Harrier gives soldier centre parting!

If you've got the toys you might as well use them. Mind you, I wouldn't like a CR2 whizzing pased me at 50mph 2 meters away.

Nice!

Been shown a few times on GMTV this morning. They were calling it a " Game of Chicken"! Admittedly the Harrier does look very low.

Might help recruit a few hoody type yoofs - certainly different than playing chicken on the A2. Apparently a MOD spokeman referred to it as "letting off steam" - good drills, so hopefully no witch hunt on this one.

As the guy in the picture ducked i almost p*ssed myself laughing.

It is a must show clip for any Joint presentation.

Cheer up your morning - have a look.

Quality I can just imagine someone shouting HEADS !!

Also it's good to see the MOD not going on a witch hunt for once like the fire brigade did with the fireman in a washing machine

Wedgy said:
Also it's good to see the MOD not going on a witch hunt for once like the fire brigade did with the fireman in a washing machine
The Spanish Inquisition on this has been ongoing for a couple of months now. They want a hanging party!

They made they bloke appologies, I mean really it was funny if it was obscene then fiar enough but see the good side of it not waste a few thousand of the tax payers pounds on an enquiry!!

The bloke driving that Harrier is supposed to be a member of this site.

Hold on! I detect an oxymoron here. One article says it's a soldier and another it's an RAF 'serviceman'. Now come on, own up, is it a crab or a real soldier? I suspect it's the former.

SamCaine said:
Hold on! I detect an oxymoron here. One article says it's a soldier and another it's an RAF 'serviceman'. Now come on, own up, is it a crab or a real soldier? I suspect it's the former.
No beret
Hands on hips
Scruffy cnut

..................CRAB!!

ABrighter2006 said:
Well, wasn't too sure, it isn't Maj Jon Swift, 3 PARA is it?
I think you'll find the person you're trying to mis-represent is Major James Loden of 3 Para. Major John Swift is Fusiliers, I believe.

Whilstler. You're right, he probably is a Crab as you will notice he ducked. Contrast with the Pongo Loggie at South Cerney a few years back who tried to header a Herc and came second.

It reminds me altogether too much, of a fatal incident 10(+) yrs ago, where a C-130 driver killed somebody (one of his crew?) by doing a low pass with the tailgate down.
They were letting off steam.
1 crab dead, another Court-Martialled and sentenced.
Funny?
Not.
O - and p*ssing about at 0ft - where there's no margin for error - with 15% of the UK national CAS capability, in the middle of a war.
Fcuking hilarious.
Not.
Sorry - just Not. :roll:

SamCaine said:
The dead 'crab' in the C-130 incident was RCT.
Accepted - my recollection clearly dodgy; it was a long time ago and I'm not getting any younger - but he's still dead because some flash cnut in a flying suit was being 'kool' :cry:

There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots.
BUT
There are very very few old, bold pilots.

Stonker said:
It reminds me altogether too much, of a fatal incident 10(+) yrs ago, where a C-130 driver killed somebody (one of his crew?) by doing a low pass with the tailgate down.
They were letting off steam.
1 crab dead, another Court-Martialled and sentenced.
Funny?
Not.
O - and p*ssing about at 0ft - where there's no margin for error - with 15% of the UK national CAS capability, in the middle of a war.
Fcuking hilarious.
Not.
Sorry - just Not. :roll:
Lighten up, squaddie humour is what makes the british forces great.
Yes accidents happen, and a death is still a death regardless of through ops or accident.
The day that guys stop doing dangerous things for a laugh will be a very sad one.

He must be crab though because he ducked too soon, anyone remember the spitfire version with the tv reporter?

SamCaine said:
ABrighter2006 said:
Well, wasn't too sure, it isn't Maj Jon Swift, 3 PARA is it?
I think you'll find the person you're trying to mis-represent is Major James Loden of 3 Para. Major John Swift is Fusiliers, I believe.
Sorry, I stand corrected - there was no intention to mis-represent, just my mistake in lifting it from another thread.

...I'll get my coat.

Chill out Stonker, not condoning it - just bringing it to peoples attention, it is quite spectacular. (bet you're a wow at parties)

I am confused though, how does one Harrier become 15% of our total in theatre CAS - pray tell what formula you're using. Are you saying that the aircraft was in fact two thirds of an aircraft or one and a third of an aircraft?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Goatman Aviation 8
H The Intelligence Cell 14
H Classified Ads 1