Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PFGEN

GCM
Which of the native dancers will she play, or does she expect to take the Swedish missionary position?
An ominous choice of wording opening up several other film genres usually featuring ladies with much plastic enhancement in athletic encounters with a variety of headless male co-stars. At her age a string of films under one of the MILF labels should be real earner. Of course it might not come to that if she lands a job on one of the Japanese reality TV shows with Harry joining in as well.

Agreed, I've said before that she's an adequately good actress but to my mind lacks the quality of acting a la Dench or Planchett that raises her above the crowd. Neither does she have the 'star quality' that lights up a screen a la Roberts or Johanssen.
I'm just wondering what mental process has led her to believe that marrying a Prince of the House of Windsor somehow manages to bridge that gap and she will be in demand.
Maybe on chat shows.
Methinks that she is in for a dose of reality.

But then I also wonder how far this was in her mind from the beginning? Once she saw she wasn't cutting it as a princess, or before?
IMHO she is a jobbing actress, nothing special, hundreds of others out there could step into any role she has had and do just as well, if not better. It is the luck of the draw in la la land, who you blow know, where you are, who you're clique is, etc.

It seems that unlike Grace Kelly who gave up public acting upon marriage this one is more interested in a Me, Me, Me lifestyle.

Meghan Markle demands to work only with A-list directors
One could argue that MM had the most famous A list director in the world - HMQ, with roles aplenty to keep her occupied until her dying day.

Alternatively, living at Frogmore, they were less than 30 minutes drive from Pinewood.
I keep hearing that the UK film industry has some of the best technicians in the industry, and facilities on a par with Hollywood.

MM's argument holds no water.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
IMHO she is a jobbing actress, nothing special, hundreds of others out there could step into any role she has had and do just as well, if not better. It is the luck of the draw in la la land, who you blow know, where you are, who you're clique is, etc.

It seems that unlike Grace Kelly who gave up public acting upon marriage this one is more interested in a Me, Me, Me lifestyle.
Reading that, and maybe it's just the clarity of a couple of whiskies kicking in, it just underscores to me how Harry was/is just a useful step up. He's been gulled.

One could argue that MM had the most famous A list director in the world - HMQ, with roles aplenty to keep her occupied until her dying day.

Alternatively, living at Frogmore, they were less than 30 minutes drive from Pinewood.
I keep hearing that the UK film industry has some of the best technicians in the industry, and facilities on a par with Hollywood.

Quite a few top productions are filmed in the UK, or use UK sourced technical personnel, or post production facilities. If you look around la la land it is quite surprising the number of thespians who are not actually 'merican, many Aussies and Brits in evidence doing very good 'merican accents.

I reckon she will throw all pretence of morality out of the window and go full 'Paul Burell'.
Despite various aspects of her behavior now being recognised and obvious - I think a significant number of people will still seek to be see fighting her corner - purely on the basis that she uses race as something she primarily identifies by - and despite the fact she is paler than most white English females...she says she is bleck...and so it must be.

If she does star in a film it will be a hot potato-it will get the viewings because everyone will be eager to see it. If she is shit though-it will be her final one.

Both will probably end up with some sort of royalty-meets-Disney sinecure.

Dwarf

LE

I think it's more a case of perception. Hollywood is where it all happens. Hollywood is where you have to be if you want to be seen as one of the American 'royalty'.
If your royal meganess wants to be a queen in this royalty then that's where she needs to be. To be seen, to be in the public eye, in the American media, which wouldn't happen in the UK.

An ominous choice of wording opening up several other film genres usually featuring ladies with much plastic enhancement in athletic encounters with a variety of headless male co-stars. At her age a string of films under one of the MILF labels should be real earner. Of course it might not come to that if she lands a job on one of the Japanese reality TV shows with Harry joining in as well.
It's a Royal Knockout meets Endurance?

I can see it now
QA Spielberg / Hanks production of at home with P.G. Tips an Henry.
Meghan Markle takes you through the art of tea making with Prince Henry of Wales
"H" takes you through how he drunk a "brew" on the frontlines in Afghanistan.
Harry the first Royal in 100 years who knows how to operate a kettle opens up about the joy of P.G. Tips. as he and Meghan recreate the famous "Harry do you know the piano's on my foot sketch"
You sing it Megs ah'll um it luvver
On a par with Morecombe and Wise appearing in an episode of The Sweeney.

I think it's more a case of perception. Hollywood is where it all happens. Hollywood is where you have to be if you want to be seen as one of the American 'royalty'.
If your royal meganess wants to be a queen in this royalty then that's where she needs to be. To be seen, to be in the public eye, in the American media, which wouldn't happen in the UK.
Yep. Not arguing with that.
So its nothing to do with making films and being self sufficient is it?

Dwarf

LE
Yep. Not arguing with that.
So its nothing to do with making films and being self sufficient is it?
Whatever gave the impression that it might be?
At least Meghan has convinced her hubby that it is so. He's the only one that she needs to.
Now all she needs is that breakthrough film.

Endoscope

War Hero
You're all being too polite... shes a really shit actress. So wooden, a piece of 2 by 3 could do a better job. She has the acting equivalent of body dysmophia if she thinks shes an actress. Whatever she does is gonna bomb.

Whatever gave the impression that it might be?
At least Meghan has convinced her hubby that it is so. He's the only one that she needs to.
Now all she needs is that breakthrough film.
The latest losses in the Kennedy clan will surely lead to a TV movie, where a couple of youngsters from a famous family float away to show how they are the bee's knees, only to sink without trace. It only needs the biggest names in Tinsel town to be signed up, and it's Oscars all round.

Typecasting, or what ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
So Her Madge is going to address the nation today. Rumour has it she is going to pay tribute to Prince Charles and also to Prince William and Kate. Guess who isn’t going to get a mention, and if people think about him at all, will increasingly appear irrelevant having taken himself off and socially distanced himself from the nation in trying times.

Latest Threads