Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardest quiz questions?

Didn't the question ask ‘which had the meaning of Island Fort’, though?
I’m racking my brains now to think of capital cities which were originally islands guarding the entrance to an estuary, or something like that.
agreed

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Did she know the Island, then?
Father lived (lives?) there. Curiously, it just occurs that another lady friend of mine, her father lives in Malta too. I know the latter regularly visits her father. Pretty sure Sluggy did. But Sluggy was a lot smarter that her p¡sshead persona suggested. I'm confident she'd have known.

Father lived (lives?) there. Curiously, it just occurs that another lady friend of mine, her father lives in Malta too. I know the latter regularly visits her father. Pretty sure Sluggy did. But Sluggy was a lot smarter that her p¡sshead persona suggested. I'm confident she'd have known.
I was brought up there: did all my Infants and Primary education at the RN school (5 - 11+); had a 4-month holding posting there; and have visited frequently with family and to work with Maltese Customs Investigation Division.

ETA: And the answer is?

TamH70

MIA
Alas, my contribution to the field of quizzery is confined to drunkenly shouting out the (correct) answers when everyone else in the pub were earnestly engrossed in a pub quiz. They weren't very happy with me, but I was fucking pissed as and was happily past caring.

Alas, my contribution to the field of quizzery is confined to drunkenly shouting out the (correct) answers when everyone else in the pub were earnestly engrossed in a pub quiz. They weren't very happy with me, but I was ******* pissed as and was happily past caring.

I bet they didn’t invite you to be quizmaster again ... :)

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Alas, my contribution to the field of quizzery is confined to drunkenly shouting out the (correct) answers when everyone else in the pub were earnestly engrossed in a pub quiz. They weren't very happy with me, but I was ******* pissed as and was happily past caring.
  1. Visiting nephew. Nephew's wife plying Zero Alpha with more wine than she's ever drunk before or since, while playing Trivial Pursuit. Zero Alpha got every question right. Shame about five out of every six were somebody else's question.
  2. Consulting at Abbey National Shareholder Systems, Bletchley. Great rapport between Abbey staff and consultancy team. We took to going round all the pub quizzes in the Milton Keynes area, fielded three teams and took all the prizes, couple of times a week. But one particular quiz. Picture round. "Name the celebrity in each photo." Groups huddle, debate and write answers on answer sheet. The only picture I remember was a picture of an old Charlton Heston. Unanimous. From the next table, "That's not Charlton Heston. Never in a million years is that Charlton Heston. If that's Charlton Heston, you can kick me round the car park." This from a senior Abbey programmer, spitting image of Gerry Adams. Every other team looks at sheet, confirms they've written Charlton Heston and jogs on. Only one team got it wrong. Fair dos. Next lunchtime, the whole of Abbey National Shareholder Systems gathered in the car park to watch him adopt a leapfrog position and get ceremonially kicked round the car park. After three months, all the pub quizzes around closed, because there were only three teams turning up.

One of our virtual new year quiz questions. How many pistons in a three bank Napier Deltic engine?

ches

LE
One of my favourite places on earth. Love it.

Me too. Paid a visit to the city about 10 years ago on wonderfully hot day & had lunch in a superb cafe right on the walls of the city looking north east across the island. Staggering view while sipping an ice cold beer.
The city is well worth a trip to see, esp on a hot day as the buildings are cool inside & the local eateries bloody marvelous.

Latest Threads