Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This reminded me of the way Danny Baker was sacked by the BBC for posting a photo of a chimpanzee.
He thought he was untouchable, or that it was "harmless banter", whatever. He got sacked because ridiculing someone's skin colour is (guess what) the sign of a racist. Personally, I thought he should have been sacked long before for being an unfunny and generally irritating pr!ck, but hey ho... (enough people have said that about me, but then I don't have a radio audience)

After making a big deal about how much of a football supporter he is, and how much time he's spent at matches, it's really rather difficult for him to claim that he had absolutely no idea that posting a picture of a chimpanzee instead of a baby, might just possibly be taken as a comment over a child being mixed-race.

What next, claiming that the throwing of bananas onto the pitch is merely an expression of support for darker-skinned players?

Even if he does not or is not permitted to use his HRH title he is still a prince of the blood and senior to Beatrice & Eugenie in the line of succession. He is 6th and they are 9th & 10th respectively.
He is no longer "senior" to Beatrice or Eugenie, as they are HRH's........in fact, according to protocol, Harry is now obliged to bow to them both.

British paparazzi have set up a camp at the foot of the driveway near the house they are staying in and are taking photos of the couple through long range telephoto lenses.
F***ing hell, I rather hope that some of them die of exposure. Or get run over by a truck.

The next time that the British press get all sanctimonious and complain that Leveson proposed utterly unjustified restrictions on their ability to harrass people in order to flog newspapers, using a feeble "it's in the public interest to have long-lens pictures of someone who (unlike most B- and C-list celebs) isn't actually arranging with the paparazzi to take their snaps", I hope they realise that they are their own worst enemy.

If that were the case, I'm sure we would have seen him exhibiting such attention-seeking behaviour prior to Ms Markle's appearance on the scene. Apart from some teenage high jinks and some partying that was clearly meant to be kept behind closed doors, what examples of "look at me" behaviour did you note?
The bloke you're replying to is a noted dick.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
F***ing hell, I rather hope that some of them die of exposure. Or get run over by a truck.

The next time that the British press get all sanctimonious and complain that Leveson proposed utterly unjustified restrictions on their ability to harrass people in order to flog newspapers, using a feeble "it's in the public interest to have long-lens pictures of someone who (unlike most B- and C-list celebs) isn't actually arranging with the paparazzi to take their snaps", I hope they realise that they are their own worst enemy.
And again we're back to something that I've written about before.

There is a world of difference between 'in the public interest' and 'of interest to the public'.

The former concerns matters that could potentially upset or damage the society we live in, the latter simply gossip and (often artificially generated) scandal.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
He thought he was untouchable, or that it was "harmless banter", whatever. He got sacked because ridiculing someone's skin colour is (guess what) the sign of a racist. Personally, I thought he should have been sacked long before for being an unfunny and generally irritating pr!ck, but hey ho... (enough people have said that about me, but then I don't have a radio audience)

After making a big deal about how much of a football supporter he is, and how much time he's spent at matches, it's really rather difficult for him to claim that he had absolutely no idea that posting a picture of a chimpanzee instead of a baby, might just possibly be taken as a comment over a child being mixed-race.

What next, claiming that the throwing of bananas onto the pitch is merely an expression of support for darker-skinned players?
He excused what he did by claiming that he was ridiculing 'toffs'... which still implies that it's okay to take the proverbial out of 'well-bred' white people.

If this were the Canadian press, then an ethics complaint could be made to the relevant press complaints council over the behaviour of the paparazzi not being justified by a public interest being served (as in real benefit to the public, not just "some people are interested").

Trespass law is also another area to look at. You don't have to actually be standing on someone's property to be trespassing, and that includes standing on public property near a private property. This area of law is very murky. and involves federal, provincial, and municipal laws, and I doubt that even a lawyer would be willing to give a definitive answer on it.

There is also the rather interesting status of the block of property the house is located on. All the properties in that block are technically part of a private club, so I would not be surprised if the journalists could be ejected as trespassers even if standing on the road, which may be a private road.

I have to confess, whatever her personality traits and her possible negative influence on Harry, I do fail to see wtf her skin colour or mixed race heritage has to do with anything.

He is no longer "senior" to Beatrice or Eugenie, as they are HRH's........in fact, according to protocol, Harry is now obliged to bow to them both.
Harry will no longer use the title HRH because he is no longer a working member of the royal family but he is still entitled to it. He remains 6th in line to the throne and that gives him his seniority.

PFGEN

GCM
Harry will no longer use the title HRH because he is no longer a working member of the royal family but he is still entitled to it. He remains 6th in line to the throne and that gives him his seniority.
He can add it to his LinkedIn profile under skills and see if any family members will endorse him for it.

by "adopted" do you mean 'swopped'?
Finally I am not alone in my conspiracy theory. Going back to when the sainted Diana dropped her sprogs I remember proposing a theory that "they" had a stand by baby hidden in the backstage area in case the royal baby was born a Mong or something. Mind you in this woke environment it would probably be considered good form to produce a Harvey like creature

Just out of interest, if, as reported above, the Canadians aren't providing protection, what jurisdiction do UK protection officers have in Vancouver?
As police officers they are simply just visitors to the country like any other visitor. There are diplomatic arrangements in place between some countries to allow for the carrying of firearms, etc. So the lads from the Met may have diplomatic passports and be on the books of the embassy as "diplomats".

I notice that Megs is full on upset about the paparazzi.

Did she really expect that they would just forget her and leave her alone??

No, forget that, it's exactly what she wanted to keep herself in the news.

I don't give a flying fig about her colour, but trailer trash is trailer trash and she is, IMHO, only one level above trailer trash and therefore a bad choice of partner for someone 6th in line for the UK throne.

Latest Threads