Harrier gives soldier centre parting!

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by whistler, Oct 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you've got the toys you might as well use them. Mind you, I wouldn't like a CR2 whizzing pased me at 50mph 2 meters away.

2. Been shown a few times on GMTV this morning. They were calling it a " Game of Chicken"! Admittedly the Harrier does look very low.

Might help recruit a few hoody type yoofs - certainly different than playing chicken on the A2. Apparently a MOD spokeman referred to it as "letting off steam" - good drills, so hopefully no witch hunt on this one.

As the guy in the picture ducked i almost p*ssed myself laughing.

It is a must show clip for any Joint presentation.

Cheer up your morning - have a look.

3. Quality I can just imagine someone shouting HEADS !!

Also it's good to see the MOD not going on a witch hunt for once like the fire brigade did with the fireman in a washing machine

4. The Spanish Inquisition on this has been ongoing for a couple of months now. They want a hanging party!

5. They made they bloke appologies, I mean really it was funny if it was obscene then fiar enough but see the good side of it not waste a few thousand of the tax payers pounds on an enquiry!!

6. The bloke driving that Harrier is supposed to be a member of this site.

7. Hold on! I detect an oxymoron here. One article says it's a soldier and another it's an RAF 'serviceman'. Now come on, own up, is it a crab or a real soldier? I suspect it's the former.

8. No beret
    Hands on hips
    Scruffy cnut

..................CRAB!!

9. Well, wasn't too sure, it isn't Maj Jon Swift, 3 PARA is it?

10. I think you'll find the person you're trying to mis-represent is Major James Loden of 3 Para. Major John Swift is Fusiliers, I believe.

11. Whilstler. You're right, he probably is a Crab as you will notice he ducked. Contrast with the Pongo Loggie at South Cerney a few years back who tried to header a Herc and came second.

12. It reminds me altogether too much, of a fatal incident 10(+) yrs ago, where a C-130 driver killed somebody (one of his crew?) by doing a low pass with the tailgate down.
    They were letting off steam.
    1 crab dead, another Court-Martialled and sentenced.
    Funny?
    Not.
    O - and p*ssing about at 0ft - where there's no margin for error - with 15% of the UK national CAS capability, in the middle of a war.
    Fcuking hilarious.
    Not.
    Sorry - just Not. :roll: