Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dragon825

War Hero
Point of order.. whoever he was, he wasnt the owner if IBM, its shares are distributed round thousands if not millions of shareholders. None of the CEOs have been billionaires, Lou Gerstner was rumoured to have had payments/share options of close to a billion usd during his tenure, but he wasn't the sort to be into tennis.
well to bullet point it then, nice guy with no attitude towards us 2 sqauddie plebs pony's up big bucks for seats in Wimbledon 2nd guy recognises him spouts something about him being something or used to be something at IBM and is that he is chuffing loaded.

edited to add considering he had the seats for the whole 2 weeks he didn't spend a lot of time in them, there's a lot of networking/handshaking in the restaurants

Not surprised.

A few years ago I met a bloke on holiday in Greece. Nice guy but almost a parody of himself in a Carry On film sort of way.

He'd grown up in an orphanage and had an awful early life. He somehow got the money together to buy a limo and become a driver to the stars.

Lots of stories but, in short, the bigger the star, the more gracious they were.

Nastiest and most spiteful 'Do you know how we are?' merchants were the highly talented Bananarama.
Similar story, a middle aged scrote nicked by Customs for drug smuggling had all his documentation down to his elderly parents home address.
It was a rather reluctant and very polite house search, chatting to his parents dad was a retired limo driver for Elstree studios and had loads of signed photos from film stars from the late 40s onwards.
It was fascinating listening to some of his stories, and what was noticeable was that the really big stars were very down to earth: in pride of place he had a framed telegram from John Wayne sent just a few days before he died, thanking him for all his help when filming in London.
Had a few Bond girls stories too, Honour Blackman and Diana Rigg, tell yer mate, classiest birds I ever met...he then went a bit 1000 yard stare for the next few seconds...

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Today, I was carrying out an emergency repair for a new client
a very well brought up elderly lady
I noticed her unusual accent
turns out she has spent most of her life travelling the world, but has children in America, she has only recently returned from visiting them
I asked her about megzilla, what do Americans think
she said the girl is awful to deal with, arrogant, and a poor actress, and a few other things that led me to believe that her family detest megzilla

Leverage and powder kept dry. Because Mrs and Mrs Mountbatten-Windsor's repetetive misbehaviour and driven ego has proven them to be untrainable curs that only respond the whip.

Sad that is has to be this way, but they were given all the opportunities and leeway to realise and change course yet continued to take wilfull self-serving advantage. All but they know that eventually prioritising the benefit of the majority has to take precedence for the greater good.

Last edited:

skeetstar

War Hero
well to bullet point it then, nice guy with no attitude towards us 2 sqauddie plebs pony's up big bucks for seats in Wimbledon 2nd guy recognises him spouts something about him being something or used to be something at IBM and is that he is chuffing loaded.

edited to add considering he had the seats for the whole 2 weeks he didn't spend a lot of time in them, there's a lot of networking/handshaking in the restaurants
Dragon, hope I didn't come over as argumentative, or overly didactic. Just fascinated to think who it might be.. I used to work for IBM, and would know the name if not the individual himself.
IBM was big into corporate entertainment at Wimbledon, and yes you're right.. lots of networking and flesh pressing going on there.

syrup

LE
The royal family won't publish its inquiry into Meghan Markle bullying accusations to protect the privacy of people involved, report says

So the Palace are not going to release the results of their bullying inquiry - what do we think? Did they find no evidence, or are they playing a moral card by not going public?

I suspect it's being done because what they found was they are a toughly unpleasant couple to their staff.

If it was the other way and Palace staff where to blame they'd both be screaming all over the t.v. about it being hidden

Their silence tells me they'd rather just let it quietly be shelved rather than confirm what most people already think about them.

Mega. An actress. Allegedly.
Never got to anything more than a jumped up soap.
Delusionsof grandeur.
In the past, professionally, I met a lot of people in various fields... Allow me to name drop.
Alex Ferguson. Don Henley. Justin Hayward, Alberto Salazar, Roger daltry, seb coe, winkle brown, etc etc etc.
The common thread is they are humble. Nothing to prove.
We normally ended up chatting about something totally different to their achievement.
It is the "nearly" types who have an attitude as large as a haystack.
That's Meghan.
Same. Different people but yes, normal and more than approachable and glad to talk about other things....unlike the wannabees with attitude.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I suspect it's being done because what they found was they are a toughly unpleasant couple to their staff.

If it was the other way and Palace staff where to blame they'd both be screaming all over the t.v. about it being hidden

Their silence tells me they'd rather just let it quietly be shelved rather than confirm what most people already think about them.
Something else: the Royals are behaving regally, in the sense that they are being very, very restrained. For instance, the Queen's response to the Oprah interview was a masterclass in understatement. It said everything in very few words. I'm reminded of the best of doormen, who refuse to be provoked by the drunk little bloke who's absolutely determined to pick a fight.

Not releasing the report does several things. It doesn't give The Hideous One ammunition. It also gives Harry (though he doesn't deserve it) an eventual way back that he perhaps wouldn't have if the report went public. And, as has been noted, it sits there as the ultimate weapon should something like Oprah Mk.2 happen (although that, it must be said, seems beyond unlikely).

The rumours are anything but. Markle is increasingly known for what she is and I don't think we need the report to know what it contains.

The rest of her flailing about is just awful comedy.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
She's 20 years and a few mattresses too late for that.

Even before you get to the fact that she's really rather plain.
What's a few mattresses more or less in Hollywood? Marilyn bed-hopped her way to the top and she's an icon.
20 years too late, sure.

I know she's plain, you know she's plain, we all know she's plain, but how can we say that when she wears all these fabulously expensive clothes to look like a tawdry hooker absolutely fabulous?

The Megaverse is truly an alternative reality.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
What's a few mattresses more or less in Hollywood? Marilyn bed-hopped her way to the top and she's an icon.
20 years too late, sure.

I know she's plain, you know she's plain, we all know she's plain, but how can we say that when she wears all these fabulously expensive clothes to look like a tawdry hooker absolutely fabulous?

Marilyn, within her range, made some passable films. She also smouldered.

Meghan’s acting style could best be described as MDF - not even good enough to be really wooden.

As to ’sexy’… I refer you again to the barbecue video.

[shiver]

20 years too late, sure.

The difference between Kate who would look stunning in a bin bag and Megmite who wears 000's worth of designer gear and looks as if she's wearing a bin bag

Last edited:
The most odious ’sleb’ I ever met was Michael Barrymore.
The young Patsy Kensit for me ( I do hope she mellowed with age) , though thinking about it Eric Clapton would have given her a run for the money.
what both of them lacked ( as does Megan) is “ grace”, ie an unforced generosity of spirit and an empathy with others regardless of status.
Which brings us neatly to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
a class act.!

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Marilyn, within her range, made some passable films. She also smouldered.

Meghan’s acting style could best be described as MDF - not even good enough to be really wooden.

As to ’sexy’… I refer you again to the barbecue video.

[shiver]
Marilyn did smoulder and she had that X factor, and on-screen presence.
Megs trying to smoulder is like trying to light wet logs, has Max Factor, and the best you can say is that she is present on-screen.

BBQ video, now if she had tried to BJ a sausage she would have come over as more natural.

Latest Threads