Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
True and that hair didn't straighten itself magically either.
Do you mean she is culturally appropriating form Caucasians?

You are trying to use what you consider to be a connection with the “inside track” to give weight to your own skewed views. Presumably your mate is a bit of a dick if he went out drinking with people he despised? Or are you telling fibs about something you know fuckall about?
In reality a guy from the press hall knows (and knew) as much about editorial decisions and strategy as the man in the street.
And yes, I’ve got no problems with your blinding revelation that newspapers lie- some more than others... and as they are businesses it would be odd if they didn’t aim to turn a profit.
But it’s naive idiocy to imply that newspapers lie all the time.
I was answering someone who said "Having done a sub-editing course some years ago with a former Fleet Street sub"

Why would he have despised them? Its their job, do you think everyone in the newspaper industry hates each other, when he was working, he changed employers several times. He said Rupert Murdoch even came down to the shop floor when he worked at the NOW or Sun (and did manual work) do you think he gave a shit so long as they paid him?

He certainly knew which direction the editor was going to go. The journalists would say something minor happened and the next edition made it bigger than Ben Hur.

Most of the Newspapers lie all the time (or exaggerate) If people want better news, they would look at BBC/SKY online, instant news of a slightly higher standard than the newspapers. The great British public arent really interested in most news though, they want scandal and outrage, its much more interesting. Hence why two rival newspaper can report the same story in two different ways.

No I did not. I have him on ignore due to being ridiculous.
As ridiculous as saying a woman who had a nose job cant be be proud of her colour? All the white birds who have nose jobs must errrrr hate being white or something.

I was answering someone who said "Having done a sub-editing course some years ago with a former Fleet Street sub"
Yeah, you answered with a complete irrelevance. A former Fleet Street sub would have a good grasp of the machinations of the average news room and an intimate appreciation of the standards and editorial direction of his own newspaper at the time he was there. A bloke who worked in the press hall? Not so much.
Why would he have despised them? Its their job, do you think everyone in the newspaper industry hates each other, when he was working, he changed employers several times. He said Rupert Murdoch even came down to the shop floor when he worked at the NOW or Sun (and did manual work) do you think he gave a shit so long as they paid him?
More waffle. Why do I think your mate despised the editorial team? You said:- “He went out drinking with with all members of the firm. I'm pretty sure he and everyone else in the trade were fully aware of the bollocks they printed.”
So he thought that their stories were bollocks? I know a few reporters at all sorts of organisations and if someone opined that their stories were bollocks, they’d not be drinking with them.
Those old press guys- when the press was in the same building as the editorial department- were usually pretty proud of their product. Lucky for you eh- your mate was an exception who you can mention in order to back up the crap you’re spouting?
He certainly knew which direction the editor was going to go. The journalists would say something minor happened and the next edition made it bigger than Ben Hur.
Duh? 95% of people who buy a particular newspaper know what direction its editor will take.
As for the second sentence- really? A bit non-specific mate- a bit of a generalisation. How often did this minor thing become a mythical “bigger than Ben Hur” thing? It would be an embarrassed journo who had to be told that the minor thing he’d mentioned was the next day’s splash. Lucky they confided in your mate though eh?
Most of the Newspapers lie all the time (or exaggerate) If people want better news, they would look at BBC/SKY online, instant news of a slightly higher standard than the newspapers. The great British public aren’t really interested in most news though, they want scandal and outrage, its much more interesting. Hence why two rival newspaper can report the same story in two different ways.
That is a weird mix of comedy, laughable naivety and hypocrisy. Take your first sentence: do you think it’s not an exaggeration to say “Most newspapers lie all the time”?
:)
Fact is Stacker, it’s ironic that your posts are more made-up bolleaux, exaggeration, bitter tears, and downright untruths than a newsagent’s worth of tabloids.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I think William knows his brother well enough and understands how their paths will separate over the next decade or so. The reality is that Harry is not part of the inner circle of monarch and direct heirs and never will be now. William has his heir and two spares.

Personally I’d rather see Harry plough his own furrow than become another Andrew.
I blame the Army

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I think you’ll find that the Governor General of Canada has to be a Canadian citizen.
Yeah the Queen's grandson has no chance of getting one.

