Harrier Down In Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RustyH, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The BBC is reporting a harrier has crashed near Kandahar airport after an apparent landing gear failure. The pilot ejected and suffered minor injuries.

Code:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8049470.stm

2. Blue jobs again! Any normal bloke would have ejaculated?

3. ejaculated lmao :D

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

At least he got out ok. Sounds like he well and truly bent the jet though :oops:

5. rather he had bent the jet than the jet bending him ;)

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Agreed :D But he's going the get the pi$$ ripped out of him for a while though :p

7. At least he ejected at the airfield and not out in the bondu. I imagine that would be a brown pants experience. 8O

8. Armed with a trusty pistol, goolie chit and with a belt laced with hidden, gold sovereigns, the pilot would have nothing to fear.

9. I've fired the walther. It's sh1te! And the locals can't read so thats the chit fecked. Best hope they only use the knife to get at the gold but somehow i don't think they will..... :evil:

10. I'm sure I'd have found ejecting somewhere 'safe' would have been brown trouser time.

11. They must think its something special to eject from an aircraft, personally I would of thought it takes far more skill to fly / land it than jump out and let it spank into the ground!

I actually had a ex RAF guy apply for a job where I work, I read though his CV and one of the points on it was "Successful ejection from a Tornado". I mean, who cares and what relevance does that have to being a trainer?