Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harry is a twat and long overdue a good kicking or three, but I'd far prefer to see tcb's protection permanently removed...what's he got to fear, he's just an ordinary kind of guy.
Get them back into uniform and on response or whatever the beat is called these days.
If he wants a couple of bodyguards fine, but he pays and obviously they'll be unarmed.
I want him shitt*ng himself during every waking hour and haunted by nightmares when trying to sleep.
He speaks very highly of you.

Blogg

LE
You may have it here. I reckon he is so used to being a person who received respect and protection that he needs this to feel that he hasn't lost category. The Jubilee was a kick in the teeth and his original plan was to be a part-time royal with all the benefits. Shame he didn't clear it with his family rather than presenting it as a fait acompli. Now he sees that it hasn't worked and he is on his own, a second tier celebrity, he wants his status, which he never thought he would lose, back.

Add to that his missus really believes that she is RF standard importance and she also needs to have her global figure recognised. No wonder he's going on with this.

Without this recognition what are they?

No doubt about it: they proclaimed themselves thus on the "Sussex Royal" website

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are classified as internationally protected people which mandates this level of security.”

That lasted 24 hours before being taken down.

TractorStats

War Hero
'.... sky-diving with a border collie.....'.
Now that is a global audience of 1 billion right there.

Lets not forget The Queen and an animated bear appeared on TV for two minutes and the whole world turned to mush. Meghan would have to be take a back seat behind a border collie though. Never going to happen.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Neil Sean reckons that the Colouring Book is not expected to sell well in the UK but that they are hoping for serial rights in say The Times, as the Mail is still in litigation, to make their money there. They reckon that there are still potentialsales in The US, Commonwealth and Japan. I wonder though, after a couple of years of whinge-fest who wants to read more? The sensational bits will come out in the serialisations and online pirating which will get circulated. Talk shows and interviews are being lined up but with the questions rigidly controlled, which may prove negative for the RF as Ginge is angry about not being royal anymore.
I don't think the publishers will end up out of pocket (much) but will they get the $$$ that the Duo expect? Unlikely.

But also The Ginger ex-royal reckoned that when people read the book they would understand him. If it doesn't sell well then he will see that people are just not interested anymore. That'll be a (deserved) blow.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Ignore the first 1.40 unless you liked the Osmonds.

Oh dear, Ginge is unhappy that HMQ gave an online speech about climate change and extolled Chas n Bill and their work but somehow failed to mention his sterling work jetting around in private jets to do his bit.

Apparently it still hasn't penetrated the balding ginger skull that by opting out, going to CA, doing the Oprah thing that he has left the RF as a working royal and so will not be mentioned. I'm more and more convinced that he never thought that he would ever stop being RF with all that entails despite going off to do his thing.
Because he was always protected and never forced to grow up like most of us, he can't face the reality of his actions. He simply doesn't understand that he doesn't deserve protection, he isn't a real part of the RF anymore, and that being a Prince of the Realm doesn't entitle you to anything apart from a title if you aren't in the system. Now his Nana, you know the one that can only talk to him about certain things and who he makes laugh, has deliberately ignored him and he is angry. He wants to return, at least part time and things like this show him he can't, at least not on his terms, and he blames everything and everyone else.
Will this person ever grow up?

No doubt about it: they proclaimed themselves thus on the "Sussex Royal" website

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are classified as internationally protected people which mandates this level of security.”

That lasted 24 hours before being taken down.

Well, I did not know that, every day a school day.

Thanks to hint, @Blogg.

I did a search;

Changes to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Website Suggest On-Going Negotiations About Their Security

Originally, the website explained that Meghan and Harry expected to retain their publicly-funded security, despite pursuing financial independence. Read the original version below:

The provision of armed security by The Metropolitan Police is mandated by the Home Office, a ministerial department of Her Majesty’s Government, responsible for security and law & order. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are classified as internationally protected people which mandates this level of security. As As stated on gov.uk, “No breakdown of security costs is available as disclosure of such information could compromise the integrity of these arrangements and affect the security of the individuals protected. It is long established policy not to comment upon the protective security arrangements and their related costs for members of the Royal Family or their residences.”
The updated text on the website now excludes this key claim: "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are classified as internationally protected people which mandates this level of security."

