Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You never fail to disappoint.... 10 minutes to dismiss. slightly longer than a mere 3,2,1 I s'pose... Are you touching yourself while you respond to these threads?
Thats right mate, no one has noticed that you actually lied.
How stupid are you to state something then back it up with nothing?

MOD comment - give the tedious handbagging a rest.
Id be quite content if any of them would actually back up with a credible source for what they claim.
I can see why the Daily Mail links arent allowed on other parts of the site.

The_Duke

LE
Id be quite content if any of them would actually back up with a credible source for what they claim.
I can see why the Daily Mail links arent allowed on other parts of the site.
Just give it a rest. You wouldn’t care if they did, didn’t or turned into a cheese sandwich - you would still argue the toss, because that is all you do.

I know you are not that bright.....
You don't know that... Can you provide a link to back up that statement?

....I mean I know that and my wife knows that, but you can't possibly know that...

Deserter

On ROPS
On ROPs
Harry and his wife must think they are fucking invisible, the queen has sacked them the canadians have off loaded them and the british public hate them....and he still thinks he can fool us with a pretend job at some charity....have they truly no shame.

Nice to see the Canadian government has actually paid attention to the people and is not footing the bill for Harry and co and they’ll get the same consideration as other B list celebrities. Now they can do whatever they wish for all l care since it’s not going to costing me a penny.....
The headlines say one thing, but the actual statement from the government is a bit more vague. Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said that the RCMP had been helping the UK Met Police provide security under their status as "Internationally Protected Persons" (i.e. as government officials), but that assistance will end "in the coming weeks". That doesn't however preclude either covering some of the costs of the Met Police security, or providing assistance under some other status. There's still a lot of room for manoeuvre when you parse his words out carefully.
Canada will not pay for Prince Harry and Meghan's security after March
Blair's department sent a statement to CBC News Thursday morning.

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex choosing to relocate to Canada on a part-time basis presented our government with a unique and unprecedented set of circumstances," it reads. "The RCMP has been engaged with officials in the U.K. from the very beginning regarding security considerations.

"As the Duke and Duchess are currently recognized as Internationally Protected Persons, Canada has an obligation to provide security assistance on an as-needed basis. At the request of the Metropolitan Police, the RCMP has been providing assistance to the Met since the arrival of the Duke and Duchess to Canada intermittently since November 2019. The assistance will cease in the coming weeks, in keeping with their change in status."
The $20 million per year security costs estimates by the way come from assumptions that a large security force will need to be available 24/7 to jet about the world on short notice, and a large part of that is their travel, accommodation, and dining at whatever hotels and restaurants the couple choose to attend, and also to provide perimeter security at events. If the two stay at home most of the time and live quietly, then the bills would only be a fraction of this size. If they attend paid events, then the event hosts could pay for supplementary security for the location as a whole while the Met Police provide a small number of close protection personnel.

This would, perhaps not coincidentally, be yet a shorter leash on where the two can go and what they can do. If they genuinely want to lead a quiet life in seclusion on Vancouver Island (or wherever), then security isn't going to cost a huge amount of money. It's when they start venturing out and attending big events that the security bills would begin to mount, and if they have to either pay that themselves or find a host willing to pay, then that will limit their mobility somewhat.

So, life as a 21st century remittance man is not going to cost a lot. It's being jet setting international celebrity that would be expensive for them. I would not be surprised if this is exactly as desired by the Palace.

The headlines say one thing, but the actual statement from the government is a bit more vague. Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said that the RCMP had been helping the UK Met Police provide security under their status as "Internationally Protected Persons" (i.e. as government officials), but that assistance will end "in the coming weeks". That doesn't however preclude either covering some of the costs of the Met Police security, or providing assistance under some other status. There's still a lot of room for manoeuvre when you parse his words out carefully.
Canada will not pay for Prince Harry and Meghan's security after March

The $20 million per year security costs estimates by the way come from assumptions that a large security force will need to be available 24/7 to jet about the world on short notice, and a large part of that is their travel, accommodation, and dining at whatever hotels and restaurants the couple choose to attend, and also to provide perimeter security at events. If the two stay at home most of the time and live quietly, then the bills would only be a fraction of this size. If they attend paid events, then the event hosts could pay for supplementary security for the location as a whole while the Met Police provide a small number of close protection personnel.

