Harriet Harmon fined £350.00 for driving offence

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BarkingSpider, Jan 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The charge of using a mobile 'phone was withdrawn.

2. I expect that she will have a criminal record now, visible by all and sundry.

3. I found that part pretty annoying but there might not have been sufficient evidence. Still grips my shit though.

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

5. Yeah, the maximum fine in this country for this offence is apparently £5000 so it would have been nice to see the fine relect her income a bit more.

6. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

From what I remember the fine is based on your disposable income rather than gross income and on the severity of the offence. I'd love to see her income statement made to the court.

7. I love to see her reamed out with a chimney sweeping brush, but I'm afraid life's not like that.

She must be on an income that would reflect a higher fine than that. Doesn't incude the expenses though does it? Shame.

8. The fine will only go on expenses anyway...

9. Much as I dislike Harperson, the punishment does seem fair.

But yes, in her case the Swiss system would have been more satisfying.

10. What is wrong with you lot?

She committed a crime. She paid a fine in keeping with the general tariffs for what was a minor offence, a first offence and compared to her income.

Get over it.

Now, if you wanted to complain that she should be dragged outside screaming in flames for what the Labour party have done to the country, then you might have a point. But that is sod all to do with the driving offence.

But you can't see wee want balanced and fair judiciary UNLESS we happen to disagree with the persons politics.

11. No No No
    Hang the bitch. :D

12. Is that not a pre-requisite for being an MP?

13. Did she not leave the scene of the accident, saying something like "You know where to find me?"

If so, she should be locked up. None of us would get away with that.

If not, she should still be locked up as she's a cnut.

14. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

BBC reports that she already has two convictions for traffic offences (both for speeding)