Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When they decided that they were going to 'step back' from royal engagements and have a private life...

What did they think was going to happen?

They'd keep titles, and the like. Security tab picked up by tax payers. They could pop in and play at royalty when they fancied. They could use their royal positions for their own causes.

What did they have on the cornflakes that day? Crack?
Obviously yes.

Chalkythedog

Old-Salt
I’m also finding it difficult to understand the level of hostility aimed at Harry in here. Always seemed a decent sort to me and I too hope it works out for him. Can’t say I have as much respect for his woke other half though, so I guess I’m a racist.
It's pretty obvious he's a man of straw. From allegations of cheating at school, and doubts about whether he has the intellect to gain entry to Eton or Sandhurst without his privilege of birth. Then there's the army service. He didn't do two tours in Afghan - he did one and a bit. The first was cut short, and in the second he was not an Apache pilot, he was a gunner. 'His' Invictus Games are not 'his' at all. The idea originated in America. He, or likely his team, merely lifted it and brought it over here. Then there's the preference for showbiz events over a memorial for marines, even though he was Captain General at the time. Propositioning a Disney exec at a social event, bleating about the environment and then jumping into private jets. Etc.,etc., etc. Is that enough?

It's pretty obvious he's a man of straw. From allegations of cheating at school, and doubts about whether he has the intellect to gain entry to Eton or Sandhurst without his privilege of birth. Then there's the army service. He didn't do two tours in Afghan - he did one and a bit. The first was cut short, and in the second he was not an Apache pilot, he was a gunner. 'His' Invictus Games are not 'his' at all. The idea originated in America. He, or likely his team, merely lifted it and brought it over here. Then there's the preference for showbiz events over a memorial for marines, even though he was Captain General at the time. Propositioning a Disney exec at a social event, bleating about the environment and then jumping into private jets. Etc.,etc., etc. Is that enough?
It's certainly a good start.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
And just when it seemed that things couldn't get any worse:

Can't help feeling that some of the smug 'Palace Insiders' talking about how good they are at preventing this sort of thing forgot about HMQ being caught out during the Quebec independence referendum.

Tomorrow's going to be interesting.

woger wabbit

War Hero

Can't help feeling that some of the smug 'Palace Insiders' talking about how good they are at preventing this sort of thing forgot about HMQ being caught out during the Quebec independence referendum.

I don't know this one, do tell

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

woger wabbit

War Hero
a. The article is self explanatory;
b. Its been all over the media;
c. Even if you cba to read the article, and haven't had access to the world's media, is google disabled on your computer?
.I was referring to the Quebec referendum not the post about Harry

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

Maybe one of those 'smug Palace Insiders' set him up!;)

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads