, only £ 65 each.
1594151959306.png

" Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding cake has taken six bakers five days to prepare and breaks with tradition, according to its designer Claire Ptak. The couple decided to buck the royal tradition for fruitcake and instead opted for a lemon and elderflower creation with buttercream icing, topped with fresh flowers. "

Not pretentious in the slightest then for a mere £50,000 ... No siree bob!!!

View attachment 487984

" Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding cake has taken six bakers five days to prepare and breaks with tradition, according to its designer Claire Ptak. The couple decided to buck the royal tradition for fruitcake and instead opted for a lemon and elderflower creation with buttercream icing, topped with fresh flowers. "

Not pretentious in the slightest then for a mere £50,000 ... No siree bob!!!

50k, fcuk my time hat. Pretentious tw*ts

indeed, my elder sister obtained an honours degree in biochemistry from Portsmouth poly. Went on to a very lucrative career as an accountant to the rich & famous before retiring minted in her mid 50’s, now 60 & living life to the full...

The moral being, the poly system worked, as did the cream going to university did, as did apprenticeships.

slight drift, my daughters other half is by no way academically bright, he is however practical, hard working & understands the value of money & hard work. They are both mid 20’s on their second bought home & doing just fine without uni education. My daughter is working in the local authority whilst they are paying her to go through AAT training. She earns as much as her Bessie who went through uni & has a load of student debt.

Going to uni is not b all of life, there are other options,..

rant over
I went to uni, happily earning enough cash to spunk up a wall on frivolous shite. I just made sure to pick a degree in a field that was of actual use.

I went to uni, happily earning enough cash to spunk up a wall on frivolous shite. I just made sure to pick a degree in a field that was of actual use.
And that's the point. Uni is great if you're going to get a degree that earns you a living. Otherwise it just a load of debt...

SWMBO is a team leader in a police control room been there 30 od years. She is the go to woman in ths room. She has a shift of 30 plus lots of whom have degrees. Perfectly capable but sit aside many who dont who are similary capable, just that the former have a shed load of debt for their trouble.