Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oyibo

LE
There was, for quite some years, but I sold it a few years ago now. That was bought as an "investment", and it worked out very well.
Perhaps you could branch out and be a personal 'wealth management' advisor for Harry and Meghan

Perhaps you could branch out and be a personal 'wealth management' advisor for Harry and Meghan
I get asked for financial advice a lot........which is odd, as I pretty much fly by the seat of my pants. People don't believe me when I tell them I don't own any equities and very little debt. I watch a couple of currency pairs very closely, and they're very predictable......so take leveraged punts on those. The key is to be indifferent whether you end up taking physical currency from the trades, which is the case given I have assets in both UK and Australia.

My advice to them would be......"spend less".

My advice to them would be......"spend less".
My advice to them would be: Mess Webley.

No doubt Meghan would have her friends leak that the "honorable [sic] thing" was racist because it was black and used only for negative events.

To pick up on the swimming pool and junk you don't need theme, having spent hours on their phones all day I berated my kids for not going out in the garden and doing something else, "but what is there to do?" they asked.

I pointed to the big blue-tiled hole in the garden filled with water that a man comes in at great expense every week to keep clean, then the basketball hoop in the front yard, the drone they got for Christmas, the bikes in the garage, the archery set bought for the birthday to complement the air rifles they got the previous year, the kites in the spare room and for that matter the dozens of books in all the rooms of the house.

I was doing so well too, until my wife pointed out that I too have a bike, whose tyres are as equally deflated as those of the kids, I also hadn't dunked my tootsies in chlorinated water in the past month at least, the three (count 'em) bags of golf clubs made fine dust collectors in the hall, the rowing machine is probably seized up by this stage and I couldn't find the set of weights under the outdoor gear that is still in the plastic wrapping it came in two years ago, but that curiously enough the state-of-the-art corkscrew and bottle opener I got on Amazon a while back is in peak condition and if anything is in danger of over-use.

When this lockdown ends and we finally realise how broke we all are I predict the greatest car boot sale of all time across the land.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Where do I start?

Around 70 vintage amplifiers, probably 50 guitars, vintage microphones that I've never used, vintage effects pedals, around 500 valves, 4000 or so quite rare records, old Ferrari spare parts, about a ton and a half of vintage electronic equipment (bought as spares for above amps, I used to buy closing down electronics shops)............and the list goes on, and on, and on.
My offspring will be over from your offshore colony forthwith!

Now you’ve started something.
the mehimsahib has just read this in bed........ and has started to regain me with.
3 aeroplanes, only one of which I’ve flown in the last 12 months.
2 range rovers, one of whom ( the backup !) hasn’t moved out of the hangar in 8 months.
A 60’s merc that I haven’t sat in in two years ( it’s an “ investment!”).
3 rifles, two of whom I have to make a conscious effort to put ammo through to justify having them on my ticket.
apparently tonight ” we” are going to look at the bank statements, to see if there is any needless standing orders.!
The young bomberletts and their Apple accounts arn’t going to like this.!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Where do I start?

Around 70 vintage amplifiers, probably 50 guitars, vintage microphones that I've never used, vintage effects pedals, around 500 valves, 4000 or so quite rare records, old Ferrari spare parts, about a ton and a half of vintage electronic equipment (bought as spares for above amps, I used to buy closing down electronics shops)............and the list goes on, and on, and on.
Don't sell the beam tetrodes because the price is still going up.

Shocker! The US paparazzi might be interested in them.

'Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have complained to police about drones flying over their new Los Angeles home – fearing it could be a “terror threat”, according to a report.

'This month alone, the former royals have reported at least five drones flying as low as 20 feet (6 metres) – including when they’ve been at the pool with young son Archie, a friend told the Daily Beast. “They see these drones coming in at them, and they guess that they are being operated by photographers, but they can’t just assume that,” the source told the site.

