Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They fucked the Queen off
Slagged POTUS off,

Whats next calling Putin a gaylord or something ?
And an unannounced visit (poor form) from Mr. Novichok should follow not soon after.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
(Edited for brevity)

I think you've been quite nice to young Harry, but I would also say you sound like Meghan's agent for optimism.

The voice over while bringing in some welcome cash is hardly a major production, firstly it's being released as a package with another documentary about dolphins, secondly the publicity it's being given is subdued to say the least and thirdly, live action Disney nature docs aren't really what gets your name out to the public unless it's already known. (I'll give you hers is known but I suspect that Disney may be hedging their bets, if it does take off trebles all round. If it sinks, bye Meghan).

There are indeed thousands of American 'royalty' and they come and go with no sense of permanence. Who would you say is US 'royalty' this year?

Meghan is a reasonably well known TV actress, but superstardom? I don't think so 'Suits' was/is no 'Friends' nobody goes to the hairdresser and asks for a 'Markle'. People did ask for a 'Rachael' and look where Ms Aniston is now, reasonably wealthy but nowhere near the superstar bracket. Or Madonna (in Hollywood) for that matter.

'She could be queen' Not while Oprah is alive or there's the chance that Miss Collins might be in town. I don't think she even qualifies as pretender to the throne so it's optimistic to say she's set for queendom, Angelina Jolie
Meryl Streep,, Scarlett Johansen, Jennifer Lawrence are way in front of her with bodies of film work and box office potential come to think of it Gwyneth Paltrow:eek:.

On which subject she's been in the trade from her teens and has been in a few films, none of which made an impression at the time so she has a track record but not one to inspire confidence.

I'd say her USP is the Windsor connection and that has a short shelf life.
I suspect that the combined British royalty (the Yanks don't follow the minutiae) and race card is one that Markle will know how to play and she's had a while to ponder how to do so. I doubt her future is as a movie star with the power to open blockbusters (she's too old for a start) but she's a shoe-in for daytime/soft documentaries and the role of Heir Apparent to the sainted Oprah has to be in her sights.

Sadly I believe that it is time for this search to end, I don't think any more can be achieved by continuing.
I sometimes think that Maddie given the age she is now and assuming she can read
would have come out and said coo ee!! everybody it's me.
but then again the dead can't talk.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm genuinely not convinced she's talented enough.
She'd be a figurehead and a very high powered marketing team would build the myth around her.

And I bet she'd be a right myth.

Chef

LE
I suspect that the combined British royalty (the Yanks don't follow the minutiae) and race card is one that Markle will know how to play and she's had a while to ponder how to do so. I doubt her future is as a movie star with the power to open blockbusters (she's too old for a start) but she's a shoe-in for daytime/soft documentaries and the role of Heir Apparent to the sainted Oprah has to be in her sights.
She'd have to transition from B list actress to chat show and she's no Graham Norton plus Ellen DeGeneres may have something to say about that.

And that would be a very depressing thing to see happen. The ego would be the size of a nebula.
Could we tell the difference?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
She'd have to transition from B list actress to chat show and she's no Graham Norton plus Ellen DeGeneres may have something to say about that.

Could we tell the difference?
Ellen DeGeneres is, apparently, 62 and not the first BAME in the British Royal Family or mother of the seventh in line to become King of Englandshire. In boxing terms it's a no-contest.

If they can make something out of the Kardashians they can do it with Meghan.

...which is probably the most horrifying outcome. Can't she just be a caring mommy; raise a few larvae, try not to write a book about how she did it and another one on her Troubles?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
...which is probably the most horrifying outcome. Can't she just be a caring mommy; raise a few larvae, try not to write a book about how she did it and another one on her Troubles?
I think she's genetically programmed to disapprove of things and tell everyone else what to do. In fact, an ideal TV presenter.

Ellen DeGeneres is, apparently, 62 and not the first BAME in the British Royal Family or mother of the seventh in line to become King of Englandshire. In boxing terms it's a no-contest.

Interesting point. Does the lesbionic card trump the race card in this the most woke of all industries

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads