Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Bit of a small army though.
The way they're fighting looks less than agressive, or to use the technical term, "a bit dago."

so quite like our great war photos
the men all had full length puttees crossed leather bandoliers and such ? all studio photos.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Not forgetting the background drops , which looked like left overs from the Hackney Empire panto seaon.
You mean like these?
SoldierGroup.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

I believe that is true, you cannot escape the long avaricious arm of the IRS, :(

that's for sure, My son who moved with his job to the States & married an American bird, became a Yank now living with his family in a nice suburb of New Jersey, still owns & rents out a flat in London and pays tax on his income from the rental as well as his USA salary!

I’ve been meaning to ask about his tax status for a while. How far can the IRS (Or whatever the tax people are called.) delve into his family? Do they have a right to check out the income of his father? His Grandparents? Is Archie’s money (trust fund?) affected? Curious, no more than that.

Dwarf

LE
I’ve been meaning to ask about his tax status for a while. How far can the IRS (Or whatever the tax people are called.) delve into his family? Do they have a right to check out the income of his father? His Grandparents? Is Archie’s money (trust fund?) affected? Curious, no more than that.
1585849383756.png

woger wabbit

War Hero
No, the IRS con only surgically investigate all aspects of the person earnings not his nearest and dearest, the most feared message from the IRS is "we are carrying out an audit of your tax liabilities", this can be very painful as every aspect of your life is looked at in minutae and can include face to face interviews (bring all your supporting paperwork for the past x years) :eek:

Chef

LE
No, the IRS con only surgically investigate all aspects of the person earnings not his nearest and dearest, the most feared message from the IRS is "we are carrying out an audit of your tax liabilities", this can be very painful as every aspect of your life is looked at in minutae and can include face to face interviews (bring all your supporting paperwork for the past x years) :eek:
That could be interesting as I'd imagine that as an ex royal Mr Sussex has received many freebies over the years. Would he be liable to pay taxes on those items? I appreciate you're, probably, not a tax consultant but you may know.

My bold:- About 20 years ago I had to present myself and books at the tax office, being self employed, they tore into me, big time, as my wife was my secretary, I claimed her salary as legitimate expenses, they said the amount of work she did every week did not justify the cost, and so they dropped the amount I could pay her to £200 P/M, and claimed back the excess for the last 6 years,, I got a tax bill for £8000. As I had not held back any information, and had all books receipts and invoices to show, they dropped it to £800. I later found out the tax inspector receives 10% of the total paid, his bonus, The little shit who grilled me for two hours got £80 of my hard earned.

His office was on the 2nd floor, he was about 25, a permanent smug grin on his face, and I remember that I had an overpowering urge to punch his lights out, and throw him through the window. When I received the notice to pay, the Deadline was only 2 days away, if not paid, a 8% excess charge was added. I also received a transcript of everything said, by him, and me, the turds had recorded the whole interview, without warning, or telling me. Is it any wonder that the inland revenue are universally hated and despised.

Chef

LE
@A signaller Thanks for that.

OT. I had a similar, though happier, experience a while back when I was pulled up over a part time job delivering the local free paper. I'd stopped the job years earlier and had to get in touch with the paper's new owners to work out how much I'd received. The amount was the same as the one the tax office had. As I'd not claimed the married man's allowance for several years (admin is not my strong point) I ended up with a rebate, which was nice.

A mate of mine who I played dominos with was a tax inspector and said:

a) The amount in question was peanuts so the bloke was just clearing his desk.

b) If I was being honest and I was then that I'd probably just have to pay the back tax with no interest added and

c) Off his own bat he could add up to a 100% surcharge before having to seek authorisation. Which was an eye opener!

My mate also added that if I had any difficulties to let him know. Domino players, making the Masons look like a secret society since 1717.

4(T)

LE
My bold:- About 20 years ago I had to present myself and books at the tax office, being self employed, they tore into me, big time, as my wife was my secretary, I claimed her salary as legitimate expenses, they said the amount of work she did every week did not justify the cost, and so they dropped the amount I could pay her to £200 P/M, and claimed back the excess for the last 6 years,, I got a tax bill for £8000. As I had not held back any information, and had all books receipts and invoices to show, they dropped it to £800. I later found out the tax inspector receives 10% of the total paid, his bonus, The little shit who grilled me for two hours got £80 of my hard earned.

His office was on the 2nd floor, he was about 25, a permanent smug grin on his face, and I remember that I had an overpowering urge to punch his lights out, and throw him through the window. When I received the notice to pay, the Deadline was only 2 days away, if not paid, a 8% excess charge was added. I also received a transcript of everything said, by him, and me, the turds had recorded the whole interview, without warning, or telling me. Is it any wonder that the inland revenue are universally hated and despised.

Well, presumably they do it to all members of society, without prejudice or bias. E.g. all those self employed travellers, the unemployed urban yoof that own top end new cars, or the "communities" that operate their own internal economies and banking systems, or... etc

woger wabbit

War Hero
That could be interesting as I'd imagine that as an ex royal Mr Sussex has received many freebies over the years. Would he be liable to pay taxes on those items? I appreciate you're, probably, not a tax consultant but you may know.
If the IRS goes back far enough to pick up freebies on which tax has not been paid in the UK I suppose it is a possibility they may try to tax them. That is the limit of my knowledge.

UKTAP

LE
If the IRS goes back far enough to pick up freebies on which tax has not been paid in the UK I suppose it is a possibility they may try to tax them. That is the limit of my knowledge.
I hope it's made clear to the bluffing cúnts that Megxit means Megxit, and that the fúckers won't be getting a bean from the public purse, now that they no longer (ha!) contribute to the UK state.

Last edited:
Unless it is to do with The Church of Scientology in which case the big brave IRS shit themselves and run away.

Latest Threads