At the end of the day, who gives a toss about a bunch of Arrsers gossiping and commenting? It's their lives and they chose their direction...your comments won't matter to a bit. Might as well comment and argue about your individual private marriage lives.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
At the end of the day, who gives a toss about a bunch of Arrsers gossiping and commenting? It's their lives and they chose their direction...your comments won't matter to a bit. Might as well comment and argue about your individual private marriage lives.
Did you say something????

Charles currently doing great business with the Duchy of Cornwall Estate which make a tidy profit.
Among others the The Oval Cricket Ground & the Sicily Islands among a bit he owns.
Be a nice little earner for William & of course the Prince of Wales gig which is probably good.

And then the rest of the estate Harry was lined up for, he now gets sweet fcuk all, good move megan!
When it dawns on the ginger nut he has lost out sure the marriage will be as steady as the belgrano was!
Maybe that was the Queens plan, in removing various titles etc...
Ensuring Financial safety in the event of a possible upcoming divorce?

It begs the question why you are here. You used to be a decent poster, but seem to have had a personality transplant since relocating to wherever you are now.

Yeah, you answered with a complete irrelevance. A former Fleet Street sub would have a good grasp of the machinations of the average news room and an intimate appreciation of the standards and editorial direction of his own newspaper at the time he was there. A bloke who worked in the press hall? Not so much.
You seriously believe the lawyers give a fuck unless the company will be sued? Have you not read any tabloids for the last 40 years?

More waffle. Why do I think your mate despised the editorial team? You said:- “He went out drinking with with all members of the firm. I'm pretty sure he and everyone else in the trade were fully aware of the bollocks they printed.”
So he thought that their stories were bollocks? I know a few reporters at all sorts of organisations and if someone opined that their stories were bollocks, they’d not be drinking with them.
Those old press guys- when the press was in the same building as the editorial department- were usually pretty proud of their product. Lucky for you eh- your mate was an exception who you can mention in order to back up the crap you’re spouting?
Of course there stories were bollocks, once again do you not read the tabloids? Its a job, not some noble profession where the truth is upheld.
Heres some blasts from the past

Not to mention the phone hacking, or Iraqi torture photos

Fucking proud? Are you on meds? Seriously you think newspaper workers are "proud" of that shite?
They know, like everyone (apart from you) that they are there to make money not provide the truth.

Duh? 95% of people who buy a particular newspaper know what direction its editor will take.
As for the second sentence- really? A bit non-specific mate- a bit of a generalisation. How often did this minor thing become a mythical “bigger than Ben Hur” thing? It would be an embarrassed journo who had to be told that the minor thing he’d mentioned was the next day’s splash. Lucky they confided in your mate though eh?
Its standard, how many times have you seen a story about an Army tank? There was a great story about 20 years ago about a missing super weapon, one that could blow a brick apart. It was an SA80A1
Confided? They all knew, do you think they cared? What was going to happen to them? Fuck all.
Embarrassed that they were being paid? Yeah I bet they wept that they wouldnt get a Pulitzer , right before producing another ground breaking story about Kerry Katona, Jordan, Daniella Westbrook or some footballer poking a tart 5 times a night.

That is a weird mix of comedy, laughable naivety and hypocrisy. Take your first sentence: do you think it’s not an exaggeration to say “Most newspapers lie all the time”?
:)
Fact is Stacker, it’s ironic that your posts are more made-up bolleaux, exaggeration, bitter tears, and downright untruths than a newsagent’s worth of tabloids.

No its not an exaggeration. Real life is boring the majority of the time, so journalists make up shite, thats why Sky/BBC usually have a different slant on the same story that newspapers as well as a different slant to each other. How is it possible that you have never noticed that?

Are you an "aspiring" journalist? Is that why you are so defensive of the shit that they spout?
Or is it you are just one the many ARRSE members who rushes in with a link to the Daily Mail thinking that the headlines are gospel?

It begs the question why you are here. You used to be a decent poster, but seem to have had a personality transplant since relocating to wherever you are now.
Why? I've been here for almost 10 years?

I always question rationale.....and the moronic assumptions..

Morning, off to work.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Why? I've been here for almost 10 years?

I always question rationale.....and the moronic assumptions..

Morning, off to work.
Opps

Latest Threads