Hardcase Downs Pint Of Vodka In 4 Seconds.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TerryFukWit, Sep 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay, he did die after it, but surely he deserves some kind of bravery award ?

Man on dance drug mepherdrone dies after drinking pint of vodka in four seconds | Mail Online

A drinker who had taken the dance drug mephedrone died after downing a pint of vodka in four seconds, an inquest heard.
    Richard Davies swallowed the spirits in one go, despite attempts to stop him.
    The 29-year-old had been drinking with friends before the alcohol - the equivalent of 13 pints of lager - knocked him into a stupor.

He was found unconscious and not breathing in a pool of his own blood, and died hours later.

Teesside Coroner's Court heard how the electrician's mate, of Thornaby, near Stockton-on-Tees, was five-and-a-half times the legal drink-drive limit .
    His body also contained traces of the then-legal high mephedrone, which has since been banned.
    Mr Davies' best friend Christopher Crooks told the inquest yesterday how he desperately tried to save his life after he was found unconscious at about 4.30pm on January 16.

In a statement read out by deputy Teesside coroner Tony Eastwood, he said: 'Richard drank a pint of vodka in four seconds or so.
    'I did try to take the glass off him, but he turned his back on me, pushed me away, and drank it all.'
    Mr Crooks had taken Mr Davies to his stepfather John Brocklesby's home, in Cobden Street, to sleep off the alcohol.

He made desperate attempts to save his friend when he stopped breathing but by the time paramedics had arrived Mr Davies was dead.
    Pathologist Jan Lowe said Mr Davies had an alcohol level of 458mg in 100ml of blood, enough to have caused acute alcohol poisoning.
    Recording a verdict of misadventure, Mr Eastwood said the alcohol in his system had killed him and that the mephedrone was not a contributing factor.

2. While I feel sorry for the lads family, he was a dick who died a dicks death.

3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

A Bravery Award? The Queen's Award for Congenital Stupidity?

The waste of O2 deserved everything that he got.

(as do you)

4. This guy doesn't even deserve a Darwin award. They are reserved for the truly stupid. Not cunts.

5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Now now chaps, don't be so harsh, I'm with the OP here. The chap does deserve some sort of recognition for his efforts in pushing the boundaries of human endurance and coming a cropper. I mean a pint of vodka, that's pretty impressive, you have to admit. If it wasn't for brave adventurer's like this, where would we be?

I put this chap up there with Ayrton Senna, Donald Campbell and the crew of that space shuttle that blew up.

RIP.

6. We're all quick to judge, but who hasn't done a top shelf dirty pint for their birthday?

7. Ravers

Indeed and in four seconds too. What a hero. Not sure I approve of the methadrone, but hey ho, not everyone can afford coke like I can.

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Exactly. The standard initiation for Guy's Rugby Club used to be about 3/4's of a pint of woddy down in one, and they are all baby doctors. So who can argue with that ?!! :-D

9. Hero? The word you're all thinking of is Moron. Fucking witless moron

10. Ravers

You're just jealous, I bet you get all wobbly after a Bacardi Breezer. Ever done a top shelf cocktail?

11. Ravers

Anyway I've had a wreath made for him, if any other arrsers want to chip in just let me know:

[​IMG]

12. I want to know where the blood came from ?

13. Gremlin

I think that you are stretching the point a bit with Smirnoff, Ravers. Vladivar, Russian Imperial or ASDA might be more appropriate!

14. Gremlin

An attempted 'True' Bloody Mary, without med supervision?

15. RIP Richard you Brave Solja Boy. Am looking for his Facebook Tribute to Wax Crayon all over & share the love. It's a wee bit dusty in here.....

[​IMG]