Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
Sure it will be a heartfelt, frank and fully personal account untroubled by third party influence. And being fully lawyered up

Well, we shall wait and see...
will their be 2 versions, one with Honor, Color, Realize etc, and the other in Queen's English?
If only the former, that'll show which market they are chasing

Now that is a global audience of 1 billion right there.

Lets not forget The Queen and an animated bear appeared on TV for two minutes and the whole world turned to mush. Meghan would have to be take a back seat behind a border collie though. Never going to happen.
There I was, sitting quietly, sipping my Dark and Stormy and speed reading the posts when I suddenly see 'Meghan - take - border Collie - behind' and I thought... 'I've seen that movie!'

Ignore the first 1.40 unless you liked the Osmonds.

Oh dear, Ginge is unhappy that HMQ gave an online speech about climate change and extolled Chas n Bill and their work but somehow failed to mention his sterling work jetting around in private jets to do his bit.

Apparently it still hasn't penetrated the balding ginger skull that by opting out, going to CA, doing the Oprah thing that he has left the RF as a working royal and so will not be mentioned. I'm more and more convinced that he never thought that he would ever stop being RF with all that entails despite going off to do his thing.
Because he was always protected and never forced to grow up like most of us, he can't face the reality of his actions. He simply doesn't understand that he doesn't deserve protection, he isn't a real part of the RF anymore, and that being a Prince of the Realm doesn't entitle you to anything apart from a title if you aren't in the system. Now his Nana, you know the one that can only talk to him about certain things and who he makes laugh, has deliberately ignored him and he is angry. He wants to return, at least part time and things like this show him he can't, at least not on his terms, and he blames everything and everyone else.
Will this person ever grow up?

I have no idea if Harry is genuinely put out by the lack of profile in Her Majesty's recent speech, but unless he is taking part in something which the UK government are somehow associated with then I would be surprised if he were to merit a mention.

Her Majesty may be Harry's Nan, but when she's giving an official speech she's wearing her head of state hat and will act accordingly. She doesn't just wake up in the morning and decide that she'd like to post something on Twitter. Official speeches are announcements of or reinforcement of official government policy and are written and approved with that in mind.

From today's DM - I've read through it twice and still can't work out what the moron is up to. All I can think of is that it is some sort of bizarre birthday present for his wife:
Is he so bored in Montecito that he sees firing off injunctions as some sort of hobby?

Isn't there such a thing as 'mendacious prosecution' ... maybe litigation, or similar ?

Isn't there such a thing as 'mendacious prosecution' ... maybe litigation, or similar ?
You may be thinking of "malicious prosecution". However, that is in connection with criminal charges and has no relation with a civil suit.

Harry has a right to sue if he feels he is being treated unfairly. I believe however the government also have the right to ask the court to have Harry pay the government's costs if his lawsuit fails.

Vexatious litigant, I think.

That's the badger - a colleague was a school governor, and they had a sacked teacher who kept coming back at them with new accusations, over 3 or 4 years maybe..

In the end, I recall him being declared a vexatious litigant.

Harry seems to be of the same bent, not taking No for an answer, and searching for loopholes and truth-twisting.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
I have no idea if Harry is genuinely put out by the lack of profile in Her Majesty's recent speech, but unless he is taking part in something which the UK government are somehow associated with then I would be surprised if he were to merit a mention.

Her Majesty may be Harry's Nan, but when she's giving an official speech she's wearing her head of state hat and will act accordingly. She doesn't just wake up in the morning and decide that she'd like to post something on Twitter. Official speeches are announcements of or reinforcement of official government policy and are written and approved with that in mind.
Now I understand that, you understand that, we all understand that, but the Montecito Einstein appears to be unable to resolve the equation. That's the problem.

Apparently he still can't assimilate the 'I have stepped aside from the RF, insulted them and I am no longer part of them and entitled to certain things' concept.

It's called maturity.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
There I was, sitting quietly, sipping my Dark and Stormy and speed reading the posts when I suddenly see 'Meghan - take - border Collie - behind' and I thought... 'I've seen that movie!'
And I wouldn't be surprised at all from a submariner. All that time cooped up in a metal sardine with only male company.

Then they reckon us infanteers are perverted. :rolleyes:

And I wouldn't be surprised at all from a submariner. All that time cooped up in a metal sardine with only male company.

