Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JackSofty

War Hero
Apologies if this has been posted before but this popped up on my ARRSE page and... wot the fokk?....

Has anybody clicked to reveal the 'powerful message'?

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Naturalisation is for citizenship. 3 years residence if married to a us citizen or 5 years if just a regular green card holder.
So he's unlikely to have to give up a title just for residency ?

But that might mean the Daily Star had printed a made up non-story !
How could that happen ?

So he's unlikely to have to give up a title just for residency ?

But that might mean the Daily Star had printed a made up non-story !
How could that happen ?
Nope just for citizenship but granny, dad or brother, whoever is in charge can give them back after the naturalisation ceremony and it's all legal.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Apologies if this has been posted before but this popped up on my ARRSE page and... wot the fokk?....

Has anybody clicked to reveal the 'powerful message'?

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds
Powerful message reads:
(Misquoting a very old joke)

'I've got one of these, and with that I can get as many very rich and useful ones of those as I like.'

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I really don't think that the US is going to be in the mood to be indulgent (in security costs) of these two to the extent of giving them more than is being given to the humblest Covid19 victim.
Their current dollar-worth will probably keep them going for their lifetimes. It had better; I suspect that the present global emergency is going to squash the pink frilly clouds surrounding 'celebrity', and that attitudes in the aftermath will be a great deal more caustic toward people in the developed nations who are not actually and solidly productive.

That's fine by me, as I thought Markle a drag on 'Suits' and a likely drag on any other filmic production she graced with her 'acting'. Harry, on the other hand, is the very benchmark for PW.
It's been very noticeable these last few weeks how the reality TV and all the other vacuous wastes-of-space have completely disappeared.

The next couple of editions of Hello are going to look like a brand-new artist's sketchpad, what with all those blank pages.

Clouds and silver linings...

woger wabbit

War Hero
If it all goes tits up she holds all the cards. Tell all book deal, tour of the chat shows and the film of her life as the US Princess.
Here's hoping Harry doesn't loose his rag and give her the short answer.
Must not forget though that little Archie will be in the middle if she does go for the nuclear option.

Prince Harry was 'devastated' at having to give up his army post Prince Harry was 'devastated' at having to give up his army post

I worry for him when I read stuff like the above.

How can you retreat from public life but still be Captain general of the marines or any other public profile role?

Who actually was advising him on this? Because they are pretty sh*t.

For anyone who has been a troop commander or senior. I'm sure that you are all recognising the pattern here...

UKTAP

LE
Prince Harry was 'devastated' at having to give up his army post Prince Harry was 'devastated' at having to give up his army post

I worry for him when I read stuff like the above.

How can you retreat from public life but still be Captain general of the marines or any other public profile role?

Who actually was advising him on this? Because they are pretty sh*t.

For anyone who has been a troop commander or senior. I'm sure that you are all recognising the pattern here...
Maybe if when he was 'in' the Army, he should have spent a bit more time doing and learning, rather than swanning around looking for photo opportunities.

He might have seen this one coming if he hadn't spent his whole life being spoonfed every desire he so wished.

Now he's pissed Granny off and he is no longer on the gravy train, he's in or a hell of a fall, considering his lack o IQ or life experience...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Now he's pissed Granny off and he is no longer on the gravy train, he's in or a hell of a fall, considering his lack o IQ or life experience...
You know him personally then ?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Not unlike his father......

Look how that worked out.
And his grandmother the late princess of hearts. She and her brother were the subjects of an extremely acrimonious and highly public custody battle.

Chef

LE
I quite liked the legging it in a private jet, (very green Greta would approve), in order to take advantage of the large support network they'll have in Hollywood: PR reps business advisers and the like. Who all have to be paid. Unlike a support network of parents and assorted relatives who do it from love and duty.

@Roti's verse put me in mind of this:

L.A. is a great big freeway.
Put a hundred down and buy a car.
In a week, maybe two, they'll make you a star
Weeks turn into years. How quick they pass
And all the stars that never were
Are parking cars and pumping gas .

Latest Threads