This would, perhaps not coincidentally, be yet a shorter leash on where the two can go and what they can do. If they genuinely want to lead a quiet life in seclusion on Vancouver Island (or wherever), then security isn't going to cost a huge amount of money. It's when they start venturing out and attending big events that the security bills would begin to mount, and if they have to either pay that themselves or find a host willing to pay, then that will limit their mobility somewhat.

So, life as a 21st century remittance man is not going to cost a lot. It's being jet setting international celebrity that would be expensive for them. I would not be surprised if this is exactly as desired by the Palace.
Justin and the boys are already not very popular these days, especially with anyone who takes the train, if they are indeed doing double speak over funding Harry, they will pay a toll in one form or another.

Last edited:
Justin and the boys are already not very popular these day, especially with anyone who takes the train, if they are indeed doing double speak over funding Harry, they will pay a toll in one form or another.
Blair's statement looks like it was prepared by one of his assistants to fill space and not answer questions. I would not be surprised if the matter has not seen cabinet discussion and won't until it emerges as a big enough problem. I suspect that security arrangements for the royal couple have been well down on the "things I need to worry about today" list for both Blair and Trudeau for some time now, given what else they have on their plates.

If you read the news story you will see mention that Blair previously had to correct himself on the issue, as he simply was not aware of how the RCMP had been handling the matter without consulting him. As I've already said, I think think it's well down on the priority for government attention right now.

As I have previously implied, I would not be surprised if direction from the UK on this has been to let the UK handle the situation for now, and for us to keep our noses out of it as much as possible. Security is one of the handles the Palace still has on the wandering couple, and they may be wanting to keep a firm grip on it without having us interfering or letting the couple play off the Met Police against the RCMP.

Justin and the boys are already not very popular these day, especially with anyone who takes the train, if they are indeed doing double speak over funding Harry, they will pay a toll in one form or another.
Do you not think that Harrys security costs are way down the list of priorities when in comes to hating Trudeau?

Do you not think that Harrys security costs are way down the list of priorities when in comes to hating Trudeau?
Not if you wish to speak openly and not be labeled a racist, it’s a safe subject overall compared to others when it comes to criticizing Justin.

I'm not going in to a long explanation about Canadian politics, as explaining it adequately would take hours. Long story short though is Ottawa have a number of problems they are juggling at the moment, and the trials and tribulations of Harry and Meghan almost never reach the headlines here, this current statement being one of the exceptions.

MPs from the major parties were questioned by the press in the lobby of the House of Commons today, the foreign affairs minister knew almost nothing about it, the NDP spokesman waffled to fill space as he had nothing to say, and the Conservative spokesman talked around it and avoided saying anything connected with it. They really didn't seem to see it as something worth talking about.

The government genuinely has other problems that are far, far, more important to be looking at solving, and Trudeau's future will hinge on how he handles those, not the security arrangements for a wandering royal couple.

To add to the above, Trudeau is juggling at least three major crises at the moment, any of which could sink his minority government, but Harry and Meghan aren't one of them.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
<Readies himself for a dismissive comment from Stacker of "Fake news...bollocks... do you believe everything online?" in 3...2...1...>
Kind of difficult to provide irrefutable proof for you when her team of advisers spent so much time erasing her entire previous social media profile of any controversial comment when the Royal marriage was developing. Believe what you want to believe. I get this itch, this Sixth Sense if you will, that she may have been one of the Trump haters from the Hilary Clinton camp back in the day who would have been inclined to say such a thing...
I love that people will now vote for Trump to keep her out.

Hahahaha!!!

I love that people will now vote for Trump to keep her out.

Hahahaha!!!
Only if they are stupid enough to believe something that the tabloids have made up

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Another halfway decent thread damaged by the halfwit mentality.

Heigh ho, time to look at another thread where there may be somewhat more dedicated, serious writers.

Another halfway decent thread damaged by the halfwit mentality.

Heigh ho, time to look at another thread where there may be somewhat more dedicated, serious writers.
Decent? All I see if people getting angry because the newspapers have made something up.