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. :rofl:

Harry is a twat and long overdue a good kicking or three, but I'd far prefer to see tcb's protection permanently removed...what's he got to fear, he's just an ordinary kind of guy.
Get them back into uniform and on response or whatever the beat is called these days.
If he wants a couple of bodyguards fine, but he pays and obviously they'll be unarmed.
I want him shitt*ng himself during every waking hour and haunted by nightmares when trying to sleep.
YOU are Princess Anne ! I demand my fiver !

Blogg

LE
Neil Sean reckons that the Colouring Book is not expected to sell well in the UK but that they are hoping for serial rights in say The Times, as the Mail is still in litigation, to make their money there. They reckon that there are still potentialsales in The US, Commonwealth and Japan. I wonder though, after a couple of years of whinge-fest who wants to read more? The sensational bits will come out in the serialisations and online pirating which will get circulated. Talk shows and interviews are being lined up but with the questions rigidly controlled, which may prove negative for the RF as Ginge is angry about not being royal anymore.
I don't think the publishers will end up out of pocket (much) but will they get the $$$ that the Duo expect? Unlikely.

But also The Ginger ex-royal reckoned that when people read the book they would understand him. If it doesn't sell well then he will see that people are just not interested anymore. That'll be a (deserved) blow.

Sure it will be a heartfelt, frank and fully personal account untroubled by third party influence. And being fully lawyered up

Very well put, and nailed. But as an expat there are some things that you tend to miss. Personally for me when I get off the plane my real ale detector starts kicking in. If I get off at Newcastle Airport then I'm straight next door to The Badger for a bucket of Black Sheep Ale. Then it's off to the baker's for a stottie or two.
Just hearing the voices and doing simple things like walking down a street or standing on the hills can mean a lot.
Britain has changed since I left, I've changed, it'll never be the same as it was, but it's nice when we meet up again for a while.
In this I can at least partly understand the ginger twit.
Aah! stottie, warm and frresh makes a sandwich to die for. :p

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Sure it will be a heartfelt, frank and fully personal account untroubled by third party influence. And being fully lawyered up

Not affected in any way by his wife, no sir.

Also the dichotmy between the prince he was and the man he has become, while still wanting the benefits of being a British Prince won't be apparent either.

They could have had all that and from what I have read they were given the job of representing The Queen around the Commonwealth on a plate and even that Meghan could continue her acting career if she wanted.

I don't think there was a plan to condemn M&H to opening mini roundabouts on wet Fridays in the North of Scotland for the rest of their lives.
I think that they would have been permitted to cherry-pick which Royal tours they would do thereby ensuring maximum exposure for the Meg.

You raise an interesting point. Possibly it's a case of I've started so I'm going to follow it through.
Possibly he's doing it because he feels he is entitled to it, especially after being shown to be a second tier royal. After all he has had that protection all his life surely it is his due as the Queen's grandson, isn't it? (We have news for you here on arrse.) So even if he pays he's not hiring the plods as it were, just asserting his rights as the extremely VIP he feels himself to be. Maybe it's a way to still feel royal.

I think you are also right in that he wants to return to the UK at least for periods for elements of his old life. But to do that he needs to feel himself the H of old and the trappings will help. She won't want to return, especially after the Jubilee so maybe she is giving him a Sisyphus type of task before she agrees knowing its impossibility beforehand. With the added bonus of being able to maintain her image of victimhood when it is denied.

My bold ... second tier? He'd be lucky to achieve that level now, prior to his disasterous marriage yes, now more like an also ran after his z list actress of a wife's continual manipulation of him & her antics in dissing the RF and trashing of everything to do with his former life!

Meatfucker

Old-Salt
Now that is a global audience of 1 billion right there.

Lets not forget The Queen and an animated bear appeared on TV for two minutes and the whole world turned to mush. Meghan would have to be take a back seat behind a border collie though. Never going to happen.
The collie had vastly superior manners and breeding.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
The collie had vastly superior manners and breeding.
And intelligence. Fits in perfectly with the team and doesn't try to run the show.

Ed typo.

Last edited:

Latest Threads