Then they reckon us infanteers are perverted. :rolleyes:
Heh heh heh..... had to do something to pass the long hours sitting off the coast so that you chaps knew where the baddies were on patrol.

At least we were warm, dry and had a decent bed and 4 square meals a day! AND 2 snorkers for brekkie!

Man Pig

Old-Salt
Heh heh heh..... had to do something to pass the long hours sitting off the coast so that you chaps knew where the baddies were on patrol.

At least we were warm, dry and had a decent bed and 4 square meals a day! AND 2 snorkers for brekkie!
Having watched Das Boat, I've concluded, not unreasonably, that you are most welcome to a sweaty, stale death trap, having to share a stinking pit & any alcohol available would be a a fcuking necessity to get you through a day. You'd have to be a demented chimp to want to get in one of them their underwater boat things.

Anyway, what is the half whitted Ginger wretch up to now?

Last edited:

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer

Two!! Now that's debauchery.

Two!! Now that's debauchery.
I say 2, but it was self-service......... ;)
Having watched Das Boat, I've concluded, not unreasonably, that you are most welcome to a sweaty, stale death trap, having to share a stinking pit & any alcohol available would be a a fcuking necessity to get you through a day. You'd have to be a demented chimp to want to get in one of them their underwater boat things.

Anyway, what is the half whitted Ginger wretch up to now?
Das Boot is worlds away from a modern nuclear boat. We had virtually unlimited water for a start! Google nuclear submarines for an insight. Demented chimp however does sound fair!

Oh, we also got almost 50% extra pay as well, but keep that schtum!

The following story in the CBC on Kate's role in the monarchy is quite complimentary towards her.
How Kate has found her role as the House of Windsor looks to its future

"She understands the institution into which she has married, and clearly values it, and is so willing to play her part in sustaining it, as a royal spouse to someone in direct line of succession," ...

"But she also … comes across as a 'nice' person — not a cowed-by-duty-and-formalities individual, but one capable of seeing how, positively, she can help in keeping the institution into which she has married relevant."

... Kate echoes "past outstanding royal spouses, including Queen Mary and Prince Philip."

"But she has managed just to see a way to make it work. And as such, she has offered William such a support, you know, such a kind of domestic bubble … in which he can live and have a normal life, that it's been a great source of strength to him."

Granny obviously has the right people behind her after all ;)

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm on hols so have time to listen to stuff while I'm pottering around my gaff. Quite a long vid which I may post later from an American lady who gives MM a real going-over if anyone wants. V short version from elsewhere below.

Aparently after her non-deluge of birthday wishes from the rich n famous word has emerged from Montecito that has Scobie-Markle dabs all over it. The Balmoral invite which didn't happen apparently still shows they are part of the RF. But also that she is worried that Ginge will be lured back to the UK by some form of 'sweeties' as he is homesick.
This is a form of an ultimatum or a challenge to force him to declare that the US will be his permanent home, not as he said in the IG interview his home for the moment. So she still wants to keep him in her web and is frightened he might escape.
The lady points out that once he does this then there would be no reason for them to keep their titles and every reason for them to be stripped of everything including the Councellor of State. That would be something that MM hasn't foreseen. As usual the deeper, long-term ramifications escape her as she sees only the short term benefits.

Also I note the sugars are referring to their idol as Princess Meghan, something she loves. However they could and should inform them on the website that the correct title is Princess Henry. Bet that won't happen.
Could it have anything to do with the fact that with Earthshot coming up some US sources are referring to her SiL as princess Kate?

Of course she should be addressed initially as "Your Grace" : far swankier. Left over Euro / white russian princesses abound - even a Margareta of Romania , Custodian of the Crown - not many Royal Dukes and Duchesses. And or course whe will keep referring to herself as Meghan Duchess of Sussex - which is the appellation of a divorcee.....missing the boat again

Edit - Defunct title bearers are not all wannabes. Princess Beatrice's husband Eduardo Mapelli Mozzi inherited his father's title of Count - created in 1913 but no longer recognised by the Italian government. He has inherited property, has contacts (he and BEatrice knew each other as children) , runs a very, very successful property developemnet/design company, understands the structure of royalty and the behaviour expected. He has no need to push his title. He is proving to be a asset of potential to the BRF. But that is about who he is a as a human being, not what he is. Look at Prince Phillip.

Last edited:

Latest Threads