Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, he could do a "Harry". However the evidence is that the Royals in the direct succession are committed to the institution of monarchy and their implicit duties therein.

The evidence is based on stuff that happened decades ago. The Kings/Queens used to do lots of things that are no longer practiced (or have changed).

Yes, he could do a "Harry". However the evidence is that the Royals in the direct succession are committed to the institution of monarchy and their implicit duties therein.
Or the graspers know when they are on to a good thing and don't want to upset that particular little gravy train.

Yes and I might turn into a bumble bee. As usual you are trying to deflect a contrary comment on your original post with some googled mumbo jumbo with a bit of pseudo science thrown in.
I didn’t see your comment as being “contrary“. It is worthy of counter comment through. Irrespective of his parents longevity, the most probable outcome is that Charles dies before he is 90.

I stand by my original comment; Charles’ monarchy is likely to be insignificant. His reign will be spent as a very old man.

Bob65

Old-Salt
The point is that its not up to someone to give him a choice. The succession is automatic, and its his duty to maintain the continuity. The Royals do not see the monarchy as a personal possession or something that they can reform at will - I expect HM herself absolutely believes in her coronation vows, and accepts the Hierarchy of God, Monarchy and State that she was entrusted with.
He could choose to transition immediately to the role of “king father” surely. With the Harry and Andrew situations the Windsors are in uncharted waters already, it’s time for a bold move. Or bury their heads in the sand and hope it blows over.

He could choose to transition immediately to the role of “king father” surely. With the Harry and Andrew situations the Windsors are in uncharted waters already, it’s time for a bold move. Or bury their heads in the sand and hope it blows over.
Or he could literally transition and become Queen Charlie, he would be untouchable from the press then and the woke massive

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Harry to see the light, realise that he is no longer liked by the military & will ditch the yank bitch.
He suddenly realises Megan is a gold digger & would sell used loo paper if she thought it was worth $$.

But sadly she will use her body to capture harry, who sadly has less creditably with the military & uk joe public than pizza Andy has.

I stand by my original comment; Charles’ monarchy is likely to be insignificant. His reign will be spent as a very old man.
But that is not your original post is it Bob? What you said was:

I think Charles’ reign will be a brief irrelevance.
So what you actually said was it would be short

He could well be over 75, even nearing 80 at his coronation. He could well have little opportunity to build a reign of significance.
And it would be short and he would be likely to die soon after Coronation. Now that's a fair enough assumption but I disputed that assumption by pointing out the opposite was equally possible.

Imagine Williams's face if he realises he might be 60 or 70 before it's his turn ;-)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I didn’t see your comment as being “contrary“. It is worthy of counter comment through. Irrespective of his parents longevity, the most probable outcome is that Charles dies before he is 90.

Edward VII all over again.

Gosh, something 'new' - tabloidphobia, a cousin of coronavirus maybe
(isolate him somebody, quickly please)
Gosh, Sonofgreenfinch doesnt seem to like me pointing out that people keep believing what ever the tabloids print.
Possibly because hes the type of bellthronk to believe whatever the tabloids print.

Edward VII all over again.
Insignificant and useless?

He played an active role in reforming the military, initiated an army medical service and has a major role in building modern Dreadnought Battleships. He helped negotiate the Triple Entente amid Britain, France, and Russia.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Insignificant and useless?

He played an active role in reforming the military, initiated an army medical service and has a major role in building modern Dreadnought Battleships. He helped negotiate the Triple Entente amid Britain, France, and Russia.
I meant inheriting the throne late and having a short reign.

He was a good, reforming King, which I omitted. The good relationships he built internationally certainly did us some good (and were immensely profitable for the Madames of Paris).

I meant inheriting the throne late and having a short reign.

He was a good, reforming King, which I omitted. The good relationships he built internationally certainly did us some good (and were immensely profitable for the Madames of Paris).
Yeah, I know, but it is a slow morning :)

What if the choices are

• You will be king, but you will be the last king as you know it and the monarchy after you will continue in name only as it has in various European countries
  • You will have to pass it straight to your son, but the monarchy will be revitalised and continue as it is in perpetuity
As I understand it, if Charles declines the monarchy or abdicates he does so for his entire line. That means Andrew would become king.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
That's pretty much where I'm coming from but it doesn't really fit into the idea that most people want to have of the British press.

See the BBC thread for example!
Taking measures to avoid a law suit and expensive damages for libel/slander/general defamation etc doesn't necessarily make an organisation a pluralist well-spring of impartial news selection and dissemination.

That said, I'm sure that you have sound reasons for promoting the Daily Mail as the Gold Standard of journalistic excellence... ;-)

Or he could literally transition and become Queen Charlie, he would be untouchable from the press then and the woke massive
I'd like to see him go loopy-loo and self-identify as a ham sandwich. Charles III - madder than mad Jack McMad would be a soap opera worth watching.

Latest Threads