Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Folks who are now in the VIP security industry on here might know this but am I right in thinking former Prime Ministers since Blair now receive some sort of lifetime international security VIP detail? This is a relatively new thing I think and puts them in a similar security status as former US Presidents?

I can see how it might rankle Harry that former Prime Ministers get the special security treatment for life and he as a Prince of the Blood and former working Royal doesn't. Is that the motivation I wonder? He could argue he is at similar personal risk to a former Prime Minister and would confer a sort of permanent VIP status that can never be taken away, includes all locations worldwide, he wont have to pay and it covers all his immediate family.
Harry is a twat and long overdue a good kicking or three, but I'd far prefer to see tcb's protection permanently removed...what's he got to fear, he's just an ordinary kind of guy.
Get them back into uniform and on response or whatever the beat is called these days.
If he wants a couple of bodyguards fine, but he pays and obviously they'll be unarmed.
I want him shitt*ng himself during every waking hour and haunted by nightmares when trying to sleep.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Harry is a twat and long overdue a good kicking or three, but I'd far prefer to see tcb's protection permanently removed...what's he got to fear, he's just an ordinary kind of guy.
Get them back into uniform and on response or whatever the beat is called these days.
If he wants a couple of bodyguards fine, but he pays and obviously they'll be unarmed.
I want him shitt*ng himself during every waking hour and haunted by nightmares when trying to sleep.
Hmmm. Just a wee clue there but you aren't a fan are you?

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps he is looking to be an Internationally Protected Person.
If this status is gained in the UK will it be reciprocated in other civilised countries?
Could he then be looking for him and his family to be classified with Working Royals/Diplomats, when abroad?

This may also help with his diplomatic passport renewal.
You may have it here. I reckon he is so used to being a person who received respect and protection that he needs this to feel that he hasn't lost category. The Jubilee was a kick in the teeth and his original plan was to be a part-time royal with all the benefits. Shame he didn't clear it with his family rather than presenting it as a fait acompli. Now he sees that it hasn't worked and he is on his own, a second tier celebrity, he wants his status, which he never thought he would lose, back.

Add to that his missus really believes that she is RF standard importance and she also needs to have her global figure recognised. No wonder he's going on with this.

Without this recognition what are they?

You may have it here. I reckon he is so used to being a person who received respect and protection that he needs this to feel that he hasn't lost category. The Jubilee was a kick in the teeth and his original plan was to be a part-time royal with all the benefits. Shame he didn't clear it with his family rather than presenting it as a fait acompli. Now he sees that it hasn't worked and he is on his own, a second tier celebrity, he wants his status, which he never thought he would lose, back.

Add to that his missus really believes that she is RF standard importance and she also needs to have her global figure recognised. No wonder he's going on with this.

I think most ARRSERS have recognised her global figure, which becomes more globally rotund as time passes

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
I liked this.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
I think most ARRSERS have recognised her global figure, which becomes more globally rotund as time passes
It must be her real empathy with the Earth Mother, so she is coming to resemble her as an icon.

1659734741998.png

TractorStats

War Hero

They could have had all that and from what I have read they were given the job of representing The Queen around the Commonwealth on a plate and even that Meghan could continue her acting career if she wanted.

I don't think there was a plan to condemn M&H to opening mini roundabouts on wet Fridays in the North of Scotland for the rest of their lives.

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
They could have had all that and from what I have read they were given the job of representing The Queen around the Commonwealth on a plate and even that Meghan could continue her acting career if she wanted.

I don't think there was a plan to condemn M&H to opening mini roundabouts on wet Fridays in the North of Scotland for the rest of their lives.
Absolutely.
He has/had all the credentials.
Environmentally aware
Culturally aware (apart from that damned Nazi outfit)
Regal bearing and ability to nod
Wife of colour
Sportiness
Ability to 'muck in' and take part in 'interesting' stuff- sort of like the John Noakes of the RF
etc

“ like the John Noakes of the royal family”
Do you mean he will spend his declining years alone on Majorca, before succumbing to anAlzheimer’s like condition.?
just when he thought the future was grim enough as it was.!
The taking the protection bit to court shows that he ( or she !) doesn’t care how the optics of this play out with the public here ( who remember actually pay for the protection officers iirc.)
Another smouldering bridge gone.

