Harrier taking a bath ???

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by HFTrogg, Aug 16, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Looking at that pic, it is possible that the airframe may just fly again. Maybe he didn't break it after all!!!
  2. Woop,

have you ssen the photo on prune taken from the other end? everything in front of the wings looks a mess, the front half of the cockpit is gone/hanging down at 90 degrees. I don't think it will fly again but I'd be amazed if everything from the wing back isn't recycled as spares.
  3. That harrier that crashed in Lowestoft now currently lives inside an ISO container at RAF Wittering, the wings are sitting on a wing stand in an old hangar (on a sunny day you can see the carbon particles floating in the air) and the rest lives in an ISO. None of the equipment was re used as it too is in the ISO
  4. Strange how the link doesn't work anymore...................well done those on "the desk"...............commonly known as the MOD IM fun police!!!!!!!!!
  5. Have you noticed the date on the original post?
  6. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm - "the desk" change dates too?????
  7. Link no longer works :(
  8. After 8 years I´m not surprised that the link doesn´t work,I´m more surprised that somebody thought that a rusty wreck was still newsworthy!
    What´s the betting that in 8 years time It´ll be `Harriers eaten by Moths..........cheapo mothballs??´
  9. i saw the video of it crash, im sure you can prob still youtube it
  10. I was at the Airshow, standing about 200 meters away.

My father was Silver Command that day for the emergency response and visited the piolet in hospital. IIRC he broke his ankle after hitting the tail plane. He had a provost either side as he was under arrest for flying outwith the clearly defined safety zone.

Later heard the report into the accident said his sleeve had caught the thrust controls...hmmmmm
  11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

He broke his leg or ankle IIRC when he landed on top off it

IIRC also he coughed to selecting plummet instead of reverse
  12. I was at Lowestoft (along with about 200,000 others) when this happened. Within a day or so, it was stated (sorry, can't remember by who) thst the airframe was going to be used as a gate guard. It took the Andrew/Crabs a week to recover the wreck, so not much would be reusable.