Harley Davidson Nighster. Good idea or not?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by trickywoo, Jan 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I’ve got a set of BMWs – a K1200S, R1200GS and a K1200LT. This morning I decided to change the K1200S and I’ve chopped it in for a new Harley Davidson Nightster. I’ve not had a Hog before so this will be a first but the reviews all look great. Do any Arrsers have experience of the Sporster? Will I need to wear leather trousers with the arse cut out?
  2. Not a sportster,but I have had a FLHS Glide from new since 1992. No major problems at all. I had a service this year which did cost 2000. I needed new exhaust from the manifold through to silencers and these had to come from the US. The total cost of the exhausts including shipping was 1500. It would have cost more it I had replaced them with genuine HD parts so once the warrenty is over shop around.
  3. There are 2 types of rider those who ride Harley's and those who are smart enough not to! Having seen at 1st hand some of the tools who ride them I'd give it a miss
  4. Too late to give it a miss although I did change my mind and get a black Dyna Super Glide Custom instead. I think it's beautiful but I can't pick it up until next Saturday. It'll be a long week!
  5. Knew a bloke that was a big Harley nut in Canada. He said you only get a Harley for the name, and then only if you know quite alot about mechanics. He said there are better bikes out there, but you can't beat the feeling of a load of people out on their Harleys.

I suppose its a social thing.

He also said they are always breaking down, they dont like the wet and they don't like the cold.
  6. I think that accessory is called ass-less chaps. It's in the Harley-Davidson catalogue page 34 I believe. Up to you if you're into that sort of thing. :p
  7. Are you a hairdresser?
  8. There is a place in Ashford, Middlesex, who do Harley's. Do a speculative hit on them for prices. Remember they are in poo because of Gordie and Co. Under bid massively.
  9. Trickywoo....I test rode one July 2008.....I have had many bikes.......It impressed me,but the sales staff attitude didnt! Hence didnt want to give them my money !! THE bike lloks great, rides great and sounds ok, then open the throttle and it saounds (as tony would say) Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat
  10. benders bike, end of.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I don't know about you but if I had the choice, I'd buy a motorbike. Or maybe a wheelbarrow.
  12. Good decision: Sportster is a good starter bike, but soon gets frustrating- the 96ci engine and 6 speed box is brilliant, and your teeth don't get vibrated out of your head above 70. The Nightster does look good, but if you're over 5'6" it's cramped.

Incidentally, those who have posted about Harley reliability are wrong unless your bike is pre-1990. For those who have philosophical(!) issues with H-D bikes: two wheels good - regardless of brand. I'm a middle-aged fat bloke: what else would I ride?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The location of the dirtbag ...
    • Like Like x 2
  14. A couple of decent Polish hookers??