Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The one understands a life of service. The other just wants service at the click of her fingers.

No comparison.
I can only imagine how mortified she is about the damage Harry has done to the Royal Family's reputation by being suckered in by that horrible bit of kit from across the pond. Especially because she's spent her entire life trying to protect that standing with the public. The Royal family is on for some testing times once Her Maj is gone.

Said it before. The GWA needs to bin the attention whore and disappear into the wilds doing something worthwhile until he's once again regarded as a good egg.

It's the only shot at redemption left to him.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Said it before. The GWA needs to bin the attention whore and disappear into the wilds doing something worthwhile until he's once again regarded as a good egg.

It's the only shot at redemption left to him.
He probably knows that in his heart of hearts. Have you seen his eyes in the photos lately?

Mrs B noted same a few days ago.

Not a in a good place and going to get worse. Been sold, and wholly bought into, the grand delusion.
3xcellent. The atmosphere in their little LA ghetto-retreat must be a joy to behold. Perhaps he should have another chat with Greta - cheer him up a bit. And it may be wise to enter him into the next Invictus Games as a PTSD sufferer.

Prince Harry had his pick of the ladies
All would have given him babies
But despite being a Royal
He chose a gargoyle
Now there's no more Apaches
Or fancy dress parties
Because the Prince stuck his dick in Miss Markle
That was rather harsh.
However, you might owe me a key-board which is now filled with best Columbia roast percolated.
;)

Dressed as German Soldiers ? The Telegraph's defence correspondent has gone downhill
Unfortunately, the standard of journalism generally has become extremely poor, even in the so-called 'quality' papers. A lot of articles in The Times nowadays wouldn't look out of place in the DM or The Sun, especially the reviews.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately, the standard of journalism generally has become extremely poor, even in the so-called 'quality' papers. A lot of articles in The Times nowadays wouldn't look out of place in the DM or The Sun, especially the reviews.
When one considers the age of most of them it is not really surprising. The problem is that once they reach the age of maturity and see things differently they are replaced by cheaper young ones.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
He probably knows that in his heart of hearts. Have you seen his eyes in the photos lately?
Because he had support, loads of it. He was perhaps the most popular of the young royals as he was seen as irreverent and good-natured.

Per one of my previous posts, one only has to look at the deterioration in the relationship with his bother, and the point in time when that came about. ‘Point in time’ would appear to be a specific person.

It all seems to hinge on that person’s behaviour. ‘Behaviour’ perhaps being better described as ‘demands’.

Meghan can throw the racism accusation about as much as she likes but the reality is this: were racism involved, she would never have been allowed to marry into the family in the first place. That’s a cold, hard fact.

There will have been a LOT of behind-the-scenes effort to help try to make things work. The effective ambush by H&M*, with the news they were going, only underlines what we were dealing with.

Someone has been told that she can’t hijack a meal ticket (Sussex Royal now being defunct), or, rather, grab and personally use a brand with many hundreds of years of credibility to line her pockets or market her woke whims - whims that will change with fashion or, apparently, the chance of voiceover work (witness “I won’t set foot back in the States while Trump is still President.”).

Someone else is now left hanging on her coattails because, despite being affable, he’s got little else marketable. I’m not surprised at reports that the domestic environment is ‘tense’.

*A cut-price clothes store, rather aptly.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
When one considers the age of most of them it is not really surprising. The problem is that once they reach the age of maturity and see things differently they are replaced by cheaper young ones.
You been listening to 'Hot Metal'?

Because he had support, loads of it. He was perhaps the most popular of the young royals as he was seen as irreverent and good-natured.

Per one of my previous posts, one only has to look at the deterioration in the relationship with his bother, and the point in time when that came about. ‘Point in time’ would appear to be a specific person.

It all seems to hinge on that person’s behaviour. ‘Behaviour’ perhaps being better described as ‘demands’.

Meghan can throw the racism accusation about as much as she likes but the reality is this: were racism involved, she would never have been allowed to marry into the family in the first place. That’s a cold, hard fact.

There will have been a LOT of behind-the-scenes effort to help try to make things work. The effective ambush by H&M*, with the news they were going, only underlines what we were dealing with.

Someone has been told that she can’t hijack a meal ticket (Sussex Royal now being defunct), or, rather, grab and personally use a brand with many hundreds of years of credibility to line her pockets or market her woke whims - whims that will change with fashion or, apparently, the chance of voiceover work (witness “I won’t set foot back in the States while Trump is still President.”).

Someone else is now left hanging on her coattails because, despite being affable, he’s got little else marketable. I’m not surprised at reports that the domestic environment is ‘tense’.

*A cut-price clothes store, rather aptly.
There is still almost 6 weeks left for those who voted ‘two years‘ to feel smug!

I voted 8 years, but I can’t see it dragging on that long now. I don’t think they’ll even last 5. For the 33% who voted “life”, how many of you want to reconsider your vote now?
Depends does she go out alone very often and are there many tunnels near them

Just wondering how long it will be before one of them reports in as having 'coronavirus symptoms' - anything to get them back in the news again.

Chef

LE
Given the hand she had and the way she played it I'd say that events haven't helped at all. She bailed as soon as she could taking Harry with her, leaving snubs in all directions to her in-laws, the British public etc and was back in Hollywood toot sweet. So achieved her objective in American fast and furious fashion.

The result is she's in a country she vowed not to go to until Trump was gone which leaves her looking a bit of a pillock. Trump preempted the security request putting them on the back foot PR wise.

Hollywood is in lockdown and won't be using B-list ex TV actresses to front new films, I expect Miss Aniston will be remembered by producers for a very long time. When C-19 blows over she'll be such old news even Ralph McTell wouldn't sing about her.

Now consider if she'd played a slightly longer game:

If she'd hung around and been nice to the in-laws and spent a bit of time gritting her teeth she'd have been caught in the C-19 problems and been on this side of the pond waving at the sick and riff raff and playing the role of Diana in general.

Later this year she hoofs it to Hollywood with the British public cheering her on* and could probably have got a couple of films out of the experience plus a voice over on the film 'Britain could take it'

Instead a straight to video voice over on elephants which will be forgotten by the end of May**. If she hasn't sacked her advisors yet it should be on her to do list.

* Don't forget she was flavour of the month at the time of the weddiing and could have built on that easily.

** Excluding 'The living desert' How many Disney nature films can you name?

Latest Threads