Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardest quiz questions?

Keep trying...!

Seamen

The ship's name and number painted on the side.
Well done!

Was a question on some ship's familiarisation questionaire I was handed on my first ship. You basically get sent away to find the answers to various questions. I spent ages looking through fire main diagrams and electrical layouts in HQ1 before someone put me out of my misery!

Gaston Plante (accented e) in 1859 and dry ice doesn't melt, it sublimates straight to a gas. Now can someone tell what the questions were? I'm losing track.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
What connects x, y, d, 4th ?

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Valletta is named after Jean de la Vallette, Grand Master of the Knights of St John at the time of the Great Siege, 1565 (IIRC).
it is named after Jean de la Vallette, but I think it is also referred to as the island fort...I can't think of any other

it is named after Jean de la Vallette, but I think it is also referred to as the island fort...I can't think of any other
Didn't the question ask ‘which had the meaning of Island Fort’, though?
I’m racking my brains now to think of capital cities which were originally islands guarding the entrance to an estuary, or something like that.
Or was originally an island in the middle of a river .

Latest Threads