Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Neil Sean makes a point about the timing of this latest release. Whenever William does something, and he's having some success with this online stuff, then something HAS to come out of Montecito.
So with their PR imperative to be seen to be as relevant as the real royals they have to fire away, perhaps without properly acquiring the target first or using the right weapon.

They would be seen as more relevant if they weren't playing a childish game of catch-up.

Though a devious thought says that if they use the emasculated one and he screws up then the headlines are louder with indignation than praise for the Cambridges. Though flagship Meghan hasn't done too well recently so maybe that's why he was wheeled out.

Neil Sean makes a point about the timing of this latest release. Whenever William does something, and he's having some success with this online stuff, then something HAS to come out of Montecito.
So with their PR imperative to be seen to be as relevant as the real royals they have to fire away, perhaps without properly acquiring the target first or using the right weapon.

They would be seen as more relevant if they weren't playing a childish game of catch-up.

Though a devious thought says that if they use the emasculated one and he screws up then the headlines are louder with indignation than praise for the Cambridges. Though flagship Meghan hasn't done too well recently so maybe that's why he was wheeled out.
That must boil her piss - I'm sure she'd like to corw over her victory over the Mail...
But can't really.
Now she's target #1.
Never take on anyone who buys ink by the barrel.

Ah. So HE's the snake oil. That clears it up.
Use, as an example, sport sponsorship.
CEO and executives of company Z get wined and dined at club x by company Y - who just happen to sponsor club x.
Then company y makes the whole pitch of selling you photocopiers/cars/financial services/insurance etc.
You also get to meet the famous footballers/rugby players, get the picture and the t-shirt.
So you end up buying the car/photocopier/insurance etc
hey, you ain't paying - the company is.
Everyone goes home happy, and the footballer/duke gets a nice wedge in his pocket.

syrup

LE
I have a different take on it: When he was in the Army and subsequently setting up the Invictus Games, and representing military units in ceremonial roles I had respect for him. And I have no idea whether he was good, bad, or indifferent in the Army.

His new role as a bitch-slapped 'Duke' relies solely on his Royal Family connection which he seems hell-bent on destroying.

Very sad all-in-all.

Don't have a drama with that at all
I thought he did great work then also.

Pity he's ruining it all now with ever more stupid statements

That must boil her piss - I'm sure she'd like to corw over her victory over the Mail...
But can't really.
Now she's target #1.
Never take on anyone who buys ink by the barrel.
It is not over yet, the Mail is considering another appeal and also Boris is looking at the implications to English common law to which the judgement could do far reaching damage, so not a victory for meagain yet.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

But that's been manifest for quite some time. EVERY Cambridge announcement has to have a Sussex trump card played on it.

The day that they announced their intention to shamelessly rinse and devalue their titles retire from public life was Kate's birthday.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The comments on YT are telling ...

Shan Sweetsummerstar

2 hours ago
His “out of touch he “really has no idea” about the struggles people face.. If we quit everything we don’t like, or our parents and grandparents quit the war, the tiresome jobs or whatever, you don’t grow and strengthen your character."You don’t get any more privileged than telling people to quit their jobs when they weren’t born into wealth and need to pay bills.”

area51isreal

3 hours ago
Words from the mouth of someone who has never done a hard days work in his life.

Bey Smitty

3 hours ago
if we all got trust funds we can say ‘ take your job and shove it ‘

Dr Strangelove

Dr Strangelove

47 minutes ago
More words of wisdom from Harry the Hapless. What a piece of work he is.
I'm sure that those comments were written by people just dripping in white privilege.

But that's been manifest for quite some time. EVERY Cambridge announcement has to have a Sussex trump card played on it.
I have noticed that. It does smack of an extremely childish, jealous, or envious attitude.

Also //consipraloon mode active:
If the time zones (GMT/LA) are eight hours adrift how is it that Camp Sussex are up and about with their propaganda before the UK population has time to digest the palace press release? How is it that the LA PR team know which days to broadcast?
conspialoon deactivated//

it may be in the topic already but-

slap.jpg

Last edited:

syrup

LE
I have noticed that. It does smack of an extremely childish, jealous, or envious attitude.

Also //consipraloon mode active:
If the time zones (GMT/LA) are eight hours adrift how is it that Camp Sussex are up and about with their propaganda before the UK population has time to digest the palace press release? How is it that the LA PR team know which days to broadcast?
conspialoon deactivated//

In fairness it's no secret that William was doing his Podcast in support of mental health it's been about for a week or two.
They probably had this lined up to try and jump the gun on William and Kate

I have a different take on it: When he was in the Army and subsequently setting up the Invictus Games, and representing military units in ceremonial roles I had respect for him. And I have no idea whether he was good, bad, or indifferent in the Army.

His new role as a bitch-slapped 'Duke' relies solely on his Royal Family connection which he seems hell-bent on destroying.

Very sad all-in-all.
I don't think that's a 'different' take at all. Everyone had high hopes for Henry, and he was making all the right noises and moves until after the Marriage, when it all went to ratshit. Adding Hollywood minor 'celebrity' to ancient Royalty gets that sum, it seems. PW, too.
'Meghan the Moocher':

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer

The day that they announced their intention to shamelessly rinse and devalue their titles retire from public life was Kate's birthday.
Yes, it has been mentioned on here for some time that they fire away when the Cambridges are doing something but that wasn't exactly my point. @syrup does make the point that they have things lined up ready to shoot as fast as possible so the Cambridge effort is immediately followed by them and theoretically hence loses impact.

My point was more that as they feel the HAVE to compete, (and I just think that it shows lack of depth of character and self-confidence on his behalf and vindictiveness on hers,) then sometimes the urgent need to have something prepared leads them to come up with less than adequate material.
Take this latest gingery effort, obviously the PR team has told him to be talking on this particular issue to mirror/parrallel William, so he goes ahead and does his usual less then adroit effort. If they held to their own stated agenda this wouldn't happen so much or hold up their lack of talent so clearly.

I will say that apparently they get an easier ride in the US so this stuff doesn't necessarily get as twatted as it does in the UK and Oz for example, though I get the impression that the thinking press doesn't give them much credence.

Now that the Mail is gunning for them, and they may go to another appeal which could be damaging, there could be consequences there. As observed, it isn't over yet.

Latest Threads