Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ACAB

LE
I know it's de rigueur to have a bit of a downer on Harry but I know he goes to Nottingham on a regular basis and supports a couple of community projects in the St Ann's region of the city. Often he will make official visits where the public can get out and meet him and these are highlighted in the media in the same way as other Royal visits, bringing public attention and awareness to these projects, but oftentimes he will pitch up privately to give his support and the local media only get to find out once he has been and gone. Certainly he's not craving personal publicity on these occasions but is maintaining a connection to the people involved.

Prince Harry is coming to Nottingham for World Mental Health Day
Yes, I don't doubt that but since meeting Meagain Markle he's been a tad cuntstruck don't you think???

Yes, I don't doubt that but since meeting Meagain Markle he's been a tad cuntstruck don't you think???
It certainly appears that she's the one pulling the strings.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Certainly not in the order of magnitude she’d want. Though there are rumours that his mum was paid a rather sweet consultancy fee for her few days’ jolly to Bosnia and Angola.
And photographed a mere three k's from the nearest ap.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Loony Pride will be held in Nottingham ?
That'll please at least one ex-RAMC member.
And stop a kakhuisvol of pigeons going deaf.
That news article was from last year, I only included it as a reference to my post.

Bodenplatte

Old-Salt
I know it's de rigueur to have a bit of a downer on Harry but I know he goes to Nottingham on a regular basis and supports a couple of community projects in the St Ann's region of the city. Often he will make official visits where the public can get out and meet him and these are highlighted in the media in the same way as other Royal visits, bringing public attention and awareness to these projects, but oftentimes he will pitch up privately to give his support and the local media only get to find out once he has been and gone. Certainly he's not craving personal publicity on these occasions but is maintaining a connection to the people involved.

Very unconvincing. He knows that word will get out, and he then reaps the credit for "not seeking publicity."
His mother was just as manipulative.

Very unconvincing. He knows that word will get out, and he then reaps the credit for "not seeking publicity."
His mother was just as manipulative.
Of course the word will get out, what on earth makes you think that it wouldn't? He goes to visit a community project with which he has held a long-term interest and meets normal members of the local community involved in the project. They take pictures on their smart phones during the visit, tell their friends and family, post pictures and comments on social media etc. It would take flat-earth, Area 51, faked moon landing levels of tin foil millinery to think it would be covered up and nobody would find out he went there.

He makes official visits where there is the usual fan-fare and media and public attention one would expect and then he makes private visits which are much more low key. It doesn't make them secret visits.

Bodenplatte

Old-Salt
Of course the word will get out, what on earth makes you think that it wouldn't? He goes to visit a community project with which he has held a long-term interest and meets normal members of the local community involved in the project. They take pictures on their smart phones during the visit, tell their friends and family, post pictures and comments on social media etc. It would take flat-earth, Area 51, faked moon landing levels of tin foil millinery to think it would be covered up and nobody would find out he went there.

He makes official visits where there is the usual fan-fare and media and public attention one would expect and then he makes private visits which are much more low key. It doesn't make them secret visits.
Quite. You make my point for me.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Makes you wonder how it will be policed.

Will they have to crop dust anti-psychotic meds and pad the streets?
I think you've just solved the riots.

Chef

LE

This is very nice of him and was part and parcel of being a royal. Given all the bolleaux he and his missus have spouted about the damaging effect on polar penguins air travel has (From several different countries and continents). Will he be able to square this circle or just sound like all the other rich enviromentalists saying my trip is toxic but their's is essential?

clothears

War Hero
H&M own the copyright of the latest pictures. They get paid when the media uses them.

So basically, the Rent a Royals are doing visits they wouldn't do in the UK because they get paid for the photographs in the States.

woger wabbit

War Hero
He's been a busy boy.

His awards include: the Distinguished Service Medal, Legion of Merit (2nd Award), Bronze Star Medal with Valor, Bronze Star Medal (4th award), Meritorious Service Medal (2nd award), Army Commendation Medal (7th award), Army Achievement Medal (10th award), Good Conduct Medal (8th award), National Defense Service Medal (2nd award), South West Asia Service Medal (two bronze service stars), Iraq Campaign Medal (one silver and two bronze service stars), Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Korea Defense Service Medal, NCO Professional Development Ribbon (4th award), Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon (6th award), Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait), Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia), Drivers Badge (wheel), Ranger Tab, Expert Infantryman’s Badge, Combat Infantryman’s Badge.
Thank you, that answers the question admirably.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
...deary me... how disrespectful...money?...there's no dough in bread making man.... and they're obviously not the money grabbing, attention seeking sort as they're looking to branch out in a new career making bread, and cookies.. and pastry... and stuff.. look, look, here they are learning their craft at a downtown bakery...

...I bet it's like something from the Generation Game in there with that fella having to try and teach them a skill for a photo opportunity that they'll never do again....
By God, it's desperate.

Latest Threads