Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Car, AFV, or sword?
1656855606090.png

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
The Sussex's are arguing whether the book if ever written will be filed under W authors or H authors.
Seeing as it is supposed to be their anchor to fame and financial security the option is between H anchor or W Anchor.

I was under the impression that Major was the lowest rank that was 'kept' upon retirement by an officer.
So too was I but was reliably informed that one can keep the honorific of Captain on retirement (I suspect that those very few who do rather hope that they are thought to be "former Navy persons".) Cheap snigger on my part: A county council type who attended Remembrance Day in our village was known as Captain and duly rocked up with his Op TOSCA gong, awarded whilst serving in Cyprus as a TA officer*. Sadly, on this occasion we had a full turn out of serving and retired military types who sported between a respectable couple (pre Blaire wars types) through to an outrageous ten or so. Strangely the noble Captain has shelved both his rank and gong since. We do miss him at November time......

* Nowt wrong with that, I've seen some good hands doing that sunshine tour.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
I was under the impression that Major was the lowest rank that was 'kept' upon retirement by an officer.
I think when you get 'Subaltern Retd. - Please cuff on right side of head when in error due to excessive Platoon Sgt cuffing on the left,' it begins to make sense.

My Plt Sgt was ambidextrous, so I now have a balanced personality.

So too was I but was reliably informed that one can keep the honorific of Captain on retirement (I suspect that those very few who do rather hope that they are thought to be "former Navy persons".) Cheap snigger on my part: A county council type who attended Remembrance Day in our village was known as Captain and duly rocked up with his Op TOSCA gong, awarded whilst serving in Cyprus as a TA officer*. Sadly, on this occasion we had a full turn out of serving and retired military types who sported between a respectable couple (pre Blaire wars types) through to an outrageous ten or so. Strangely the noble Captain has shelved both his rank and gong since. We do miss him at November time......

* Nowt wrong with that, I've seen some good hands doing that sunshine tour.
In order to 'retire' (and use Ret'd) rather than 'resign' it's 10 years service - did Harry do 10?

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer

OK, guys, comment on his drill.

This guy is all over and none of you know of him???

This is what Megzilla wanted, what she got? Haznoballs the helicopter gunner.

Lotsa cowkicking there.

Placing him behind Ginge whose medal rack is smaller smacks of a subtle (or not so subtle) putdown. That is apart from having someone ready to rip him apart at an instant's notice.

Bigger rack than Meggie as well.

Ed typos.

Last edited:
I think when you get 'Subaltern Retd. - Please cuff on right side of head when in error due to excessive Platoon Sgt cuffing on the left,' it begins to make sense.

My Plt Sgt was ambidextrous, so I now have a balanced personality.
You had a Brills platoon sergeant then.
Lucky lad.