Harriet Harman MP

#2
Slap on the wrist for the most minor of the three offences.

Driving whilst using phone and leaving scene without providing details - all dropped.

I'm sure £350 can be charged to expenses
 
#3
Herrumph said:
Slap on the wrist for the most minor of the three offences.

Driving whilst using phone and leaving scene without providing details - all dropped.

I'm sure £350 can be charged to expenses
I suspect no one actually was able to say they saw her driving whilst using the phone, and she didn't try to hide who she was , so those were probably diifficult to get a sound convicttion on. Lets fac it most normal mortals would never have been charged for a minor bump like that.

Mind you she is now just one more offence from losing her licence, isn't that a challenge for her local plods.
 
#4
Just another one of these "I couldn't give a fukk about the rest of you because I'm above the law" twaats. Should be taken out and introduced to the business end of a really blunt instrument.
 
#6
maxi_77 said:
Herrumph said:
Slap on the wrist for the most minor of the three offences.

Driving whilst using phone and leaving scene without providing details - all dropped.

I'm sure £350 can be charged to expenses
I suspect no one actually was able to say they saw her driving whilst using the phone, and she didn't try to hide who she was , so those were probably diifficult to get a sound convicttion on. Lets fac it most normal mortals would never have been charged for a minor bump like that.

Mind you she is now just one more offence from losing her licence, isn't that a challenge for her local plods.
But leaving the scene of an accident no matter how minor a bump is an offence, and is thought of as an attempt to hide guilt as statistics, the thing the current government appear to love, suggest that the majority of people who leave the scene have something to hide, the list of which is quite extensive.
 
#8
Let's have a little look at this.
She's a QC and former solicitor general, has already been done for speeding twice, and WAS using a mobile, even if no charges were brought.

So, what we have here is a Minister of State, with extensive legal training, who has repeatedly demonstrated that she thinks the laws of the road just don't apply to her.

This is behaviour you would expect to see in a bonehead 17 year old, not a so-called adult. Ignorance of the law is no defence in court, but surely there should be additional penalties for those who know the law, but downright refuse to accept that it also applies to them?

If the laws of the road don't apply to her, then presumably it's only a matter of the degree in which she holds other law in contempt. Where does she draw the line? Does the law of fraud apply to her? Perjury? Treason?

She won't resign of course, because that would be the honourable thing to do. Possibly another concept that she does not think applies to her.
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#9
smartarse said:
"'Miss Harman strongly refutes the allegations and will deny the charges.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...driving-using-mobile-phone.html#ixzz0c1U6q3nu

But she copped a guilty plea in court.
Surely you wouldn't expect a Labour politician of her standing to take a consistent view?

I wonder if in a few months she will be using the "..do you know who I am..?" punch line? As the response will surely be - "yes: a failed and discredited politician.."
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#11
You are right Bob.

What was the expression that the Attorney general used when she hired an illegal immigrant? ".... just a technical breach of the law.."
 
#12
It's all the phalocrats fault.

A moon goddess has been ravaged by evil men and their penises.

Wimmin should be allowed to crash and drive off if they feel threatened.
 
#13
Conrad_Cock said:
maxi_77 said:
Herrumph said:
Slap on the wrist for the most minor of the three offences.

Driving whilst using phone and leaving scene without providing details - all dropped.

I'm sure £350 can be charged to expenses
I suspect no one actually was able to say they saw her driving whilst using the phone, and she didn't try to hide who she was , so those were probably diifficult to get a sound convicttion on. Lets fac it most normal mortals would never have been charged for a minor bump like that.

Mind you she is now just one more offence from losing her licence, isn't that a challenge for her local plods.
But leaving the scene of an accident no matter how minor a bump is an offence, and is thought of as an attempt to hide guilt as statistics, the thing the current government appear to love, suggest that the majority of people who leave the scene have something to hide, the list of which is quite extensive.
Leaving the scene itself is not an offence, it is leaving without leaving appropriate details. I suspect that at the end of the day saying she was Harriet the Harridan you know where to get in touch with me could be construed as adequate information.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads