Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I posted a handful of those glaringly biased snippets in the CA thread yesterday as an example why such "news" papers are banned in that forum; they tend to be inflammatory, sensationalist journalism devoid of facts and full of opinion.

It's the problem with 24/7 news. Our once great papers have to increasingly rely upon "opinion and analysis" rather than the occasional news bulletins to fill the gaps.
As you can see by the frothy mouths on here, most of the press don't need to report accurately because the outrage mob want something to be angry about.

Once again, when someone from London becomes famous is there a story about black gangs and murder if that individual had nothing to do with black gangs or murder? It would be pretty stupid to report on black gangs if someone went to a private school in London.
Far from shitsvilles she seems to have been brought up with more wealth and education than most people, but let not praise her mother for that, let's go talk about the Cribs and the Bloods.
Most tabloids exist off hatred, the Mail prints anti gypsy shit all the time. Why? Because we all ******* hate Pikeys that's why. How about the Daily Mail and EU immigrants? ******* coming over here taking our jobs etc. It doesn't actually mean the newspaper editor or journalist is really racist themselves, they are just giving their readers what they want and stoke the fire. She's a darkie foreigner who came over here and stole our prince. She's from a criminal area, she can't fit in with us. She eats avocados which causes murder.
And there's the second time you're wrong.

The cribs and the bloods?

It's the Cripts and the bloods.

You said he was a hypocrite. Not you though eh mate. You'll be staying in the UK for your hols from now on.
1. he is a hypocrite, as has been shown.
2. I'm not your mate.
3. I don't live in the UK, and have no intention of returning other than for the occasional funeral as and when the need arises. The UK is about the last place I'd "holiday".
4. you clearly need to lie about other posts in order to support your puerile viewpoint.

You carry on with your ludicrous fiction............it's the meeeja wot dun it.

TamH70

MIA
It's Crips now, when the gang was founded it was "Cribs".
Their gang colours are various shades of blue, in contrast to those of the Bloods, whose colours are red.

Acquiring UK citizenship won't be enough, she will have to actively give up her US Citizenship to avoid US taxes, and the process may well open her up to a full-on tax investigation.
I believe if she gives up her US citizenship she would be subject to the IRS tax clawback called an Exit Tax.
The tax is based on assets not current income. For some the tax can be brutal.
Below is the link to the least technical article I can find.
Forbes - Exit Tax
When I was in law school my very least favorite course was the IRS Code. Convoluted and tricky.

I also hope that if a divorce is potentially possible that Harry of Sussex does not become a resident of California. The community property aspects of California divorce law are very hard on the spouse with more assets.

I believe if she gives up her US citizenship she would be subject to the IRS tax clawback called an Exit Tax.
The tax is based on assets not current income. For some the tax can be brutal.
Below is the link to the least technical article I can find.
Forbes - Exit Tax
When I was in law school my very least favorite course was the IRS Code. Convoluted and tricky.

I also hope that if a divorce is potentially possible that Harry of Sussex does not become a resident of California. The community property aspects of California divorce law are very hard on the spouse with more assets.
There's issues with being a US citizen if you own a business abroad. This includes someone who was born and lives outside the US and is only a citizen because one of his or her parents was an American. US and Canadian tax laws do not necessarily mesh very well when it comes to business assets and US citizens (including people who were not aware that the US considered them to be citizens) in Canada have been financially raped by recent changes in US tax laws which were supposedly introduced to tax large companies hiding money in foreign tax shelters. There has been a surge of people renouncing American citizenship as a result. It supposedly takes a year or more as while they can't do much about what has already happened, they don't want to go through it again.

The US, Eritrea, and Myanmar are the only countries which tax people in this manner.

....but quite prescriptive, whereas UK tax law is truly unintelligible and frequently self-contradictory.
I know people who have to file taxes in both Canada and the US, and they all say that while Canadian taxes are simple, US taxes are such a nightmare that it's unwise to consider doing them yourself.

The storylines in Westenders are fucking ridiculous these days...

1. he is a hypocrite, as has been shown.
2. I'm not your mate.
3. I don't live in the UK, and have no intention of returning other than for the occasional funeral as and when the need arises. The UK is about the last place I'd "holiday".
4. you clearly need to lie about other posts in order to support your puerile viewpoint.

You carry on with your ludicrous fiction............it's the meeeja wot dun it.
Temper Temper little man.
Wherever you live now you won't be ever be leaving its borders to go on holiday will you?
You haven't posted a single thing about why you dislike them so much other than you being into climate change and not liking hypocrites.
Naturally you don't want to admit being someone who froths at mouth because the Daily Mail says so.

....but quite prescriptive, whereas UK tax law is truly unintelligible and frequently self-contradictory.
Makes me glad I am not a UK barrister (plus the wigs look itchy)

Latest Threads