Harry and Megan: How long will it last?

How long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really don't get it. How he can be that braindead. On what feckin planet does he live?
I mean I sort of see his point, if you don't like your work it's better to find one that you do. But that's easy with mum and dad's millions behind you, not so easy when losing a paypacket means losing everything, and he doesn't actually see that?

Did he not meet any real people in the Army? You know, the chaps, or is it frowned upon to chat to the lower orders in the Cavalry?
He hasn't learned a damn thing about real life has he?

See the Mail is gunning for them now. Should make life interesting for them.
Come on now, when did officers actually take an interest in their men? In every unit that I served in where we had an officer, we used to parade the guys at 0800, allocate them their jobs for the day and fall them out. The officer used to roll in about 0900, disappear into his office and we never saw him after that. If one of the lads had a problem, he approached his senior NCO who would take it further.

Come on now, when did officers actually take an interest in their men? In every unit that I served in where we had an officer, we used to parade the guys at 0800, allocate them their jobs for the day and fall them out. The officer used to roll in about 0900, disappear into his office and we never saw him after that. If one of the lads had a problem, he approached his senior NCO who would take it further.
As related to me. Instruction given to the young snotties in Dartmouth..'Learn something about the players and teams in association football .It will give you something to talk about , should you have to interact socially with the people'...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
A lot of people who had jobs in places like restaurants ended up losing their jobs and having to find new ones during the worst of the pandemic. A fair number of them don't want to go back to their old jobs.

This is a hot topic in the US, with a lot of people advocating that you can find a job that is less shit even if it pays less and so should really think about your future and decide what you want out of life. I suspect this is won't really last over the long run, but there is a lot of talk about it at the moment. The Americans even have a name for it "The Great Resignation".

When Harry has an interview lined up I expect his PR firm gives him a list of points that he needs to work into the conversation and this will be one of the items that came up in their polling and social media analysis as being currently a hot topic.

So why did Harry say what he said? I expect the answer is as simple as his PR firm told him to.
Ah, so once again ligging onto the latest trend and trying to look relevant. Should have known. Original thought? Pah.

It obviously hasn’t occurred to the fool and his PR team* that there are multitudes out there chasing the coin because they have a mortgage/rent bills and a family to support and that most folk are only a couple of paydays away from potential financial oblivion. That being said, quitting a job without first finding a viable alternative is likely to increase stress and mental health issues, not lead to some pampered rich mans, self indulgent idea of inner peace.
Of course, living in never never land and being cushioned by a multi million dollar bank balance, throwaway lifestyle tips come easily.

*It probably has occurred to some of them but the mistress and her fool must be given fresh pearls of “wisdom” to cast in order to stay relevant.

It obviously hasn’t occurred to the fool and his PR team* that there are multitudes out there chasing the coin because they have a mortgage/rent bills and a family to support and that most folk are only a couple of paydays away from potential financial oblivion. That being said, quitting a job without first finding a viable alternative is likely to increase stress and mental health issues, not lead to some pampered rich mans, self indulgent idea of inner peace.
Of course, living in never never land and being cushioned by a multi million dollar bank balance, throwaway lifestyle tips come easily.

*It probably has occurred to some of them but the mistress and her fool must be given fresh pearls of “wisdom” to cast in order to stay relevant.
There is an old saying about employment: 'it is easier to get another job if you've already got one', that way, you are in control of the situation. Once you haven't got a job, the control is in the hands of the employer and you are seen as 'just another skiver on the dole'.

There is an old saying about employment: 'it is easier to get another job if you've already got one', that way, you are in control of the situation. Once you haven't got a job, the control is in the hands of the employer and you are seen as 'just another skiver on the dole'.
Yes, that’s something I’ve always believed. Going to a job interview already being in employment shows that at the very least, you can get out of bed in a morning and that someone else already has enough trust in you to have given you some level of responsibility, be it however humble.

Yes, that’s something I’ve always believed. Going to a job interview already being in employment shows that at the very least, you can get out of bed in a morning and that someone else already has enough trust in you to have given you some level of responsibility, be it however humble.
Maybe Harry can apply for a job elsewhere?
Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Monaco, Belgium, Spain...

A lot of people who had jobs in places like restaurants ended up losing their jobs and having to find new ones during the worst of the pandemic. A fair number of them don't want to go back to their old jobs.

This is a hot topic in the US, with a lot of people advocating that you can find a job that is less shit even if it pays less and so should really think about your future and decide what you want out of life. I suspect this is won't really last over the long run, but there is a lot of talk about it at the moment. The Americans even have a name for it "The Great Resignation".

When Harry has an interview lined up I expect his PR firm gives him a list of points that he needs to work into the conversation and this will be one of the items that came up in their polling and social media analysis as being currently a hot topic.

So why did Harry say what he said? I expect the answer is as simple as his PR firm told him to.
It's a large and very swish PR organisation. He won't squeak unless they tell him to do so.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Well, well well, who would have thought it, from today's Times:

Jacqueline Avant murder prompts critics to blame California crimewave on liberal reforms​

The murder of a philanthropist in her Beverly Hills home by a suspect on parole has prompted criticism of recent liberal reforms of the criminal justice system.

Jacqueline Avant, 81, was shot with an AR-15 rifle last week during a suspected burglary. She was married to Clarence Avant, 90, a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee renowned for his influence on black musicians.

The couple were well known in Hollywood. Bill Clinton and Oprah Winfrey were among those to pay tribute to Avant after her death.

Aariel Maynor, 29, has been arrested in connection with the killing after shooting himself in the foot during a separate alleged burglary attempt hours later. He was on parole and had an extensive criminal record, police said.

Looks like the 'defund the police' policies of the Liberal Left are coming back to bite them. I hope that the Montecito Morons haven't skimped on their private security detail....

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Errr, I know some who took an interest. But even given that somewhere like cav where the Orficers would stroll in greet the Sergeant and disappear orf for cawfee and plan the next polo match, at some point you need to actually do things with the chaps. At some junction you need to share a metal rumbly thing with the lower castes and spend some time in the field. One has to be a fairly dim officer not to pick up some idea of a normal person's life.

Though that said, and I'm paraphrasing here, where one of their subalterns when interviewed by a journo on the way to the Falklands, and asked about his men answered on the following lines.
"I suppose if they are fed and watered they are alright, I think the thing they miss most is sex." As if he was dicussing his polo ponies, so there is evidence on your side.

ed typo and the Falklands

Last edited:

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer