Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Duchess of Cambridge will become the first member of the Royal Family to take on one of Prince Harry’s patronages when she is announced as the new figurehead of English rugby.

Kate, 40, is due to be unveiled as the patron of the Rugby Football Union ‘imminently’, sources told the Daily Mail.

Her role sets her up in direct competition with William, who became patron of the Welsh Rugby Union in 2016. The move comes ahead of England’s Six Nations campaign, which begins next week.

53459949-10449723-image-a-26_1643319325972.jpg
Taken at Trocadéro in Paris, in the rain. That was such a succesful visit. They are a really wonderful, down to earth couple. Unlike some other VIP visitors.

Here they are in the British Embassy. I love this pic. Some more in link.

Cambridges Embassy Paris.jpg

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Wow! Big come down for the lady crusader for women's rights.
She's no crusader. Were she, she'd treat her staff rather better. Women's right is just another fashionable topic that she hopes to grab publicity from. If it suddenly become unfashionable, you'd not hear her utter another word on it.
How did he get into and then through Sandhurst?
HIs first name was 'Prince'.*

*Historical precedent: When Andrew turned up to do his aptitude tests for being a pilot, his protection detail turned up with him. For want of anything to fill the time, the protection guys were offered the chance to do the aptitude tests alongside their charge. The protection guys got the better scores.

Oyibo

LE
It's actually a bloody hard club to be a member of, all told.

Someone once made a very good point about Charles - polo player, horseman, P Company in his youth, generally outdoors ever since. There's a sort of rugged hardness that come with all that.

You don't get the look by eating celery and shagging seeing a personal trainer once a week.

No P Coy for The Colonel in Chief of the Parachute Regiment, but he insisted on doing the jumps course when he was appointed. Everyone I know from The Parachute Regiment who has met him has nothing but good words for him.

He also qualified and fixed and rotary wing pilot with the RAF and RN respectively. And that's without even getting into what he's done outside the military.

No P Coy for The Colonel in Chief of the Parachute Regiment, but he insisted on doing the jumps course when he was appointed. Everyone I know from The Parachute Regiment who has met him has nothing but good words for him.

He also qualified and fixed and rotary wing pilot with the RAF and RN respectively. And that's without even getting into what he's done outside the military.
Somewhere in the back of my noggin I remember HRH doing a water jump from an Andover into Poole Harbour.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
She's no crusader. Were she, she'd treat her staff rather better. Women's right is just another fashionable topic that she hopes to grab publicity from. If it suddenly become unfashionable, you'd not hear her utter another word on it.

HIs first name was 'Prince'.*

*Historical precedent: When Andrew turned up to do his aptitude tests for being a pilot, his protection detail turned up with him. For want of anything to fill the time, the protection guys were offered the chance to do the aptitude tests alongside their charge. The protection guys got the better scores.
I know she's no crusader, but it's the image she wants to project. But to end up talking clothes, hairstyles and fluffy bunnies will be a bitter pill. My schadenfreude meter is beginning to register.

And how H got into Sanders was more rhetorical, with an art a level what was he going to do, paint the enemy?

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Somewhere in the back of my noggin I remember HRH doing a water jump from an Andover into Poole Harbour.
Mind doing a jump from Andover to Poole Harbour would be truly herculean.

Oyibo

LE

While he was at Cranwell. E2A: Studland Bay

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I know she's no crusader, but it's the image she wants to project. But to end up talking clothes, hairstyles and fluffy bunnies will be a bitter pill. My schadenfreude meter is beginning to register.

And how H got into Sanders was more rhetorical, with an art a level what was he going to do, paint the enemy?
Nail hit.

She wants the kudos of the image but isn't prepared to live it or do the hard yards.

A charlatan, in other words. There are other, less polite terms.

Kate, on the other hand... happy to go back to the start line each time. And respected for it.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Happy to be corrected.

I reckon it took either spring-heeled boots or a verrry big run up to an industrial-strength trampette. Possibly both.

Oyibo

LE
Happy to be corrected.

Easy mistake to make - When I went through Depot Para I was told he'd done P Coy (except for the milling). It was a few years before I was disabused of that notion.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Nail hit.

She wants the kudos of the image but isn't prepared to live it or do the hard yards.

A charlatan, in other words. There are other, less polite terms.

Kate, on the other hand... happy to go back to the start line each time. And respected for it.
Double like.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
So a basic balance sheet.

The Delightful Kate vs the Delightless Meghan.

Her Prince loves her. - Her Prince appears to be pissed off.

She loves her Prince. - She is exasperated by hers and loves his titles.

She takes fame as it comes. - She wants to be everybodies' darling and the most famous Princess in the world.

She has 3 lovely kids. - She allegedly has 2 who nobody sees.

She happily gets into all sorts of activities and enjoys them. - She wouldn't want to get her hands dirty.

She is a good employer - She is a terror to work for.

She is loved by the public at large. - She is largely unloved by the public at large.

She looks elegant in the simplest of clothes. - She makes truly expensive clothes look tarty.

She shops frugally and thereby helps businesses. - She blows thousands helping only the rich designers.

She has a degree. - She can spell university.

She keeps her lines slim. - Peppa Pig may soon have a rival.

She has no pretensions. - She is the dictionary definition of pretentions.

She engages well with all sorts of people. - She is false with others.

People want to meet her. - The people she wants to meet don't want to meet her.

We love and respect her on Arrse. - Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!

Feel free to add to the list.

Easy mistake to make - When I went through Depot Para I was told he'd done P Coy (except for the milling). It was a few years before I was disabused of that notion.
It was rumoured that he wasn't allowed to play inter-school rugby for fear that some second-row type from a competing school might want the title of the Man Who Broke The King's Nose. Can't imagine that anyone would be so vulgar.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It was rumoured that he wasn't allowed to play inter-school rugby for fear that some second-row type from a competing school might want the title of the Man Who Broke The King's Nose. Can't imagine that anyone would be so vulgar.
I believe there's been claims from various bods to have done it. How true is anybodies guess

She had a magnificent, dignified wedding, a truly Stately event - The other one - Sheesh. :-(

Last edited:
So a basic balance sheet.

Her Prince loves her. - Her Prince appears to be pissed off.

She loves her Prince. - She is exasperated by hers and loves his titles.

She takes fame as it comes. - She wants to be everybodies' darling and the most famous Princess in the world.

She has 3 lovely kids. - She allegedly has 2 who nobody sees.

She happily gets into all sorts of activities and enjoys them. - She wouldn't want to get her hands dirty.

She is a good employer - She is a terror to work for.

She is loved by the public at large. - She is largely unloved by the public at large.

She looks elegant in the simplest of clothes. - She makes truly expensive clothes look tarty.

She shops frugally and thereby helps businesses. - She blows thousands helping only the rich designers.

She has a degree. - She can spell university.

She keeps her lines slim. - Peppa Pig may soon have a rival.

She has no pretensions. - She is the dictionary definition of pretentions.

She engages well with all sorts of people. - She is false with others.

People want to meet her. - The people she wants to meet don't want to meet her.

We love and respect her on Arrse. - Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!

She’s Kate - She isn’t

Sorted.

Latest Threads