Hardest rank to achieve?

S

syledis

After reading the thread about promotions to Corporal from Lance-jack, it got me wondering:

What is the hardest rank to achieve? Is it your first stripe, your third, or the jump to Warrant Officer? or something else?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is it when people stop referring to you as drug smuggling scum and start referring to you as a property developer?

Is it when people stop referring to you as drug smuggling scum and start referring to you as a property developer?
Is that like a gangster becoming known as a local businessman and Company Director.

I'm on prestige 3 now and i'm finding it a bastard to rank up lately between feckin career courses and the 'limpix

It's cant be easy putting on two stone for every rank they go up. Fackin inspirational is what it is.

Technician 2nd Class - that astronavigation exam is a bastard.

Could not say about the hardest but by Christ you can lose it prity easily I gave up in the end and let nature take over.
One must add that being on CO's expecting to be told that sub rank had come through turned out to be the sub rank has not happend and that the acting rank was going as well was shall we say prity shit bloody amalgamation's.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
And the hardest rank to achieve is Sapper..!
As a man who's hobbies include the resurrection huge old engines and building bridges over rivers I do not actually own, then claiming I have owned them for 50 years, I would agree.

But since we are down to proper work, I say a Mechanic.

Not some geek who plugs the job into a laptop and peers at it. But a proper mechanic. A dying breed and a high rank.