• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Harriers to stay in Kandahar

John Reif has announced that the detachment of 6 GR-7 Harriers will now stay in Afghanistan until 31 Mar 07.

No real surprise there in my opinion but i wonder whether this will affect the Govts figures for the total number of troops allowed to be deployed in theatre.

Link here

F

As he visited UK troops in Afghanistan, Defence Secretary John Reid said the Harriers were "an essential tool".

The Harriers returned the compliment "He's a real tool" said one of them. "But not essential" it concluded.

This will be the same John Reid who yesterday said that reports that the military had asked for more support in the 'Stan were 'wholly untrue', then.

As reported Here

Mr Reid told reporters it was "absolutely and completely untrue" that he had received requests from Army commanders for 600 more troops.

"Just in case there had been a request from any quarter which I had not yet received, I clarified the position this morning with the commander of British forces here."
Dont you just love it.

F

frankie said:
As reported Here

Mr Reid told reporters it was "absolutely and completely untrue" that he had received requests from Army commanders for 600 more troops.

"Just in case there had been a request from any quarter which I had not yet received, I clarified the position this morning with the commander of British forces here."
Dont you just love it.

F
But do you understand it?

Latest Threads