Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chef

LE
No problem, dad (Charles) will continue to support the idiot with funds for ever if necessary. :rolleyes:
I wonder how much of this will show up on Mr Sussex's tax returns? Also will HRH be happy if they do?

Sort of yes, depending if the country has a tax agreement with the USA.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
I also remember when I lived in the Middle East, the reason US expats were thin on the ground was the fact they got taxed by the motherland even in a tax free environment.

No problem, dad (Charles) will continue to support the idiot with funds for ever if necessary. :rolleyes:

Not forgetting the social climbers, sycophants, and arse lickers, who just had to have them over for dinner "Dahrlings".. The idiot blinkered septic " Aristocracy" will be falling over themselves to foster close relationships with English royalty, however much they down play it. Edward and Mrs Simpson are a good example. same scenario, different decade. The yank media will milk it dry, from every angle they can. then drop it as soon as their star status fades.

Chef

LE
I thought that as a US resident, your full wealth worldwide is open game for the IRS, rather just what's earned while there.
I believe that is the case, so if Mr Sussex is getting dosh from dad to sort out his security detail then he may get taxed on that. Of course if the bank of dad helps pay that tax bill Mr Sussex will then get taxed on that income and so on ad infinitum.

Which may have a bearing on whether or not the young lad is deemed a burden n the US taxpayer and also why I wonder if HRH will want the US tax authorities rooting through his finances albeit indirectly. With Prince Andrew not being flavour of the month that may be problematical.

Come to think of it Meghan is related by marriage to Andrew which might not be a plus in the #metoo society that is Hollywood.

Have we solid evidence for that?
I'm not being argumentative, I want it to be true; but I need to know that it is true.

Its only the mail BUT it shows the interview where she said it ...
snip "Markle said 'I might just stay in Canada' if the billionaire wins"

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I believe that is the case, so if Mr Sussex is getting dosh from dad to sort out his security detail then he may get taxed on that. Of course if the bank of dad helps pay that tax bill Mr Sussex will then get taxed on that income and so on ad infinitum.

Which may have a bearing on whether or not the young lad is deemed a burden n the US taxpayer and also why I wonder if HRH will want the US tax authorities rooting through his finances albeit indirectly. With Prince Andrew not being flavour of the month that may be problematical.

Come to think of it Meghan is related by marriage to Andrew which might not be a plus in the #metoo society that is Hollywood.
The excellent is for your final paragraph.

Chef

LE
The excellent is for your final paragraph.
We thank you from the bottom of our ego:cool:

It occurred to me as I wrote the post that :

a) Hollywood is all about image and who knows who

b) 'You're only as good as your last show' is a Hollywood truism

c) I think Mr Sussex and HRH must be neck and neck for media coverage and with Meghan decrying Trump, who has a lot of movie going fans and HRH being wanted by the FBI it's a toss up as to Meghan's connections with the Royals is a good or bad thing.

just curious
would that ammo slung across the shoulders actually fit those rifles?
No.
The belts are probably 7x57mm Mauser.
The rifles, 44-40 or 38-40 Win?
But either or both could be photography props.

edit for ?

Last edited:
No.
The belts are probably 7x57mm Mauser.
The rifles, 44-40 or 38-40 Win?
But either or both could be photography props.

edit for ?
That is a good point about photography props. Getting your photo taken in those days was a major event, and not usually something done casually.

Photography studios often provided a selection of props. In that time and place that may include a selection of guns and ammunition belts. The photographer would present a selection of guns and ask "which of these guns would you like to be photographed with?" The answer more often then not seemed to be "all of them!"

Take Victorian period studio photographs with a grain of salt when it comes to being evidence of what people wore or carried about in normal life.

Capture.PNG

Pancho Villa with the revolutionary army fighting dictator Huerta.
Belt loops full (bandoliers) and bolt action rifles, for the most part.

Latest Threads