'The drones are just part of what the couple complain is “unimaginable” levels of intrusion as they live in the $27 million Beverly Hills mansion owned by Hollywood mogul Tyler Perry, the source said. It includes “following and tailing them every day” they go out, leaving them “rattled” at cars “being driven very erratically” as they follow them. One incident almost caused a crash, which was “incredibly dangerous, shocking and scary,” the source said.'

'Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have complained to police about drones flying over their new Los Angeles home – fearing it could be a “terror threat”, according to a report.

'This month alone, the former royals have reported at least five drones flying as low as 20 feet (6 metres) – including when they’ve been at the pool with young son Archie, a friend told the Daily Beast. “They see these drones coming in at them, and they guess that they are being operated by photographers, but they can’t just assume that,” the source told the site.

'The drones are just part of what the couple complain is “unimaginable” levels of intrusion as they live in the $27 million Beverly Hills mansion owned by Hollywood mogul Tyler Perry, the source said. It includes “following and tailing them every day” they go out, leaving them “rattled” at cars “being driven very erratically” as they follow them. One incident almost caused a crash, which was “incredibly dangerous, shocking and scary,” the source said.'

Well, that move seems to have worked out well for them.

Where next?

Where next?
'Space Family Sussex'; courtesy of Elon Musks's SpaceX Dragon. The first family in space; all the publicity, without the annoying paparazzi, or oxygen outside of an artificial environment.

I just had a look through Google for the phrase "Prince Harry Meghan Markle drones" and the first couple of pages of results seem to be just entertainment rags and a few minor tabloids. Either the story is largely fabricated, or nobody cares, or both.

It's not unusual for PR flacks working for celebrities to exaggerate events and then call up various tabloid reporters and feed them the story in order to get their client's name in the news. You can't be a celebrity if nobody is talking about you. The story might be true, or it might be mostly fabrication with a small kernel of truth. Either way it's all part of the celebrity environment they have chosen to live in.

If the two of them want serious security protection which can exclude determined paparazzi, then they need state backing for it. There's only a few places in the world where that is available to them, some of the most secure being a handful of palaces in and near London. That's assuming of course that they don't want to move to some place like North Korea.

anglo

LE
Where do I start?

You ship all that when you move house?

I just had a look through Google for the phrase "Prince Harry Meghan Markle drones" and the first couple of pages of results seem to be just entertainment rags and a few minor tabloids. Either the story is largely fabricated, or nobody cares, or both.

It's not unusual for PR flacks working for celebrities to exaggerate events and then call up various tabloid reporters and feed them the story in order to get their client's name in the news. You can't be a celebrity if nobody is talking about you. The story might be true, or it might be mostly fabrication with a small kernel of truth. Either way it's all part of the celebrity environment they have chosen to live in.

If the two of them want serious security protection which can exclude determined paparazzi, then they need state backing for it. There's only a few places in the world where that is available to them, some of the most secure being a handful of palaces in and near London. That's assuming of course that they don't want to move to some place like North Korea.
So, all this intrusion that Sparkles was complaining about is working out well in their new location? Pair of dumb ass’s...

theinventor

Old-Salt

Bet he wishes he hadn't sold those "shooting guns" now. Might have been able to have at least some small pleasure with those.

Bet he wishes he hadn't sold those "shooting guns" now. Might have been able to have at least some small pleasure with those.
Can't do that, the FAA has prosecuted people for shooting down drones, even ones spying on their sun bathing daughters.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

First post about Megan & Harry on ARRSE for nearly two weeks! Is this a record?
'Space Family Sussex'; courtesy of Elon Musks's SpaceX Dragon. The first family in space; all the publicity, without the annoying paparazzi, or oxygen outside of an artificial environment.

Where next?
It is reported locally that Tom Cruise (that well known superhero) is holed up in a luxury wing of the Scientology Headquarters in Sussex - plenty of room there for them and little Archie. After all, who would expect the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to actually go and live there?

Latest Threads