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
Do you mean he will spend his declining years alone on Majorca, before succumbing to anAlzheimer’s like condition.?
Naah - Harry would be a shoo-in for a 'Go with Noakes' type show.
Or even a raft of Blue Peter type tasks - Halo para drops, cleaning Nelson's Column, Bob Sledding etc, while Edward could do all the nerdy stuff back in the studio.
Draft in Meg for Jackanory duties, and what's not to like?
(Ok, the kids would get bored after the third reading of The Bench)

just when he thought the future was grim enough as it was.!
The taking the protection bit to court shows that he ( or she !) doesn’t care how the optics of this play out with the public here ( who remember actually pay for the protection officers iirc.)
Another smouldering bridge gone.
Megs could double as the out of control Shep, "Get down Megs" doesn't have the same ring to it though.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Megs could double as the out of control Shep, "Get down Megs" doesn't have the same ring to it though.
Beat me to it. I was about to say 'going everywhere with a dog.'

TractorStats

War Hero
Naah - Harry would be a shoo-in for a 'Go with Noakes' type show.
Or even a raft of Blue Peter type tasks - Halo para drops, cleaning Nelson's Column, Bob Sledding etc, while Edward could do all the nerdy stuff back in the studio.
Draft in Meg for Jackanory duties, and what's not to like?
(Ok, the kids would get bored after the third reading of The Bench)
I know you are joking but I made a similar point the other day that Harry could have forged a worldwide TV career in a sort of 'action man' type role and that could have combined helicopter flying, humanitarian work in war zones, rescues, conservation, concerned man of the people. I know this sounds a bit cheesy but honestly I think people in the USA would have lapped it up and then on the back of that formed a production company and sold programmes round the world and also done 'influencer campaigns' if that is what he wanted. Meghan knows how how the media works and programme production and could have kept her acting career. Harry could have kept a better relationship with his family too.

All that though takes effort, time and real work over years. Not instant fame, political career and a millionaire private jet lifestyle.

I know you are joking but I made a similar point the other day that Harry could have forged a worldwide TV career in a sort of 'action man' type role and that could have combined helicopter flying, humanitarian work in war zones, rescues, conservation, concerned man of the people. I know this sounds a bit cheesy but honestly I think people in the USA would have lapped it up and then on the back of that formed a production company and sold programmes round the world and also done 'influencer campaigns' if that is what he wanted. Meghan knows how how the media works and programme production and could have kept her acting career. Harry could have kept a better relationship with his family too.

All that though takes effort, time and real work over years. Not instant fame, political career and a millionaire private jet lifestyle.
So (hopefully) they will now spend their lives kicking stones and watching the nice people have fun. H has so much resentment I can't see him ever recovering the situation.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
All that though takes effort, time and real work over years. Not instant fame, political career and a millionaire private jet lilifestyle.there, that bit.
There, that bit. The day she married her work was done. A Kardashian life-style awaited her and being fawned on and so on.

It would fit him to a T. But that would mean putting him first and her being the appendage, the loving wife doing stuff while hubby was sky-diving with a border collie. Yes, she would build up a solid portfolio that would serve her well but after the wedding when all eyes were on her she would have had to step back into the background and do some graft.

The acting jobs had dried up, nobody was rushing to offer her roles. Probably she could have got on the US celeb circuit or talk shows. But once she got the taste for talking politics that would likely have gone up the Swannee as she was never going to shut up.

Actually a few years doing as you suggest might have given her enough of a positive reputation and name to allow her to enter the US political scene with hubby taking a back seat or racing around the world doing stuff. But that would have meant work and patience.
As everyone on here says it's a shame for the might have been.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Latest Threads