Harry - alias Edward?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OldRedCap, Apr 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cannot find this as already commented on - sorry if this is a double.
    See Harry failed Sandhurst basics in computing - that is computing at a basic level. See they issued him with his boots - that should have been a signal. Reports are that he had pushed off to South Africa with his chav-named squeeze. So, he'll really be A1 + fit when he signs in - not
    Doubtless this rocketting career will end up like Uncle Edward's as a rufty tufty Marine did.

2. Perhaps his Dad can take a bit of time off from Celebrity Wrestling, and give him some career advice.

3. Good spot ORC:

Well, to be fair, the usual perception is that most officers are 'gifted, slightly dim amateurs' so he should do very well!

Click here for full story from that vile rag...

4. I think his family tradition will see him easily equalling his Dad - acting Major in a cavalry regiment, unable to pass the Captain-to-Major exam.

5. msr

msr LE

Perhaps they should ask how good his drawing is too....

msr

6. I wonder how much political/royal pressure will be applied to ensure that he passes Sandhurst? Do you think that his Coy Comd will be allowed to back term him if he's not up to the standard? I think he might get some of the same concessions that the very rich and royal overseas cadets get. Most of these were useless but their countries/families were paying a lot of money to put them through RMAS so no-one dared boot them out. (maybe we didn't want them to be too good, just in case we have to fight them later!)

7. "But he is expected to join The Blues and Royals rather than The Life Guards to avoid comparisons with Princess Diana love rat James Hewitt - who served in the regiment with distinction during Gulf War One."

I would have thought that he would want to join Life Guards to follow in his father's foot steps! ;)

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Spot on!

9. Presumably, and probably quite rightly, he'll be treated in the same way as all those dreadful Foreign Students, who turned up on an attendance only basis, and if you were lucky bought a washing machine for the lines.

Perhaps the Palace should be made to pay the same level of fees as they have to; Harry will then stand a chance of winning, what in my day was called, the 'King Coon Cane'. After all he is a German.

10. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Harry was at RCB.

11. No wonder if he got his teacher to do the work for him. :roll:

12. He is ginger, rich, not too bright and from a long line of the same....sounds ideally suited to the Cav

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Obviously the cream of our nation, very rich and very thick!
    At least There will be no more Royal tournament T shirts, You can Kiss a frog and turn him into a prince but you cant turn a Prince into a Marine!

14. I've just done the pre-RMAS course, and about 10 people out of around 100+ did fail the test. That said the sergeant administering it did make the comment:

"That Harry..." *taps head, shakes head*

15. Whats the big deal as a Plt Comd / Tp leader hes not going to have any IT anyway!